Jesse Ventura questions official 911 story - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2008, 06:41 PM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
Please - lets talk Kennedy Assasination.
I made a mistake...it was you Dreadsox, not Melon, who I was referring to. Let's NOT discuss JFK right now. I think we're forever going to disagree on that.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:00 PM
Do I think that there were some people in high levels of the US government who knew "something big" was going to happen and might well have known it would involve hijacked airplanes and would result in the deaths of hundreds of people? Do I believe these people would then allow that event happen because it would enable then to more easily wage a "War on Terror" without being seriously questioned? Yes, I believe these things are possible.

Do I think the 911 attacks were carefully planned and carried out by some super secret US government group and include the planned, controlled demolition of the WTC? No, I don't. I do think the small group of religious zealots who did carry out the attacks essentially got lucky and did far more damage -- especially to the WTC -- than they ever expected.

Sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
That's utter HOGWASH!!! A building that size does NOT collapse like it did. Watch the footage again and tell me it's not a controlled demolition!!!
And you got your degree in physics from where?

My father is an engineer and has incredible knowledge in the engineering and physics fields, and he doesn't buy into any of this nonsense.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:02 PM   #34
Refugee

[QUOTE=2861U2;5246797]And you got your degree in physics from where?

My father is an engineer and has incredible knowledge in the engineering and

So what. Dr. Steven Jones would disagree with your father. There are experts on both sides of this issue. EXPERTS!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:16 PM   #35
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
That's utter HOGWASH!!! A building that size does NOT collapse like it did. Watch the footage again and tell me it's not a controlled demolition!!!
Hogwash? Really, with your expertise in structural engineering can you explain to me exactly why it's hogwash?
Old 06-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #36
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Hogwash? Really, with your expertise in structural engineering can you explain to me exactly why it's hogwash?
Nope. Can't do it. I'll leave it to people like Dr. Steven Jones.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #37
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
First of all, you need to calm down. It's hard to take you seriously when you're yelling and screaming in response to posts.

Secondly, it's hogwash according to you and a select few experts who are of the minority opinion in their field of experts. Which means that there are countless more experts who disagree with you. So excuse me if I don't take "That's utter HOGWASH!!!" all that seriously.

Thirdly, if you want to actually have a nice debate and get people to take you more seriously, how about posting some of the evidence you're talking about, or at least posting more than a name of a guy you agree with.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:26 PM   #38
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

So what. Dr. Steven Jones would disagree with your father. There are experts on both sides of this issue. EXPERTS!!!
See, I think this is where you lose so much credibility in here. You find one source, so you therefore call everything else "hogwash".

Dr. Jones was a pretty well respected physicist, but there are some issues, one he doen't have an expertise in structural engineering and didn't have anyone who does to back up his theories. In fact he didn't have much peer review at all, he does have supporters but the support for a truly peer reviewed paper just isn't there. Jones has made a few appearances speaking about his theories but mysteriously enough has never engaged in a debate with other physicist and engineers that don't agree with him.

Not enough to blindly believe or call anything "hogwash". But hey a professional wrestler/actor/politician is on his side, so he has that going for him...
Old 06-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #39
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:00 PM
Quote:
Nope. Can't do it. I'll leave it to people like Dr. Steven Jones.
And how exactly does this distinguish your own thinking on the topic from the HOGWASH!!!-swallowing "nuts" and "absolute lunatics" you're railing against? Nonconformity merely for nonconformity's sake, is that it? If you "can't do it" then how are you actually deciding whom to believe?

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 06-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #40
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
See, I think this is where you lose so much credibility in here. You find one source, so you therefore call everything else "hogwash".

Dr. Jones was a pretty well respected physicist, but there are some issues, one he doen't have an expertise in structural engineering and didn't have anyone who does to back up his theories. In fact he didn't have much peer review at all, he does have supporters but the support for a truly peer reviewed paper just isn't there. Jones has made a few appearances speaking about his theories but mysteriously enough has never engaged in a debate with other physicist and engineers that don't agree with him.

Not enough to blindly believe or call anything "hogwash". But hey a professional wrestler/actor/politician is on his side, so he has that going for him...
It's funny that no one has responded to William Rodriguez. If anything, when you watch footage of Mr. Rodriguez you know in your soul he is NOT lying or making anything up. He heard explosions in the sub-basement of WTC 1 and proceeded to rescue possibly hundreds of people. In fact, he was one of the last people to leave the building. If you believe Mr. Rodriguez then you MUST admit something happened that is NOT a part of the official explanation. If you insist that the official explanation is THE TRUTH then you are calling this true hero a LIAR!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #41
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
It's funny that no one has responded to William Rodriguez. If anything, when you watch footage of Mr. Rodriguez you know in your soul he is NOT lying or making anything up. He heard explosions in the sub-basement of WTC 1 and proceeded to rescue possibly hundreds of people. In fact, he was one of the last people to leave the building. If you believe Mr. Rodriguez then you MUST admit something happened that is NOT a part of the official explanation. If you insist that the official explanation is THE TRUTH then you are calling this true hero a LIAR!!!
So that's how you're going to proceed? I show you how your source is questionable and not worthy of the dismissal hogwash attitude you have so you move to another more emotional piece of "evidence". Weak debate, not only that but maybe posting some links every once in awhile would help your already weak argument.

The fact that Rodriguez was brave doesn't automatically make his witness credible. When did Rodriguez hear these "explosions"? What is his expertise? Does he know for sure this wasn't the sound of structure buckling?
Old 06-26-2008, 07:54 PM   #42
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Harry, once again, cool it with the yelling.

I took a look at William Rodriguez's site. He sure does seem to like all the attention.

I also searched the net for his story, and so far, there doesn't seem to be anything in his story that directly contradicts the official explanation. Could you cite some sources, Harry?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #43
Refugee

WILLIAM RODRIGUEZ
Part 1
Old 06-26-2008, 09:42 PM   #44
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:00 AM
Quote:
There are experts on both sides of this issue. EXPERTS!!!

I'm sorry, but that just about sums up your style and manner of posting in FYM: a little hysterical, extra punctuation, and a dash of hair-pulling frustration that no one here seems to respond to your topics in the way you want them to.

It's great you're an active participant here, and want to have discussions and introduce new topics. But if you want people to respond to you differently, you might want to take a look at the way you present your comments and/or arguments.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:44 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Harry, once again, cool it with the yelling.