I've got the Kucinich-itch, and I aims ta scratch it! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2006, 09:56 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
Is Deval Patrick the incredibly eloquent guy with the stunning wife? I can't recall if it was him or Obama I am thinking of. And is Obama the one who lived as his constituents in a flea pit block of flats with no hot water when he was mayor...or something?

Deval's wife Diane is a gorgeous and composed 54 year old though she can't really be called "stunning", however both men are eloquent and have wonderful wives. i'm not sure about Obama but when Deval was growing up he lived ina 2 room apartment on the South Side of Chicago with his mother and sister, sharing 2 beds and rotating every 3rd night on the gorund while his grandparents slept in the other room.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:59 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

The problem with Clark is that he was a General with a long military career. The liberal wing of the Democratic party does not like that. He has a greater uphill battle in winning the nomination than in the Democratic party than McCain has in the Republican party. His name recognition is also lower than even Obama at the moment I think. But, if he were to win the nomination, he would have the best chance against McCain.
OK so you WERE pulling him out of your ass. Unsurprising given the Iraq thread.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:04 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

Ah, good then. I liked both of them from what I've seen.

Was/is Deval Patrick the mayor or something or other in or around New Jersey? I swear I'm not inventing people! One of your polis' have undertaken a fascinating learning project on this by living as the poorer of the community do. He was on Oprah - it must be true!
Before running for and winning governor of Massachusetts, working backwards, Deval Patrick worked for Coca Cola, American Airlines, and Ameriquest, before that he worked in Bill Clinton's justice department as the top US official for civil rights in the US, leading the largest criminal investigation in US history prior to 9/11 investigating church burnings. Before that he worked for the ACLU as a civil rights lawyer and as a lawyer in some prominent firm as well.

He was a Harvard Law classmate of Obama, though he is older than Obama because after graduating from Harvard undergrad (on scholarship) he spent a few years in Sudan.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:18 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by fair trade

I love Kooch and am glad he is running to keep the left left and issues I hold dear at the forefront. It does not matter that he does not have a snowballs chance in hell just that he can stear some of the debates. I'll vote for him in the primary just to let the party know there are still some of us lefties out here.
In the end, I hope Obama gets it. That way I have a chance to throw a vote at each (maybe this is a way for you to avoid that pesky dirty whore feeling, redhotswami )
you are my hero!

You took the words right outta my mouth. That's my plan also, Kooch in the primaries and Obama in the end.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:27 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

http://forum.interference.com/t170195.html

Iraq, Iraq, Iraq ...
Not hurting him in the LA Times poll at least, especially among independents.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:31 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

OK so you WERE pulling him out of your ass. Unsurprising given the Iraq thread.
I think we all know where comments like that come from.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:42 AM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Barack Obama is the sort of person who comes along once in a lifetime to change the political landscape. That is something which he has going for him, aside from the fact he's incredibly intelligent (I've almost forgotten what that's like in the WH), incredibly likeable and Oprah will endorse him and bring 40 million middle aged women with her.

I'm sort of meh on how he's been as a public figure in the last 2 years (a bit milquetoast for me), but I don't for one second believe McCain would steamroll over him.

Obama is fresh. It just might be what it will take. We'll see.

And I don't really care if STING thinks that Jesus doesn't stand a chance against McCain. So don't tire yourself typing it out.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:52 AM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

McCain gave the commencement address at Liberty University. Even if I knew nothing about his platform, that alone would be enough to freak me out.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:22 AM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Barack Obama is the sort of person who comes along once in a lifetime to change the political landscape. That is something which he has going for him, aside from the fact he's incredibly intelligent (I've almost forgotten what that's like in the WH), incredibly likeable and Oprah will endorse him and bring 40 million middle aged women with her.

I'm sort of meh on how he's been as a public figure in the last 2 years (a bit milquetoast for me), but I don't for one second believe McCain would steamroll over him.

Obama is fresh. It just might be what it will take. We'll see.

And I don't really care if STING thinks that Jesus doesn't stand a chance against McCain. So don't tire yourself typing it out.
What has Obama changed? 40% of Democrats don't know enough about him to form an opinion on him. What in Obama's experience shows he would make a better Commander in Chief than John McCain? What does Obama have to overcome the higher bar that is unfortunately set for women and minorities in presidential politics?(He is only the third black Senator since the reconstruction era after the Civil War) McCain has proven that he can draw independents and democrats to his side, where has Obama proven that he can draw independents and Republicans to his side? Winning in Illinois, perhaps the most liberal state outside of the Northeast is one thing, winning enough support across the country is indeed another. It also did not hurt that his opponents in that Senate race had to drop out because of sex scandals. Hillary has $15 million dollars in her war chest, Obama has $.7 million in his. What happens when the level of scrutiny rises, first in the Primary's and if he is still around in the national compaign? The current situation, where only good things are said, 40% of democrats don't know enough about him to form an opinion, and people admire his charisma and nothing else, will have seemed like a dream.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:07 AM   #55
Blue Crack Supplier

^ yes, let's not hold an election. let's just annoit McCain since he's so obviously qualified, having endorsed and supported a gigantic failure of a war.

illinois ain't so liberal; Chicago is. but Obama still got something like 80% of the vote.

and Obama is every bit as experienced as W. and JFK.

and McCain isn't who he used to be.

but cling to whatever piece of information you've found nearly 2 years before the 2008 election and continue to repeat it.

maybe then it will be come real, if you close your eyes and wish real hard.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:53 AM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:20 PM
Just like when Rove was frogmarched out over Plamegate.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:18 AM   #57
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by redhotswami

you are my hero!

You took the words right outta my mouth. That's my plan also, Kooch in the primaries and Obama in the end.
Thanks! Great to find a kindred leftie. Now if we could only get about 200 million more of us out there.......

(I got to see Dennis speak when I was campaigning in '04 and then shake his hand, lovely!)
Old 12-21-2006, 09:33 AM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by redhotswami
is this country not convinced by vegan cookies?
I hate to break it to you RHS, but this country really likes its meat.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:33 AM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by fair trade

Thanks! Great to find a kindred leftie. Now if we could only get about 200 million more of us out there.......

(I got to see Dennis speak when I was campaigning in '04 and then shake his hand, lovely!)

Isn't he so inspiring? I got to see him speak too (hehe, that was my bar incident from the original post) and he really just uplifted the entire room. I can't wait to meet him again!

I'm happy to find a kindred leftie here too!
Old 12-21-2006, 09:36 AM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
vegan cookies are for children who have been BAD.

Quote:

i do enjoy the vegan chocolate pudding at Whole Paycheck.

Pretty good with the repartee these days, Irvine.