its the worlds most offensive couch...al sharpton must be fuming!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole forum should chill out, scoot over to EYKIW and listen to the latest poptastic songs by U2!

Vincent Vega said:

Your rights and restrictions are limited by what the mods allow you to say.

Tell me, how can you fire yourself?

I know, but he said this is not a democracy, so what political association do the mods follow?

You could think of it like a monarchy, of sorts, since Elvis has the final say on pretty much everything that goes down here.

As for your post asking why they haven't been fired, it should be pretty clear how their position differs from that of someone like Don Imus.

Justin24 said:

I know, but he said this is not a democracy, so what political association do the mods follow?

I say this place is not a democracy (which it isn't), and you assume that the mods follow some political association? Where did you get that idea from? :huh:
The mods do not follow any one political association. They do follow the rules of this forum, and their own good judgment.

yolland said:

I'm waiting.

If you go back to the picture I corrected it. Thank you. and both have nothing to do with each other but it shows that Sharpton a man of God cares only about his own race and if he violence or humiliation is needed he will push it.

Diemen said:

I say this place is not a democracy (which it isn't), and you assume that the mods follow some political association? Where did you get that idea from? :huh:
The mods do not follow any one political association. They do follow the rules of this forum, and their own good judgment.

Well those rules are kind of a law in a digital media kingdom called Interference.

Justin24 said:
"No, did you ever apologize for causing the riot in NY after that girl falsely accused cops of raping her oh and what about the Crown Height riots where a mob killed a Jewish person, yelling Kill the Jew?"
What riot did the Tawana Brawley case cause?

What is Sharpton's connection to the death of Yankel Rosenbaum?

Did I ever say anything to the contrary?

And how exactly does something you made up show that Sharpton cares only about his own race and will push for violence and humiliation?

Justin24: I think murder is great because I don't speak out against every murder that happens.

Do you see how that statement is just the tiniest bit misleading?

yolland said:

What riot did the Tawana Brawley case cause?

What is Sharpton's connection to the death of Yankel Rosenbaum?

Controversies

Tawana Brawley controversy

See also: Tawana Brawley Case

In the Tawana Brawley case, a 15-year-old black girl was found smeared with feces, lying in a garbage bag, her clothing torn and burned and with various slurs and epithets written on her body in charcoal. Brawley claimed she had been assaulted and raped by six white men, some of them police officers, in the village of Wappingers Falls, New York.

Attorneys Alton H. Maddox and C. Vernon Mason joined Sharpton in support of Brawley. A grand jury was convened; after seven months of examining police and medical records, the jury determined the evidence did not support Brawley's story. Sharpton, Maddox and Mason accused the Dutchess County prosecutor, Steven Pagones, of racism and of being one of the perpetrators of the alleged abduction and rape. The three were successfully sued for slander and ordered to pay $345,000 in damages, the jury finding Sharpton liable for making seven defamatory statements about Pagones, Maddox for two and Mason for one. [28]

Crown Heights Riot

See also: Crown Heights Riot

The Crown Heights Riot occurred after a car accident involving the motorcade for the Lubavitcher Rebbe, killing a young boy named Gavin Cato. A riot was sparked after a private Hasidic ambulance came to the scene and, on the orders of a police officer, removed the Hasidic driver from the scene. Gavin and his cousin Angela were picked up soon after by a city ambulance. Caribbean-American and African-American residents of the neighborhood then rioted for four consecutive days fueled by rumors [29] [30] that the private ambulance had refused to treat young Gavin. [31] A visiting rabbinical student from Australia by the name of Yankel Rosenbaum, 29, was killed during the rioting by a mob shouting "Kill the Jew." [32] Sharpton has been seen by some commentators as inflaming tensions with remarks such as "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house" and referring to Jews as "diamond merchants." [1], [2], [3], [4], [5]

Sharpton marched through Crown Heights and in front of "770", shortly after the riot, with about 400 noisy protesters (who chanted "Whose streets? Our streets!" and "No justice, no peace!"), in spite of Mayor David Dinkins' attempts to keep the march from happening. [33]

Freddie's Fashion Mart

There was no riot in the first case, and in the second, "some commentators" saw his remarks as "inflaming".

He is no saint, by no means, but I don't understand your hatred voiced towards him either.

Wow...relating Tawana Brawley and the Crown Heights Riot is a HUGE stretch. HUGE.

The connection only works in a "six Degree's of Kevin Bacon" type way...NOOOOO relation at all. :yikes:

Diemen said:
What's your source for that?
Wikipedia.
Vincent Vega said:
There was no riot in the first case
Quite right, and the info on the second still doesn't answer my question. How was Sharpton implicated in Rosenbaum's death?

Last edited:
Well, accusations are there.
Now you have to prove your case.
What riot did Sharpton cause regarding the Tawana Brawley incident?
How is Sharpton to be made responsible for the riot and succeeding death of Yankel Rosenbaum?

"Sharpton has been seen by some commentators as inflaming tensions with remarks such as "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house" and referring to Jews as "diamond merchants." [1], [2], [3], [4], [5]

Sharpton marched through Crown Heights and in front of "770", shortly after the riot, with about 400 noisy protesters (who chanted "Whose streets? Our streets!" and "No justice, no peace!"), in spite of Mayor David Dinkins' attempts to keep the march from happening."

Justin, do you know WHEN Rosenbaum was killed, and WHEN the riot broke out, versus when Sharpton got involved?

Justin24 said:
"Sharpton has been seen by some commentators as inflaming tensions with remarks such as "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house" and referring to Jews as "diamond merchants." [1], [2], [3], [4], [5]

Sharpton marched through Crown Heights and in front of "770", shortly after the riot, with about 400 noisy protesters (who chanted "Whose streets? Our streets!" and "No justice, no peace!"), in spite of Mayor David Dinkins' attempts to keep the march from happening."

Are you saying that Sharpton's comments lead directly to the death of Rosenbaum? Are you even sure that those comments were made before Rosenbaum's death?

And leading a march is hardly the same as killing someone. That march, from the wording in the article, took place after the riot and death, also.

Justin24 said:

We are lucky there are courts and some rules in judging.
This wouldn't considered being evidence of anything. To the contrary, your accusations would get you in serious trouble if you went public with it the way you put it.

yolland said:
Justin, do you know WHEN Rosenbaum was killed, and WHEN the riot broke out, versus when Sharpton got involved?

The riot broke out in 1991 in Crown Heights, NY. Sharpton inflamed the the neighborhood sparking the riots, killing an innocent person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom