Jesus's words on abortion - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2006, 12:30 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 10:17 AM
Jesus's words on abortion

Can someone point out what Jesus actually had to say about abortion.

I would think Jesus CHRIST would have had something to say on the matter as it's existence is such a hot topic for CHRISTians

Old 01-07-2006, 12:34 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 05:17 AM
This will not end well.

Old 01-07-2006, 12:48 PM   #3
The Fly

I don't know Jesus knew was was abortion 2000 years ago... I'm pretty sure that was added by our wonderful controling piests. Besides, I don't think people should care about what a man in a white robe said when it's about matters like that. Think by yourself, make your own opinions. Ever tried that ?
Old 01-07-2006, 12:50 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:17 AM
Re: Jesus's words on abortion

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Scot
Can someone point out what Jesus actually had to say about abortion.

I would think Jesus CHRIST would have had something to say on the matter as it's existence is such a hot topic for CHRISTians
Why do you ask?

Do you consider His Word authoritative in your life?
Old 01-07-2006, 01:22 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

There's a lot of things Jesus never explicity discussed, abortion and homosexuality being two.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:24 PM   #6
The Fly

Re: Re: Jesus's words on abortion

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Why do you ask?
Intellectual Curiousity

Do you have an answer that isn't another question ?

Quote:

Do you consider His Word authoritative in your life?
Irrelevant to the question I posed, but you can start a different thread on it and I'll be happy to discuss with you.
Now, do you have an answer that isn't another question ?
Old 01-07-2006, 01:25 PM   #7
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
There's a lot of things Jesus never explicity discussed, abortion and homosexuality being two.
And yet these take precedence with the Christian Right over the things Jesus DID discuss. Helping the poor and the sick, etc. Curious. Very curious.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:17 AM
Quote:

And yet these take precedence with the Christian Right over the things Jesus DID discuss. Helping the poor and the sick, etc. Curious. Very curious.
Now, you're just playing judgment games. Not so much intellectual curiosity now, is it?

Jesus did speak regarding the value of human life, how we should value each other.

Will you find the actual word "abortion"? No.

But, we could go through plenty of Scripture regarding life, marriage, sex, etc. that would provide the framework for your answer - if you were really interested.

Otherwise, please avoid the troll-like behavior.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

well, if that wasn't one huge sweeping generalization
Old 01-07-2006, 01:39 PM   #10
The Fly

Quote:

well, if that wasn't one huge sweeping generalization
Well, next time Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell are in the news for somethign other than wanting to assassinate democratically elected leaders, ban cartoons for their supposed homosexual content or just expressing their homophobia in genral (you know, other things like outrage at our lack of a proper healthcare system, world poverty, fair trade, etc, ) be sure to let me know.

roll eyes back atcha
Old 01-07-2006, 01:43 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Well, next time Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell are in the news for somethign other than wanting to assassinate democratically elected leaders, ban cartoons for their supposed homosexual content or just expressing their homophobia in genral (you know, other things like outrage at our lack of a proper healthcare system, world poverty, fair trade, etc, ) be sure to let me know.

roll eyes back atcha
Well I'll be damned if Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell are considered the spokespersons for the entire Christian Right!

They represent a few radical fundamentalist people who I have less in common with than my peers of entirely different religions altogether.

But of course, only the most rediculous comments get media attention. I find it pretty stupid that you're twisting what the media chooses to talk about into what the Christian Right as a whole is really all about. I don't think I'm the one that has research to do...
Old 01-07-2006, 01:43 PM   #12
The Fly

Quote:

Now, you're just playing judgment games. Not so much intellectual curiosity now, is it?

Don't like the direction you took the discussion in eh ?

Quote:

Jesus did speak regarding the value of human life, how we should value each other.

Yes, he did. He was against the death Penalty too. Oops, anothe Christian right flagstone.

Quote:

But, we could go through plenty of Scripture regarding life, marriage, sex, etc. that would provide the framework for your answer - if you were really interested.

I'm not talking about the selective grabbing of position-buttressing scripture, all sides of any argument can do that. The beauty of the Bible, you can find a quote for just about anything. I'm specifically talking about what JESUS had to say, did you not understand my question ?
Old 01-07-2006, 01:45 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I'm not talking about the selective grabbing of position-buttressing scripture, all sides of any argument can do that. The beauty of the Bible, you can find a quote for just about anything. I'm specifically talking about what JESUS had to say, did you not understand my question ?
You're question was answered already.

Obviously this thread has a hidden agenda. I don't think there's anything left to discuss here.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:45 PM   #14
The Fly

Quote:

Well I'll be damned if Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell are considered the spokespersons for the entire Christian Right!

They represent a few radical fundamentalist people who I have less in common with than my peers of entirely different religions altogether.

But of course, only the most rediculous comments get media attention. I find it pretty stupid that you're twisting what the media chooses to talk about into what the Christian Right as a whole is really all about. I don't think I'm the one that has research to do...
So, Jesus had nothing to say about abortion then ? A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

Thanks for the post refuting what I said about the Christian right, happy to see you provided so many facts to the contrary.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:47 PM   #15
The Fly

Quote:

You're question was answered already.

Obviously this thread has a hidden agenda. I don't think there's anything left to discuss here.
OK, so Jesus had nothing to say about abortion ? Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.