Jackson Verdict Reached

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:
Nobody knows for sure if he did all the things they accused him of. Granted, there's no smoke without fire. But even though I never had an opinion on this and never took sides, I'm happy for him now. At least put him out of all this misery, geez!... 12 long years! If you don't want to take a chance, just don't send your kids to Jackson's house. It's as simple as that. :shrug:

I totally agree.

I always care if a child has been molested-if a child was molested in this case, of course I don't know for sure.

This verdict is no surprise-I agree that the credibility of the witnesses, especially the mother, destroyed any chance of a guilty verdict.

Michael Jackson is in dire need of help, but he won't get it-he'll continue living the life he lived before, maybe even continuing to sleep in the same room w/ children.

I wonder what took so long for all those not-guilties..maybe there were hold outs that gave in?

on behalf of mankind, get a hobby..

capt.catjs10606131953.michael_jackson_catjs106.jpg

The best part is that we'll all get to witness Nancy Grace take her own life on primetime TV tonight.

anitram said:
The best part is that we'll all get to witness Nancy Grace take her own life on primetime TV tonight.

Ooh! Someone tape it!!!

Melon

anitram said:

please let it be so please let it be so please let it be so please let it be so

***starts praying for the first time in years***

anitram said:

Oh man, the top of her skull is going to fly off and her eyeballs are going to pop right out of her head. She just may implode on live TV! :yikes: :laugh:

Bono's American Wife said:
Those people outside the courthouse seriously frighten me. :|

The people inside frighten me more.

Anyone see those poor doves being launched while the verdict was announced? That must have been so much fun for them, in front of thousands of screeching people.

Oh well, I like Nancy..I guess that makes me a horrible person :shrug:

I'd rather watch and listen to her than someone like Geragos and all his ilk any day of the week

burns said:
on the bbc, they've got neil mccormick (the guy who wrote i was bonos dopleganger)commentating???
how random....

Hmm. Yes.

there are gonna be alot of sad micheal jackson fans tonight...

Hmm. No.

elevation2u said:

hes guilty dammit:angry:
Wow! You know that for a fact? You were there?? Come on.

Maggie1 said:
:applaud: :up: Never thought he was guilty.

Same here.... but of course none of us have a clue (just for the sake of stating the obvious, in a sanctimous but nonetheless accurate summary).

I just hope that we're RIGHT and the correct decision has been reached.

MrsSpringsteen said:

I'd rather watch and listen to her than someone like Geragos and all his ilk any day of the week

I don't know much about either of them. Tell all please!

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:

Why would anyone think you're a horrible person because you like Nancy Grace? She's not my cup of tea but I would never think less of anyone who likes her :shrug:

Geragos =scum sucking lawyer to the lovely and talented Scott Peterson. Set up a boat near his office during that trial w/ dummies of Laci and Connor, w/ weights attached to them - sensitive and decent guy. Former lawyer for MJ, lawyer for Winona Ryder

Nancy used to be a prosecutor..then went to Court TV, now CNN. Her fiance was murdered when they were in college, so I guess that's where she gets some of her empathy for victims. I believe she never lost a case as a prosecutor, I could be wrong about that.

Maybe I think that's the way things go in FYM BAW, I didn't mean you

And I agree, Nancy goes over the top sometimes- but it's not like none of those other commentators ever do. I don't agree w/ every thing she says either, but I think in general a woman like her takes undeserved flack. She stands up for what she believes in and I admire that. I admire most her remembering victims when the entire legal system forgets them, belittles them, degrades them, blames them, etc etc.

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:

I guess I shouldn't have made a joke in FYM. How idiotic of me. :|

Bono's American Wife said:
Why would anyone think you're a horrible person because you like Nancy Grace? She's not my cup of tea but I would never think less of anyone who likes her :shrug:

Now lookit, BAW. You are not only being sensible, you are also displaying evidence of rationality, logic, understanding, and fairness.

THIS WILL NOT DO! TO THE DUNGEON WITH YOU SIR!
smiley85.gif

(Yes, yes, I know you're not a sir, but never mind.)

anitram [/i][B]I guess I shouldn't have made a joke in FYM. How idiotic of me. :| [/B][/QUOTE] You are hereby sentenced to 5 minutes in the microwave. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/sallycinnamon78/smiley84.gif[/IMG] [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen said:
Geragos =scum sucking lawyer to the lovely and talented Scott Peterson. Set up a boat near his office during that trial w/ dummies of Laci and Connor, w/ weights attached to them - sensitive and decent guy. Former lawyer for MJ, lawyer for Winona Ryder

Nancy used to be a prosecutor..then went to Court TV, now CNN. Her fiance was murdered when they were in college, so I guess that's where she gets some of her empathy for victims. I believe she never lost a case as a prosecutor, I could be wrong about that.

Thankyou for the details :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Se7en glad it's over. perhaps we can get some real news on the networks now.

Oh NO - this will be news until they have another runaway bride or some stupid crap to focus all those cameras and microphones on. 24 hours 365 days is a lot of time to fill and it's easier to repeat this over and over again instead of doing some real investigative journalism.

Hhmm . . . lets talk to MJ's housekeeper's former neighbor about how he feels about this verdict.

"Tonight on Larry King a whole hour with a fan who was outside the courtroom for the whole trial." "Caller you're next!"

Last edited:
anitram said:

I guess I shouldn't have made a joke in FYM. How idiotic of me. :|

Sorry, no need to be offended or get all riled up over it. It was a general statement, like I said that's the way it feels sometimes in FYM..you are judged on the minutest little detail or statement that you make. Or someone interprets intentions in some silly thread you make that aren't even there.

I'm going to try to stay away from this forum again. It's really no fun anymore and it's just too stressful

Last edited:
Dalton said:
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone - rich, white men get away with everything :shifty:

I know I shouldn't... but :lol:

nbcrusader said:
Quite a surprise on the lessor included charges of providing intoxicating substances to a minor. Once the credibility of the victims mother was tarnished, the facts went out the window.

"facts"? :eyebrow: Hmmmm.

MrsSpringsteen said:

Sorry, no need to be offended or get all riled up over it. It was a general statement, like I said that's the way it feels sometimes in FYM..you are judged on the minutest little detail or statement that you make.

I'm going to try to stay away from this forum again. It's really no fun anymore and it's just too stressful

Noooooo Mrs S, please don't go... I haven't put you in the microwave yet. :( If you don't want the mic, I can offer you alternatives...
hanged.gif
Or you can pick your own! :wink:

Last edited:
Has anyone who's actually pissed off about this, stopped to consider that maybe he was innocent of child molestation after all? I'm not talking about the lesser charges.
:|

To me, this is great news. The prosecution put forth a TERRIBLE case, vindictive in nature, and the Judge seemed to push a conviction in every possible way. Has anyone read the 98 page directions to the jury? Lets not forget trial by media, as well.

Then, Messerau and the defense did a fantastic job and exposed so many flaws and holes in the prosecution's story. I especially liked the "clock-tower" incident.

I have renewed hope and faith in our Justice System.

again..the verdict was ..not that he was innocent; but only not gulity.

they couldn't prove it.

al capone was never convicted of murder, but you wanna tell me he never killed a man?

same analogy.
it's an ugly victory for our justice system.

and i promised u the child molestors are rejoicing thru out the world.
that's all.

peace,
db9

Jesse Jackson says Michael Jackson should learn from legal troubles

2 hours, 49 minutes ago

Civil rights leader Jesse Jackson said Michael Jackson must learn from the legal troubles that could have sent him to prison for more than 18 years.

Jesse Jackson, a minister and former US presidential candidate, said the pop star called him in the morning before his acquittal on child sex abuse charges and that the two prayed together.

"This has been an excruciating process," said Jesse Jackson, who visited the singer at his Neverland Ranch last week.

"The jury has spoken," Jesse Jackson said. "I hope that many lessons will be learned from this."

"The healing process must begin and ... Michael must assess the impact of the very impropriety of these problems that got him in this trouble. We hope that all those involved now will learn lessons."

The jury found Jackson not guilty of 10 charges of molestation, conspiracy and plying a minor with alcohol which could have sent Jackson to jail for more than 18 years.

MrsSpringsteen said:

So before this case... why did people dislike her?!! It seems pretty harsh to put it mildly.:huh: That said, I shall go look up some info before I comment any more on it. Just asking.

I'd suggest that Michael Jacksons next step should be a quick move to Switzerland or somewhere, never to be seen or heard from again...

You know, even after the verdict has been announced, I still honestly don't know if the guy was truly innocent or not.

As someone already said in the thread one is inclined to wonder if more allegations arise, and when/if the next court case is going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom