Jaysus Fucking Christ........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pub crawler

New Yorker
...FYM is a fucking pissing contest... and nothing else.

I wonder how we would all get along if we gathered in a pub.

No matter how much you hate my ass, I'd probably buy you a beer and toast you;

But that's just because I'm a Guiness-loving bitch.

Yes, I am a bitch.

Oh I know, but this is passion, it's empathy, it's interest, it's what keeps us alive and kicking.

And yes I am a bitch, too!

And beer is great for pissing contests!

Sadly it's not good for much else.... Never could stand the taste of beer. I can stand just about any other beverage, but beer...ugghh!!

yeah it really is a pissing contest.
I feel like its all a big lie...our american dream of coming together and working together but its like everyone just has thier own agenda...a fake smile ..no hand out for the guy whose suffering on the street
its a popularity contest , all a red carpet jaunt...

ok im done- looking at the local election around my town and reading about it is weird too

I used to drink alot..but now i dont so i think ill just have ....a..BUD..thanks

We are all regulars here - interesting, now that the crazyness of the election season is over I feel a lot better - and the venting of emotion has been a bitch, it feels like a screaming match because all the emotions lurking under the surface of some have just been let off e.g. "I am not anti-American but most Americans are the dumbest and most evil people ever" screeds.

I feel great that the entire thing is over, anything else for whatever reason is just icing on the cake. It will be a while until things settle down fully but right now it feels great.

I think that we could get on well, typing is so impersonal for getting an argument across, I can speak really well but when you attempt to bring it across it looses its impace, for instance use of sarcasm is very difficult online, but I digress.

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Yeah it's getting pretty thick in here. I'm actually thinking about leaving for awhile, and see if it comes back to being a place of debate rather than your "guy's a homophobic redneck" or "your guy's godless, elitist, shmuck."

It's getting to the point where you can't truly discuss or debate, the other person just keeps throwing the same regurgitated crap.

Anyways end of rant...

Guiness:drool:

Vodka:drool:

I'll meet you at the pub.

Brandy and Cigars for all FYM'ers, this is the FYM answer to Lemonde Stands octagon. More of a club, open fireplace, furniture, a respectable establishment for discourse and diatribes.

Last edited:
Leaving is like going to Canada BVS

Let's talk about puppies!

New puppy to pad around White House

Friday, November 5, 2004

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A new presidential pooch will soon be roaming the halls of the White House.

President Bush marked Laura Bush's birthday Thursday by announcing he would give her a Scottish terrier puppy that is a relative of the current first dog, Barney.

Miss Beazley, as the first lady and twins Barbara and Jenna have already named the pup, was born October 28. She is due to arrive just before Christmas.

The dog was named for the character Uncle Beazley, a dinosaur in Oliver Butterworth's children's book, "The Enormous Egg."

Barney's half brother is Miss Beazley's father, said White House spokesman Scott McClellan.

Mrs. Bush turned 58 on Thursday.

The Bushes lost a longtime pet earlier this year. Spot, an English springer spaniel who regularly ambled around the West Wing with Barney, died in February at age 15.

Last edited:
The new puppy is the third one from the top

capt.nr10111050009.presidential_pooch_nr101.jpg

Media is a business. After almost a year of heavy election coverage, a little public interest story is a nice bright spot for many.

sharky said:
I can't believe the media is covering this. what about foreign policy? ugh. I need lots of beer.

Actually, the puppy story is about the only thing I can stomach right now. :huh:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Yeah it's getting pretty thick in here. I'm actually thinking about leaving for awhile, and see if it comes back to being a place of debate rather than your "guy's a homophobic redneck" or "your guy's godless, elitist, shmuck."

Me too. I don't recognize this place anymore. Nothing against the many wonderful newbies who are participating, but for every one of them there seem to be 10 new people who don't get the spirit of FYM. I haven't used my Ignore button since the infamous....well, never mind, I won't name names, but now I am using it constantly. So maybe I should just disappear for awhile instead.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

It's getting to the point where you can't truly discuss or debate, the other person just keeps throwing the same regurgitated crap.

Anyways end of rant...

Guiness:drool:

Vodka:drool:

I'll meet you at the pub.

:up:

Well seeing the threads that were closed here, how pathetic is it that we can't even have a sympathetic thread about a woman who has just been diagnosed with CANCER for God's sake. I understand completely why it was closed, but why can't some people understand the appropriate time to keep their opinions, thoughts, and words to themselves?

I won't even comment on anything else

Sad, just sad..

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

This forum in the last few days is a sad social statement, honestly.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Well seeing the threads that were closed here, how pathetic is it that we can't even have a sympathetic thread about a woman who has just been diagnosed with CANCER for God's sake. I understand completely why it was closed, but why can't some people understand the appropriate time to keep their opinions, thoughts, and words to themselves?

I won't even comment on anything else

Sad, just sad..

But this thread is still cool! :shifty: Just don't tell anyone!

anitram said:
This forum in the last few days is a sad social statement, honestly.

I would say it's just a lot of anger from some of us who are very very very disappointed with the path our country has now been put on. We're all a bit heated -- I admit, I am as well still. Give it a week or so to calm down.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Let's post some more puppy pics!

I hate puppies.

Oh sorry, still bitter about the Kerry thing. Will go get a breath of fresh air or beer or something.

I like puppies.

Especially when braised in a red wine sauce.

Look! Gollum brings nice, delicious puppies for masssssssster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom