Jeeeeeezus @#%! you guys--the DC sniper now has his own movie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
Yep. Just saw the commercial for it. It's on the USA network.

Just thought I'd drop in before dinner to see if anyone else shares my complete disgust at this.

Cheryl

I'm really surprised it took so long :tsk: But I thought they'd wait until Moose's book came out and was made into a HOLLYWOOD style movie with Denzel Washington as Chief Moose.

Being from VA and having kin very close to many of the attack areas, of course I am sensitive about this. But as much as I hate to admit it, it is a very interesting and exciting story that would make a suspenseful movie more moving than a fictional one could ever be. Truth is stranger than fiction. But since it is true, it is awful because of the way the victims would have to be a part of the story:( Will actors play them as they fall dead? *shudders* It might also cause copycat crimes, and another negative, hopefully the snipers will get no money from this! :down:

Well, the trials now move to my general vicinity, and it will be all over my local news as well as the national news. My friends and I are already speculating where the CNN types will be hanging out or staying during this, not that I really care. But the world's attention will be here, traffic, mess and all :huh:

Basstrap said:
but everything is made into a movie in america

That's not necessarily a bad thing is it? I love movies that try and get right into the minds and lives of criminals - I find it intriguing!! I'd definately see this if it comes out here in Australia. Just hope it is done tastefully I guess:yes:

1. Denzel :tongue: :drool: :wink:

2. I hear ya. It was so strange being overseas at the time of the killings that were happening at gas stations and groceries I'd been to! I felt so helpless over there! Not that I could have done much back home but still. I'll never forget talking to my mother and sister on the phone and my sister telling me that she and Mom were arguing about which of them was going to go get some milk. Neither one wanted the other one to go out. :| :sad:

Anyway, in sum, marketing violence SUCKS!

That is all, thank you. :)

SD

Basstrap said:
but everything is made into a movie in america

No kidding. They had that D.C. 9/11 movie on HBO a while back.

They really don't wait for the dust of these kinds of things to completely settle before they jump to make movies about the events, do they?

I did hear about this, yes. Like someone else said, I hope it's done tastefully. I really hate it when people make movies about tragedies like this for the most part, because it seems like they're trying to capitalize on the event. Unless, of course, it's done tastefully and that impression is not given at all (like with "Schindler's List", for example).

Angela

I'd been to many of those places too, it was chilling. My neices and nephews missed several days of school when they left the note "your children are not safe anytime" and when they went back they were taught to run zigzag to be a moving target and could not go outside. It was such a relief when the snipers were caught. It was terrifying anyone could do such things.

Yeah, that 9-11 movie was one of the first things I thought of when I heard this.

Last edited:
I lived in Montgomery County, Maryland and worked in Washington, DC during the shootings. Walking to and from the Metro everyday was NOT fun.

I'd be interested in seeing it. I wonder if they'll air it here.

Unfortunately violence sells, always has. True stories are even more intriguing to the public than made up ones. A lot of movies have been made about a lot of real people getting killed. It's a sad fact of life. I hope this one isn't cheaply done or tasteless.

U2Kitten said:
My neices and nephews missed several days of school when they left the note "your children are not safe anytime" and when they went back they were taught to run zigzag to be a moving target and could not go outside.

*Shudders* Geez...:tsk:.

No child should ever have to worry about that.

I'm glad that nothing happened to your nieces and nephews. :hug:.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

*Shudders* Geez...:tsk:.

No child should ever have to worry about that.

I'm glad that nothing happened to your nieces and nephews. :hug:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom