I've just heard...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patti Jones

The Fly
By mistake (Allah protect us from your mistakes) the Red Cross in Kabul has just been bombed...

I better remain silent...

Love and peace on earth!

------------------
Patti
-Pride Girl-

Originally posted by Patti Jones:
By mistake (Allah protect us from your mistakes) the Red Cross in Kabul has just been bombed...
Love and peace on earth!
Good grief! No one was killed in this incident. It was an accident. Show me one war in which accidents don't occur, and I'll eat my hat. Patti, you live in a dream world; where no one fights, and no one has to go to war. I have of coursed noticed that you haven't come up with a viable alternative to war.

Originally posted by Patti Jones:

Love and peace on earth!

I wish we all, could learn to sing, in perfect harmony! I like to buy, the World a Coke, and keep it company!

biggrin.gif
Lets just all buy lighters, click are heals together three times, and it will all go away!

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif
GOD BLESS AMERICA
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by whammy (edited 10-16-2001).]

Noone died U2s80s, but a 40% of their supplies are lost...someone will need it, and could die ?cos that is not going to be there...

------------------
Patti
-Pride Girl-

Good grief! No one was killed in this incident. It was an accident. Show me one war in which accidents don't occur, and I'll eat my hat. Patti, you live in a dream world; where no one fights, and no one has to go to war. I have of coursed noticed that you haven't come up with a viable alternative to war. [/B][/QUOTE]

"Good grief, no one was killed.. it was an accident". Yes, 40% of their medical stock is gone and good grief, no one was killed in the bombinb. Shall I remind you that winter is comming and that thousands of hundreds of civilians will probably die. There's no excuse for that, even not the usual "well, the Talibans would do nothing anyways".

"Patti, you live in a dreamworld" - Yes she does, and I do as well, I know. We're both against war, so that makes us dreamers or rebels, depends on wich side your on. But I rather live in my dreams than in the world this planet offers. Dreamers change the world, not conservative war-approvers. Oh, war changes the world only for a little while.

"No alternative to war". - Never heard of diplomacy ? Or the United Nations ? Or changing your political foreing policy ? Or the UNICEF ? Or Amnesty ? "But these are terrorists who do not care of those organisations and who are religious fanatics". - Yes... so what ? Bring it to a non-corrupted and non-controlled-by-the-USA-and-money United Nations... yes, it means major changes, while war is the most easy way.

I'll say a little clich? here : "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one".

------------------
?Je suis le dernier homme. Contre tous, je me d?fendrai... je ne capitulerai pas.?
"I am the last man. Against all, I will defend myself. I shall not capitulate".
" Soy el hombre pasado. Contra todos me defender?. No capitular?. "
"Ich bin der letzte Mann. Gegen alle verteidige mich ich. Ich kapituliere nicht. "
"Sono l' ultimo uomo. Contro tutti mi difender?. Non capitulate."

- Eug?ne Ionesco, "Rhinoc?ros"

Originally posted by Rono:
The weapon sellers and there producers.

And the Media.
And the drug companies.

------------------

Got to walk out of here, I can't take anymore
Gonna stand on that bridge, keep my eyes down below
Whatever may come and whatever may go
that river's flowing

"Don't Give Up", Peter Gabriel

sick of hearing again and again, that there's not gonna be, peace on earth.
BONO tribute to heroes

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Originally posted by Sledgehammer:
And the Media.
And the drug companies.

Uh, yeah, so this is where Noam Chomsky comes in and says that drug companies lobbied the US to start bombing Afghanistan in order to provoke bioterrorist attacks and thus provide a market for all those antibiotics and vaccines.

Originally posted by Rono:
WOW, i did not know that.

Noam Chomsky said no such thing. I was just making a flippant remark in response to the equally flippant remark that "the media and the drug companies are the winners in this war."

We could debate the merits of Chomsky's work, but that's a topic for another thread...

Originally posted by speedracer:
Noam Chomsky said no such thing. I was just making a flippant remark in response to the equally flippant remark that "the media and the drug companies are the winners in this war."

We could debate the merits of Chomsky's work, but that's a topic for another thread...

biggrin.gif
but do you know a website where i can read more about this topic ( chomsky`s words ) ?

[This message has been edited by Rono (edited 10-21-2001).]

Originally posted by speedracer:
Uh, yeah, so this is where Noam Chomsky comes in and says that drug companies lobbied the US to start bombing Afghanistan in order to provoke bioterrorist attacks and thus provide a market for all those antibiotics and vaccines.

WOW, i did not know that.

How dear anyone insults another person cuz they are anti- war. I'm sorry, but i don't live in a dream world, but I have watched and seen these terrible acts of war..... Very sinful.... These sins of war can be avoided.... I don't have the answers cuz i don't have total knowledge of all the crap that is going on... But i can say this, killig any innocent person is a crime, whether it is in a war or whatever, its a crime...... So, 80's guy, whatever ur name is, try not to get burned up at people who are against killing innocent lives....
HAVE U EVER SEEN AN INNOCENT CHILd, KILLED BY A BUNCH OF SOLDIERS......? It made me cry to see a scene of that, and to think their are 1000s of others....... When a war begins, it never ends.

Originally posted by Amna:
How dear anyone insults another person cuz they are anti- war. I'm sorry, but i don't live in a dream world, but I have watched and seen these terrible acts of war..... Very sinful.... These sins of war can be avoided.... I don't have the answers cuz i don't have total knowledge of all the crap that is going on... But i can say this, killig any innocent person is a crime, whether it is in a war or whatever, its a crime...... So, 80's guy, whatever ur name is, try not to get burned up at people who are against killing innocent lives....
HAVE U EVER SEEN AN INNOCENT CHILd, KILLED BY A BUNCH OF SOLDIERS......? It made me cry to see a scene of that, and to think their are 1000s of others....... When a war begins, it never ends.

I can't speak for 80'sU2isBest, but I think he's not entirely burned by antiwar sentiment - but I think he sees this thread may evolve (like other threads) into a US bashing session. It all starts when the US' motives are scrutinized (not a bad thing, it brings some sort of balance as well as a global viewpoint) and when someone speaks up for or against it, it turns into another US bashing thread and eventually, things come to personal blows. I've seen it all too much in recent weeks...

[/b][/QUOTE]
Thank you very much. That's exactly what I'm thinking. I appreciate your defense of me. For people to think I am a war-monger is wrong wrong wrong. Unjustified war is wrong. But this war is right. And also, I am sick of people bashing America. I'm not talking about people who just disagree with America policy, but people like Holy John, Patti Jones, and BLOCK, who bad mouth America every chance they get.[/B][/QUOTE]

Hear Hear! Well spoken and completely precise.

Ant.

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
I didn't insult anyone. I said that Patti lives in a dream world. And that was being kind. Ever since Patti started posting, it's been one anti-Ameerican post after another. And I find it funny that you jumped on me for saying someone lives in a dream world, when you replied to the post in which BLOCK said to us all F*** YOU EVERYONE that he had some good points and never mentioned that! You wanna talk about innocent lives? How about 6000 of them at one time??!! And these 6000 weren't killed accidentally. They were the targets. So you can talk to me all you want about how war is never justified, but it's not true. War in this case, as it was in World War 2, is COMPLETELY justified, In fact, it's the only viable solution. These radicals (the terrorists) cannot be reasoned with. They show that by their willingness to kill themselves in order to kill thousands more. But we tried to reason with the Taliban, but they wouldn't accept it. Now we are doing the only thing left to do. Do you expect us to be held captive by killer radicals (the terrorists)? Do you think that arresting and killing bin Laden alone will stop anything?
No, it will not. It will just make them madder. It is therefore incumbent upon us to annihilate every terrorist group.

CK agrees.

CK

I'm sorry if i jumped on u... But, let me verify something... I do realize that 6000 were killed that day. I am famliar with some community people who were on those flights, and my uncle and aunt were supposed to be working in the WTC that day... It angers me that a bunch of pissers could actually do this..... The anger i have issss soooooooo overwhelming. But, i don't think war can ever be totally justified. I just think that if the US is responsible for the death of any innocent person(in Afghan), it is crime. Fine, lets restate this whole war thing and say it is a war towards terrorism.... But if so, no innocent lives should be taken.

I didn't insult anyone. I said that Patti lives in a dream world. And that was being kind. Ever since Patti started posting, it's been one anti-Ameerican post after another. And I find it funny that you jumped on me for saying someone lives in a dream world, when you replied to the post in which BLOCK said to us all F*** YOU EVERYONE that he had some good points and never mentioned that! You wanna talk about innocent lives? How about 6000 of them at one time??!! And these 6000 weren't killed accidentally. They were the targets. So you can talk to me all you want about how war is never justified, but it's not true. War in this case, as it was in World War 2, is COMPLETELY justified, In fact, it's the only viable solution. These radicals (the terrorists) cannot be reasoned with. They show that by their willingness to kill themselves in order to kill thousands more. But we tried to reason with the Taliban, but they wouldn't accept it. Now we are doing the only thing left to do. Do you expect us to be held captive by killer radicals (the terrorists)? Do you think that arresting and killing bin Laden alone will stop anything?
No, it will not. It will just make them madder. It is therefore incumbent upon us to annihilate every terrorist group.

[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 10-22-2001).]

Originally posted by adam's_mistress:
I can't speak for 80'sU2isBest, but I think he's not entirely burned by antiwar sentiment - but I think he sees this thread may evolve (like other threads) into a US bashing session. It all starts when the US' motives are scrutinized (not a bad thing, it brings some sort of balance as well as a global viewpoint) and when someone speaks up for or against it, it turns into another US bashing thread and eventually, things come to personal blows. I've seen it all too much in recent weeks...
Thank you very much. That's exactly what I'm thinking. I appreciate your defense of me. For people to think I am a war-monger is wrong wrong wrong. Unjustified war is wrong. But this war is right. And also, I am sick of people bashing America. I'm not talking about people who just disagree with America policy, but people like Holy John, Patti Jones, and BLOCK, who bad mouth America every chance they get.

Fine, lets restate this whole war thing and say it is a war towards terrorism.... But if so, no innocent lives should be taken.
I wish that no civilians would be killed, but I'm afraid it's going to happen. Not a war has gone by in which there were no civilians killed. It's horrible, but it's true. And there's really nothing that can be done about it. We try to hit only military installations and airports, but accidents do happen and bombs go off course. But like I said, that's how it is in every war. The Taliban are the ones who cmmitted any crime. They are the ones who refused to hand over an intternational crime suspect, even though they were warned of what would happen. They are the ones who treat their women as "objects", not even second class citizens. They are the ones who will shoot a man if his beard is not long enough. They are the ones who have been starving their own people for years. And they are the ones who opened fire on Afghan refugees trying to go into Pakistan on Friday or Saturday. The Taliban are the criminals.

Spread the word... Taliban is not a Islamic group.... they are a cult of their own.... Soon, they will realize how wrong they were once they see themselves burning next to Hitler....

Spread the word... Taliban is not a Islamic group.... they are a cult of their own.... Soon, they will realize how wrong they were once they see themselves burning next to Hitler....

*Im not supposed to post...Im not supposed to post...but i cant hold it!!!***

First of all, I think this quote sums up every though about this war being a Holy war, doesnt it? In Coran something as "harb" (arabic word for "war" as we know it) does not exist...but that was another post...As Salamu Alai Kum Amna!

Then, I live in a dream world, and Im SO happy I have the guts to keep dreaming day after day while my brothers ('cos every human being is my brother, no matter color or religion) are being killed.

Then, I only tried to show some bad parts, I posted things that other ppl (smarter than me) wrote, im triying to get some point of view out of this and all I got is "You are anti US". It is like when you are 4 and you show a draw to your mum and she says "mmmm, you could have done it better" and you start to cry and shout "you dont love me! buaaaa!" I said Im with you in many topics, yet Im anti US...you are turning me against US...It is SO SAD...

I have to leave...I didnt have anything smart to say in fact (as you saw)...

It is SO sad that everyone can admit being, maybe, mistaken, but you...and then, you wonder why does the world dislikes you and why shit keeps happening...

Love and peace on earth!
Shalom!
(Bama dont ask!)
Patti

------------------
Patti
-Pride Girl-

[This message has been edited by Patti Jones (edited 10-25-2001).]

And I forgot to say that a hospital has been bombed...since the mosque could have been strategically attacked...i need some new ideas for this attac...

Love and Peace on earth!

------------------
Patti
-Pride Girl-

Back
Top Bottom