Jerry Falwell Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
R.I.P.

255290~Geri-Halliwell-Posters.jpg

i was kinda, not enough to make a fuss.

it's a little callous is all, and a bit reverse fred phelps.

dbs

coemgen said:
I don't think irvine meant anything bad about it.

only a little bad. it's hard for me not to dislike Falwell's politics and religious beliefs, but i do not celebrate his death and feel sorry for his family as they deal with a loss.

i do think mixing the two up is kind of funny, though.

INDY500 said:
He loved his country. He loved Jesus. He believed in the sanctity of human life. He gave political voice to others who felt likewise.

Rest in Peace.

Very true.

I can't believe some of the reponses in here, placing him in the same statement as Hitler and Stalin? This place is a little scary.

I have read through all of the above comments. A part of me wants to say one thing and another part of me wants to say something else. I never liked Jerry Falwell's version of Christianity. In fact at one point in the early 80's as a new believer I prayed earnestly that God would spare me from becoming like that. I believe he answered my prayers. I in no way believe I'm a better person than Jerry Falwell but my faith is completely different than his was...that's all.

I rarely speak ill of the dead, but this is one man I feel the world could have done without. The only sympathy I feel here is for his family's loss of a loved one.

Good riddance.

*awaits the flames of wrath*

Last edited:
I ought not to reveal my true feelings about this man. Suffice it to say that I have very little respect for intolerance and ultra-conservatism, both I which I feel he embodied.

i think he will come to embody the politicization of religion. not the religious in politics, but voting as a form of religious duty.

and for that, we are all the worse.

A_Wanderer said:
It's a bloody good thing that God doesn't exist, he could be having an eternity of joy about now.

Why must the existence of God automatically gain Falwell entrance into heaven?

Smallville said:

How many did he kill to be placed there with those monsters?
Well, howmany would he kill when he had real power ? I just heard the speech about that everone shpuld have a closed mind instead of a open mind. A nation full of closed minds usely is not a good sign,...

I thank god that he never had real power,...

Twisting the beliefs of Christianity into a weapon of pure hate. What a great man. How he convinced so many I'll never understand, because you'd have to assume that a large % of them (a) owned Bibles, and (b) could read.

diamond said:
How about-

Romans 12:14.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.

Just a thought.

This is all I'll say too. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom