Jimmy Swaggart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WTF is a man like this doing on television, or roaming free for that matter. That is the same kind attitude one may find in Riyadh but in western countries. Freedom of speech is pushed when somebody is advocating murder. Illustrates well why religious hatred is the problem in the world today.

Can we take the Islamofascists and these Bible Thumpers and let them have their apocalypse somewhere away from us - the world would be a whole lot happier.

EDIT: More anti-gay crap from the GOP
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=101&e=12&u=/po/gopadmitsmailingantigayfliers
On Thursday the Republican Party owned up to sending mass mailings to residents of Arkansas and West Virginia demonizing homosexuals and predicting liberals would ban the Bible if Democrats won in November.
Talk about "compassionate conservatism". wankers.

Last edited:
Ah, yes, the Reverend Jimmy "I just like to watch" Swaggert --such a delightful human being.

"I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry."

Uh, dearest Jimmy, I'm sure no gay man (self respecting or otherwise) would want to marry you either.

On Thursday the Republican Party owned up to sending mass mailings to residents of Arkansas and West Virginia demonizing homosexuals and predicting liberals would ban the Bible if Democrats won in November.

Yep, liberals are widely known for book banning. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well I got a nasty look when I bought Alan Dershowitz "A Case for Israel" and when I ordered "Michael Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man" they ordered "Stupid White Men", by accident of course. Then there was that whole issue on the Borders union website where they were talking about hiding Unfit for Command and instead recomending Against All Enemies and Fortunate Son.

indra said:
Ah, yes, the Reverend Jimmy "I just like to watch" Swaggert --such a delightful human being.

"I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry."

Uh, dearest Jimmy, I'm sure no gay man (self respecting or otherwise) would want to marry you either.

:laugh:

I think the same goes for the majority of women...

During the program, a rambling sermon by Swaggart who is trying to rehabilitate himself after an arrest for soliciting a prostitute, the televangelist turned to the subject of gay marriage.

According to a transcript of the program, Swaggart said: "I'm trying to find the correct name for it ... this utter absolute, asinine, idiotic stupidity of men marrying men. ... I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry. And I'm gonna be blunt and plain; if one ever looks at me like that, I'm gonna kill him and tell God he died."

"Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15)

Yeah, i'd be curious in which edition of the bible soliciting prostitutes and lying to God is the Gospel

He's a sick individual and so are the people who applauded.

But someone like him isn't going to make me give up my religion. I'm not making any judgments on anyone who feels otherwise.

That's a new low.:|

Back
Top Bottom