JEB BUSH for...........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No. No. No. Nononononononononononononononnonononono.

We've had 2 Bush's and that is plenty. I thought Republicans were going to push Colin Powell for presidency. And if you're so pro-Jeb, why in 2008? Remember, GW is out of office - erm up for re-election in 2004.

I'd rather see John Thune in the presidential office then Jeb.

probably because the Republican candidate is set for 2004, but since you brought it up, who will be secure the nomination for the Democrats in 2004?

I live in Florida.. and just moved out of Tallahassee where Jeb resides and works most of the time. Most of that town is employed by the government and he has moved things around so much that thousands of Govt. workers loose their jobs yearly. It's hard to support him when I see so much sadness in his wake. You should see the marches and demonstrations that spring up against him. It's quite something.

I used to be friendly with his wife, Columba. This was around the time of her non-declared jewelry scandal and the past election fiasco. She has no nice words for GWB (not the point here.. just a mere blip of a comment) and was quite the gossip.

I'm not interested in a flame war here... I was just providing some thought from a Floridian who has lived through the Bush maelstrom.

I'm sure I will get blasted for making these comments, but I like Jeb Bush and I am glad for some of the actions he has taken. It is often said that only Democrats care about the environment, but late former Governor Lawton Chiles and former President Clinton nearly jeopardized the entire Eastern Gulf of Mexico by opening it up to oil and gas exploration. Fortunately, Governor Jeb Bush and the entire bi-partisan U.S. House and Senate delegation from Florida delayed new exploration allowances. Then in 2001 when GWB hinted that it should be explored again, Jeb and the Senators and members of Congress were proactive once again and, although not successful in preventing all drilling and exploration in the Eastern Gulf region, they were able to limit it to a minimum of 200 miles off-shore. Governor Bush also blocked unnecessary dredging operations in the Appalachicola River and Bay basin, operations which could have destroyed one of the largest oyster habitats in the U.S. I admit that I am not a member of "Earth Liberation Front" or anything like that, but Florida's Gulf Coast is the ecological jewel of the U.S. in my opinion, and I don't want anyone, Republican or Democrat, to screw it up, and when someone takes action to preserve it, they will earn my respect.

I don't have much of a problem with Bill McBride, but Janet Reno scares the hell out of me for plenty of other reasons.

~U2Alabama

One was more than enough for me. Two are more than I can take and three would send me over the edge.

So thanks, but no thanks.

Lilly said:
No. No. No. Nononononononononononononononnonononono.

We've had 2 Bush's and that is plenty. I thought Republicans were going to push Colin Powell for presidency. And if you're so pro-Jeb, why in 2008? Remember, GW is out of office - erm up for re-election in 2004.

Lilly, President Bush is headed for re-election in 2004. Why would his brother run against him? GW...based on last night, is well well on his way to re-election. The reason I say Jeb in 2008 is that Jeb was always the one the family thought would run and win the Presidency. HE is the "SMAAAAT" one....... Sorry about the Boston accent.

Peace to all.

nbcrusader said:
Jeb and JC in 2008 - now that's the ticket!

Actually, flip that ticket .....

JC for President
Jeb for VP

Republicans Elect the First African American President!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhooooooooooo

Screaming Flower said:
i would like to see lieberman.
Completely unelectable for Prez for a number of reasons...in fact I think his presence on the 2000 ticket may have hurt Big Al.
The Democrats will need someone more moderate to stand any chance of ousting Dubya (a lot can happen in 2 yrs, but he is quite popular now), and methinks the man who may be nominated is John Kerry.
If the Republicans were on the outside, Giuliani would be the perfect candidate in '04 to wrest the office from the Dems, but as thats not the case, I think by '08 Rudy will not be as hot a commodity, and likely not interested in the position.

Dreadsox said:
President in 2008

Peace to all......

Good work FL.

he can't be president till he can conduct elections in his state properly.

honestly..the fact that he tried to fix it..and still had problems makes him look like an idiot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom