It's Time To Take A Stand Regarding Plastic Gonads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
:lol: I didn't even know people put plastic gonads/bull testicles on vehicles. Maybe that's only in certain states, or I just never noticed.

Lawmaker comes down on plastic gonads

February 22, 2007

ANNAPOLIS, Md. --Fake bull testicles and other anatomically explicit vehicle decorations would be banned from Maryland roads under a bill pending in the state legislature.

The measure was filed in the General Assembly Monday by Delegate LeRoy E. Myers Jr., R-Washingon, who says children shouldn't be exposed to giant plastic gonads dangling from pickup truck trailer hitches. The bill also would ban depictions of naked human breasts, buttocks or genitals, with offenses punishable by fines of up to $500.

"It's time to take a stand," Myers told The (Hagerstown) Herald-Mail.

The American Civil Liberties Union objected to Myers' bill.

"The legislation is overly broad, and would probably make it illegal to have a sticker on your car of the Venus de Milo from an art museum," ACLU of Maryland spokeswoman Meredith Curtis wrote in an e-mail.

Pamela Campbell whose Bullhead City, Ariz., business sells fake bull testicles, suggested that the swinging decorations can prompt healthy discussions about anatomy and reproduction.

"Do we have to neuter all dogs that walk by us?" she asked. "Where does it stop?"

Last week, Arizona's legislature rejected a measure that would have banned vehicle splash guards bearing racist terms or silhouettes of naked women.

One of my students from Maryland showed this to me. I had actually never seen it before, so maybe itis in certain areas? Anyway, I thought it was interesting that they come in a variety of colors. I thought the camoflague ones were pretty funny.

Oh yeah, I just noticed it was a Republican . I guess I was too busy thinking about dangling plastic gonads..

Seriously, do kids even know what dangling plastic gonads are? Do these people put duct tape or something on their dogs' genitals?

Well I do think this is one case where the claim of "can prompt healthy discussions about anatomy and reproduction" is absurd. The same abstractness that would draw a kid's eye to this to begin with also makes it hard to explain sensibly; small children tend not to get visual puns, whereas they have no problem sussing out that Doggie is naked, so yep, that's his private parts they're seeing when he lifts his leg.

That said, I don't know how Delegate Myers managed to file the legislation with a straight face.

Can't we merge this with "Scrotum"? Or somebody quick, start a "Clitoris" thread...

So people really put plastic nads on their vehicles...well thank God we have the Republicans to protect us from that!

Well, son, when the father truck and the mother truck want to make a baby truck.......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom