Jessica Lynch Critical Of US Govt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:
[BI always thought that she was probably raped, but to know for sure :( It's a blessing that she doesn't remember it[/B]

we dont 'know for sure'. no one knows for sure.
yahoo

Well, she says she does not remember it. I would say rape is something you don't want to remember, of course she doesn't remember a large portion of her captivity.

Now it has come out that there were lies/exagerrations by the US govt about her, so if anyone wants to believe that the US govt would lie about medical evidence that she was raped, I suppose that's their right.

Perhaps the Iraqi doctors were unaware that she was, or perhaps even threatened about that. And she could have been raped after that doctor's exam.

Of course no one knows for sure, but for her sake I certainly hope and pray that she wasn't. She told Diane Sawyer that she was terrified of remembering that.

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:

so if anyone wants to believe that the US govt would lie about medical evidence

WHAT! The government lie? Preposterous!

Hopefully the government is lying about this one.

And just to clarify, I believe the original post I made regarding her possible rape was when the initial story about the medical evidence surfaced, before the contrary claims were made.

sorry for my succinct reply previously. please allow me to expand.

though she has criticized the government openly, and good for her, i feel there is reason to question her memory of the events. if medical evidence dictates she was raped, then there is a good chance she was raped and it is probably best she doesn't remember that.

i doubt the memory problems because, in research i did this past summer, i found a correlation between the first appearance of columns questioning the pentagon version of events and the appearance of an AP story stating she had amnesia. the first challenge to the pentagon appeared in a london or d.c. paper (can't remember for sure) in mid april, but was never really picked up by other organizations. consequently the memory story didn't go much further though it did recieve some degree of press. then mitch potter of the toronto star, about 2 weeks later, presented much the same argument, that the pentagon had fabricated the story. the same day the memory story reappeared (this time it wasn't amnesia, it was just memory trouble.

i can dig up the specific references for you if you like, i spent hours trying to find articles to fill the gaps but couldn't. of course its conjecture and not proof of anything, but enough to doubt things...and enough to get me an A+ on the paper;)

Back
Top Bottom