Joe Lieberman on "Axis of Evil" - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2002, 12:42 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 06:54 PM
Comments like that (and I'm referring to the original cute soundbite since nobody outside of the US cares about Senator Lieberman) only serve to paint a big fat bullseye on the United States. Good luck.

Old 02-12-2002, 12:48 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Klodomir:
Comments like that (and I'm referring to the original cute soundbite since nobody outside of the US cares about Senator Lieberman) only serve to paint a big fat bullseye on the United States. Good luck.
I think the bull's-eye has been on us for a very long time.

Old 02-12-2002, 02:22 PM   #18
Refugee

Isn't it time to start erasing it, then? Or is it easier to erase your enemies?
Old 02-12-2002, 04:50 PM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 05:54 PM
Ian McDiarmid (the guy who plays Senator Palpatine) isn't creepy at all, he's a really nice guy. I spotted him at Starbucks once and asked for his autograph, not only did he give me that but he drew a smiley face on my napkin.

Really sweet guy.

Ant.
Old 02-13-2002, 12:26 AM   #20
Refugee

I'm sure McDiarmid is a great guy... and I've liked him in every movie I've seen him (see also: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Sleepy Hollow).

Now, in response to Klodomir:

Isn't it time to start erasing it, then? Or is it easier to erase your enemies?

Having a target on your chest isn't necessarily a bad thing: consider that cops
are probably quite often specifically targeted by criminals - because they're trying to enforce the law.

While nobody's perfect, I believe that there ARE good guys and bad guys. And I also believe bad guys target the good guys that are the biggest threat to their plans; hence, the attacks on NYC and DC, and not on Paris or Munich.

In this case, I HONESTLY believe we were targeted for doing more-or-less the right things (defending Israel, etc.). Thus we should NOT try to appease the thugs and ask them to stop targeting us.

We should engage them with overwhelming military force.
Old 02-13-2002, 02:17 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Well said Bubba!
Old 02-13-2002, 02:21 AM   #22
War Child

Only semi-funny, but anyway....

PRESS RELEASE

ANGERED BY SNUBBING, LIBYA, CHINA, SYRIA FORM "AXIS OF JUST AS EVIL"
Cuba, Sudan, Serbia Form "Axis of Somewhat Evil"; Other Nations Start Own
Clubs

Bitter after being snubbed for membership in the "Axis of Evil," Libya, China, and Syria today announced they had formed the "Axis of Just as Evil," which they said would be way eviler than that stupid Iran-Iraq-North Korea axis President Bush warned of his State of the Union address.

Axis of Evil members, however, immediately dismissed the new axis as having, for starters, a really dumb name. "Right. They are Just as Evil... in their dreams!" declared North Korean leader Kim Jong-il. "Everybody knows we're the best evils... best at being evil... we're the best." Diplomats from Syria denied they were jealous over being excluded, although they conceded they did ask if they could join the Axis of Evil.
"They told us it was full," said Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. "An Axis can't have more than three countries," explained Iraqi President Saddam Hussein. "This is not my rule, it's tradition. In World War II you had Germany, Italy, and Japan in the evil Axis. So you can only have three. And a secret handshake. Ours is wicked cool."

THE AXIS PANDEMIC

International reaction to Bush's Axis of Evil declaration was swift, as within minutes, France surrendered.
Elsewhere, peer-conscious nations rushed to gain triumvirate status in what became a game of geopolitical chairs.

Cuba, Sudan, and Serbia said they had formed the "Axis of Somewhat Evil", forcing Somalia to join with Uganda and Myanmar in the "Axis of Occasionally Evil", while Bulgaria, Indonesia and Russia established the "Axis of Not So Much Evil Really As Just Generally Disagreeable."

With the criteria suddenly expanded and all the desirable clubs filling up, Sierra Leone, El Salvador, and Rwanda applied to be called the "Axis of Countries That Aren't the Worst But Certainly Won't Be Asked to
Host the Olympics";
Canada, Mexico, and Australia formed the "Axis of Nations That Are Actually Quite Nice But Secretly Have Nasty Thoughts About
America", while Spain, Scotland, and New Zealand established the "Axis of Countries That Be Allowed to Ask Sheep to Wear Lipstick."
"That's not a threat, really, just something we like to do," said Scottish Executive First Minister Jack McConnell.

While wondering if the other nations of the world weren't perhaps making fun of him, a cautious Bush granted approval for most axes, although he rejected the establishment of the "Axis of Countries Whose Names End in
'Guay," accusing one of its members of filing a false application. Officials from Paraguay, Uruguay, and Chadguay denied the charges.

Israel, meanwhile, insisted it didn't want to join any Axis, but privately, world leaders said that's only because no one asked them.

Old 02-14-2002, 12:19 AM   #23
War Child

Local Time: 09:54 AM
hahahaha
Old 02-14-2002, 03:55 AM   #24
War Child

Quote:
In this case, I HONESTLY believe we were targeted for doing more-or-less the right things (defending Israel, etc.).
Funding Israel is supporting terrorism.

Ethnic Clensing = Terrorism.

Supplying the forces that actively engage in it = Funding terrorism.

[This message has been edited by DoctorGonzo (edited 02-14-2002).]
Old 02-14-2002, 08:36 AM   #25
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
Funding Israel is supporting terrorism.

[This message has been edited by DoctorGonzo (edited 02-14-2002).]
What exactly are you a "doctor" of, the soiling of toiletpaper?

------------------

"The only fitting memorial for those lives that were lost is the idea that the world is forever changed by this moment in time, that it is a better more inclusive place, & that we cut off the OXYGEN SUPPLY to these CRAZY FANATICS!" ~Bono 11/05/01

"So Mr. Bin Laden, I hear you have an intrest in our airplanes...Let me show you this one, we like to call it the B-52
Old 02-14-2002, 08:59 AM   #26
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by the HORROR:
Master debater at work. Pay attention, kids.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:30 AM   #27
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 11:54 AM
FYI kids,
I got this from yesterdays USAToday paper: ( i will just include some of the highlights)

from the article:
AL GORE SIDES WITH BUSH ON 'AXIS OF EVIL' ACCUSATION

"There is value in calling evil by its name"-Gore

He then compared Bush's phrase to Ronald Reagan's calling the former Soviet Union an "evil empire" (sounds familiar U2LA)

" One should never underestimate the power of bold words coming from a president of United States"-Gore

But Gore also said Bush needs to show more respect to Americas allies. He said the administration shows "impatience and disdain toward NATO members. "We cannot bind them to us...if we take them lightly"-Gore

Gore stood with Bush on the need for "a final reckoning" with the government of Iraq, which he called "a virulent threat in a class by itself." Most Democrats, with the exception of Gore's running mate, (Lieberman), have been circumspect about expanding the war to Iraq.

(hmmmmmmm)

Also:

Looking to the future, Gore warned against ignoring terrorisms root causes-poverty, ignorance, and oppression he called "another axis of evil".

-thats all I wanted to take from the article, I admit I agree with Gore, funny his comments sound familiar to Lieberman's. Also kind of funny that ,according to the article, He and Lieberman are taking a different approach than most other Dems. Of course, draw your own conclusion to that.

I personally think he's been reading this forum
Old 02-14-2002, 10:32 AM   #28
Banned

Location: my lovenest / in bed with Larry, Bono, Larry, :heart: Adam, Larry, Edge, *swoon* kisses and THUD !!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Klodomir:
[?[/b]
Masterbater at work. Pay attention, kids.[/B][/QUOTE]

------------------
Old 02-14-2002, 11:20 AM   #29
War Child

Quote:
Stop the ad hominem attacks and either challenge the point I made or say nothing at all.
Old 02-14-2002, 02:53 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
Stop the ad hominem attacks and either challenge the point I made or say nothing at all.
YES SIR!
*salutes*

------------------

"The only fitting memorial for those lives that were lost is the idea that the world is forever changed by this moment in time, that it is a better more inclusive place, & that we cut off the OXYGEN SUPPLY to these CRAZY FANATICS!" ~Bono 11/05/01

"So Mr. Bin Laden, I hear you have an intrest in our airplanes...Let me show you this one, we like to call it the B-52