It's Official - America has gone to HELL - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2005, 04:03 AM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran McConville
I'm still screaming, Cai7enema, I'm still screaming!
I have to keep on laughing because I know that if I stop I will start screaming.

Old 12-21-2005, 05:16 AM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_North

'Oliver Laurence North (born October 7, 1943) was a member of the Marine Corps who achieved the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. He rose to national prominence because of the Iran-Contra Affair, during which he was a key official in the clandestine and illegal selling of weapons to Iran in order to earn money for the Contras during U.S. President Ronald Reagan's administration. Today, he is a conservative political commentator.'

Are the articles published by Oliver North on watch lists too?

Oliver North was involved in some heavy drug trafficking in Central America (weapons vs. coke) - (source. a German intelligence official - Jürgen something - wrote about him).

He´s a commentator now? How weird is that.

Old 12-21-2005, 05:36 AM   #78
Refugee

Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Se7en
we've got to protect our freedom by limiting our freedom. it makes sense to me, guys. freedom. did i mention our freedom and how the terrorists hate it? freedom.
That was VERY WELL SAID....

I wish the Americans would realize that all these measures are being taken to save their lives and to prevent another 9/11.

What is a knock on the door compared to a bomb on the subway????
Old 12-21-2005, 07:06 AM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono

I wish the Americans would realize that all these measures are being taken to save their lives and to prevent another 9/11.

I am pretty sure that was sarcasm, and as somebody who has probably raised more than a few of these red flags and continues to do so I do not think that this is an effective use of valuable and limited resources.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:15 AM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:42 AM
Quote:

a knock on the door is better than a bomb in the subway....although these measures are not going to stop another 9.11 ....wiping out terrorism will.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:20 AM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life

You cannot wipe out terrorism, it is a means to an end. What can be done is to combat the ideology, that can only be done by a massive shift in political power in the middle east in particular Saudi Arabia. But we can't just go at it directly it has to be influenced a little bit more indirectly and with a long term policy in place that can be pursued by successive administrations. One that moves beyond the cold-war mentalities of the so-called "realists".
Old 12-21-2005, 08:12 AM   #82
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:42 AM
The West and the Soviet Union spent a century messing up the Middle East between colonialism, the poor execution of the creation of Israel, and Cold War politics. Who is really surprised that it's turned into the bastion of fanaticism, unemployment, and stupidity that it is today?

Melon
Old 12-21-2005, 08:16 AM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life

The philosophy that drives todays Islamic terrorists is not so far removed of the holy warriors of centuries past. Maybe we should think of them as revivalists.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:18 AM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

did i miss anything?

I asked myself the same questions you did

i came to a different conclusion
Somewhere in your article it talks about other hits involving the individual that checked out the book. It was his background coupled with the book, NOT the book.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:18 AM   #85
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
The philosophy that drives todays Islamic terrorists is not so far removed of the holy warriors of centuries past. Maybe we should think of them as revivalists.
Well yes. And the Bush dynasty as a kind of Bourbon restoration perhaps, a point made very clearly by Kevin Phillips in his book 'American Dynasty'.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:21 AM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Again, not a surprise. They're looking towards a romanticized view of their glory days when they called all the shots. The 20th century didn't fare so well for Muslim civilization.

Melon
Old 12-21-2005, 09:22 AM   #87
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:42 AM
Quote:

I don't know to or or

Old 12-21-2005, 09:37 AM   #88
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
The West and the Soviet Union spent a century messing up the Middle East between colonialism, the poor execution of the creation of Israel, and Cold War politics. Who is really surprised that it's turned into the bastion of fanaticism, unemployment, and stupidity that it is today?

Melon
Poor execution of the creation of Israel??? Just what did you mean by that?
Old 12-21-2005, 09:43 AM   #89
Refugee

Quote:
I am pretty sure that was sarcasm, and as somebody who has probably raised more than a few of these red flags and continues to do so I do not think that this is an effective use of valuable and limited resources.
No Wanderer, it wasn't sarcasm - I was being serious.

Would you resent a cop stopping a speeding car before the car gets involved in a fatal accident? - NO you wouldn't because the cop stopping the car is a preventive measure (or at least SHOULD be). I believe this is the same principle. The goal here is not to harm the freedom of the American citizens - it is to try and locate those those people hidden among the population "under the radar" and find them before its too late.

Don't you wish someone would have wondered about 19 people taking flight lessons who were only interested in learning how to take off and not how to land? ..... I know I do....
Old 12-21-2005, 09:58 AM   #90
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:42 AM
Quote:

No Wanderer, it wasn't sarcasm - I was being serious.

Would you resent a cop stopping a speeding car before the car gets involved in a fatal accident? - NO you wouldn't because the cop stopping the car is a preventive measure (or at least SHOULD be). I believe this is the same principle. The goal here is not to harm the freedom of the American citizens - it is to try and locate those those people hidden among the population "under the radar" and find them before its too late.

Don't you wish someone would have wondered about 19 people taking flight lessons who were only interested in learning how to take off and not how to land? ..... I know I do....
No the post that you responded to was sarcasm that you completely missed.

He wasn't serious about giving up freedoms.

Your speeding car analogy doesn't work because speeding is against the law, so you expect to get pulled over.

And yes the flight lessons were flagged and ignored, another fuck up from this administration.

But none of this has nothing to do with this scenario.