Jesus walked on Ice? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:06 AM
Jesus walked on Ice?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/200604...escientistsays

According to the bible wasn't the weather stormy and the sea ruff? So if Jesus walked on Ice he would have had to planned it out. Otherwise it would be to difficult for someone to walk on patches of ice with the sea being uneasy.

http://bibleresources.bible.com/pass...+14&version=49

Old 04-04-2006, 07:41 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:06 AM
no, the scientist was there.

most people who believe 7esus existed, also believe the miracles he performed as well. while walking on water might not constitute as a "miracle" per se (though by the same token, tell me anyone else who allegedly has?), people who believe christ did won't change their mind about this scientists "findings".

couldn't this scientist have used their funding to research something... something that would actually make a difference?

Old 04-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:06 PM
Just another attempt to find some "earthly" explanation for something done by God. I've seen similar hypotheses for the parting of the Red Sea or the provision of manna.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:36 AM
Re: Jesus walked on Ice?

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/200604...escientistsays

According to the bible wasn't the weather stormy and the sea ruff? So if Jesus walked on Ice he would have had to planned it out. Otherwise it would be to difficult for someone to walk on patches of ice with the sea being uneasy.

http://bibleresources.bible.com/pass...+14&version=49

Maybe Jesus was a Newfoundlander?
Old 04-04-2006, 10:36 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:06 AM
maybe it never happened?
Old 04-04-2006, 11:51 PM   #6
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:06 PM
if ebay'd been around back then, morons would've sold jesus like pieces of toast and idiots would've bought them...and we'd all snigger.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:39 AM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 05:36 PM
If ANYBODY saw Jesus defy ANy law of physics, do you really think they'd be yelling 'Crucify him!!!' at his trial?
Put urself in the shoes of sombody back then. You live your whole life, nothing out of the ordinary, suddenly this man comes along walking on water, making fish out of air, curing diseases, getting the impossible stains out of peoples shirts, and turning water into wine. What would you think, wouldn't you throw urself down infront of him, worship him, and make sure nothing harms him? Look how many people would have witnessed him over the years, there'd be thousands and thousands! Despite all this, they crucified him, the only person who could ever really claim to God. Hmmm, makes me think, did he really do all these things? If I witnessed Jesus do these magic tricks, I wouldn't be yelling 'Crucify Him!' that's a certainty.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #8
Refugee

Local Time: 05:36 PM
Oh and what's the deal with that turning water to wine trick aswell. Sound's just like a party trick which most unlike Jesus. he goes to a friends wedding, theres no wine, so he turns the barrels of water into wine. It was purely to show off, they didn't have to have wine! Drink water!
And yet he'd refuse to reveal his divinity at the trial. 'Nah mate, nothing to prove, I aint no show pony.' It seems Jesus has double standards now. Pfft! Bullshit! End rant
Old 04-05-2006, 10:54 AM   #9
War Child

Local Time: 08:06 AM
well, i do not believe in these miracles. tales passed down form generation to generation tend to get quite distorted (put in some random translations and there ya go)

however, I also find the theory a bit far fetched. rrright, druing those exceptional 2 days he was there and had the urge to freeze his feet off?
Old 04-05-2006, 11:30 AM   #10
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 04-05-2006, 11:33 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:06 AM
Personally, I think Jesus walked on water. And even if He didn't, there are plenty of other miracles attributed to Him. I believe He was God and no scientist is going to change my mind on that.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:19 PM   #12
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by AussieU2fanman
If ANYBODY saw Jesus defy ANy law of physics, do you really think they'd be yelling 'Crucify him!!!' at his trial?
Put urself in the shoes of sombody back then. You live your whole life, nothing out of the ordinary, suddenly this man comes along walking on water, making fish out of air, curing diseases, getting the impossible stains out of peoples shirts, and turning water into wine. What would you think, wouldn't you throw urself down infront of him, worship him, and make sure nothing harms him? Look how many people would have witnessed him over the years, there'd be thousands and thousands! Despite all this, they crucified him, the only person who could ever really claim to God. Hmmm, makes me think, did he really do all these things? If I witnessed Jesus do these magic tricks, I wouldn't be yelling 'Crucify Him!' that's a certainty.
Only the disciples in the boat saw Jesus walk on water and none of them were calling for his crucifixion.

The fact that the same people who witnessed Jesus' miracles were the same ones yelling, "crucify him" only illustrates that it doesn't really matter what people see or hear. People will explain away any evidence of Christ's deity because it threatens them.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:38 PM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MaxFisher
People will explain away any evidence of Christ's deity because it threatens them.

is the opposite likewise true?
Old 04-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #14
Refugee

To steal some other writer's material:
Peter watched with amazement as his friend, teacher, and mentor walked to their boat - on the water.
He shouted to his friend, "Jesus, it's a miracle."
"What?"
"You're walking on water!"
"Oh, yeah, well I just ate, and mother always did say to wait thirty minutes before swimming."
Old 04-05-2006, 12:47 PM   #15
War Child

A priest told me a while back that the stories in the Old Testament were just "stories" to explain certain things. For instance, Moses may have existed, but that a lot of the exagerated stories were just that. Also, Jonah and the whale, Adam and Eve, Noah's Ark, The tower of Babel - which tells the story of how languages were created. All this he told me, and it changed my view on Religion and especially the old testament - almost comparing it to Greek mythology.

However, I do believe that the New Testament offers more historical facts and whether or not you believe them or not is up to you.

It's obvious that Jesus existed - whether he walked on water, I believe he did, and I'm not even a practicing catholic anymore...

I don't really know the point of my post, but maybe y'all can make something out of it....Anyhoo....