It's Official - America has gone to HELL - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-21-2005, 04:03 AM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Calluna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Cloud Cookoo Land
Posts: 3,542
Local Time: 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran McConville
I'm still screaming, Cai7enema, I'm still screaming!
I have to keep on laughing because I know that if I stop I will start screaming.
__________________

__________________
Calluna is offline  
Old 12-21-2005, 05:16 AM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
hiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the jungle
Posts: 7,410
Local Time: 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_North

'Oliver Laurence North (born October 7, 1943) was a member of the Marine Corps who achieved the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. He rose to national prominence because of the Iran-Contra Affair, during which he was a key official in the clandestine and illegal selling of weapons to Iran in order to earn money for the Contras during U.S. President Ronald Reagan's administration. Today, he is a conservative political commentator.'


Are the articles published by Oliver North on watch lists too?

Oliver North was involved in some heavy drug trafficking in Central America (weapons vs. coke) - (source. a German intelligence official - Jürgen something - wrote about him).

He´s a commentator now? How weird is that.
__________________

__________________
hiphop is offline  
Old 12-21-2005, 05:36 AM   #78
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 1,300
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Se7en
we've got to protect our freedom by limiting our freedom. it makes sense to me, guys. freedom. did i mention our freedom and how the terrorists hate it? freedom.
That was VERY WELL SAID....

I wish the Americans would realize that all these measures are being taken to save their lives and to prevent another 9/11.

What is a knock on the door compared to a bomb on the subway????
__________________
AchtungBono is offline  
Old 12-21-2005, 07:06 AM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono


That was VERY WELL SAID....

I wish the Americans would realize that all these measures are being taken to save their lives and to prevent another 9/11.

What is a knock on the door compared to a bomb on the subway????
I am pretty sure that was sarcasm, and as somebody who has probably raised more than a few of these red flags and continues to do so I do not think that this is an effective use of valuable and limited resources.
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 12-21-2005, 07:15 AM   #80
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dismantled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 21,345
Local Time: 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono


That was VERY WELL SAID....

I wish the Americans would realize that all these measures are being taken to save their lives and to prevent another 9/11.

What is a knock on the door compared to a bomb on the subway????
a knock on the door is better than a bomb in the subway....although these measures are not going to stop another 9.11 ....wiping out terrorism will.
__________________
Dismantled is offline  
Old 12-21-2005, 07:20 AM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 01:42 AM
You cannot wipe out terrorism, it is a means to an end. What can be done is to combat the ideology, that can only be done by a massive shift in political power in the middle east in particular Saudi Arabia. But we can't just go at it directly it has to be influenced a little bit more indirectly and with a long term policy in place that can be pursued by successive administrations. One that moves beyond the cold-war mentalities of the so-called "realists".
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 12-21-2005, 08:12 AM   #82
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 10:42 AM
The West and the Soviet Union spent a century messing up the Middle East between colonialism, the poor execution of the creation of Israel, and Cold War politics. Who is really surprised that it's turned into the bastion of fanaticism, unemployment, and stupidity that it is today?

Melon
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 12-21-2005, 08:16 AM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 01:42 AM
The philosophy that drives todays Islamic terrorists is not so far removed of the holy warriors of centuries past. Maybe we should think of them as revivalists.
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 12-21-2005, 08:18 AM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep







did i miss anything?


I asked myself the same questions you did



i came to a different conclusion
Somewhere in your article it talks about other hits involving the individual that checked out the book. It was his background coupled with the book, NOT the book.
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 12-21-2005, 08:18 AM   #85
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
The philosophy that drives todays Islamic terrorists is not so far removed of the holy warriors of centuries past. Maybe we should think of them as revivalists.
Well yes. And the Bush dynasty as a kind of Bourbon restoration perhaps, a point made very clearly by Kevin Phillips in his book 'American Dynasty'.
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 12-21-2005, 08:21 AM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
The philosophy that drives todays Islamic terrorists is not so far removed of the holy warriors of centuries past. Maybe we should think of them as revivalists.
Again, not a surprise. They're looking towards a romanticized view of their glory days when they called all the shots. The 20th century didn't fare so well for Muslim civilization.

Melon
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 12-21-2005, 09:22 AM   #87
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,695
Local Time: 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono


That was VERY WELL SAID....

I wish the Americans would realize that all these measures are being taken to save their lives and to prevent another 9/11.

What is a knock on the door compared to a bomb on the subway????
I don't know to or or






__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 12-21-2005, 09:37 AM   #88
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 1,300
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon
The West and the Soviet Union spent a century messing up the Middle East between colonialism, the poor execution of the creation of Israel, and Cold War politics. Who is really surprised that it's turned into the bastion of fanaticism, unemployment, and stupidity that it is today?

Melon
Poor execution of the creation of Israel??? Just what did you mean by that?
__________________
AchtungBono is offline  
Old 12-21-2005, 09:43 AM   #89
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 1,300
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
I am pretty sure that was sarcasm, and as somebody who has probably raised more than a few of these red flags and continues to do so I do not think that this is an effective use of valuable and limited resources.
No Wanderer, it wasn't sarcasm - I was being serious.

Would you resent a cop stopping a speeding car before the car gets involved in a fatal accident? - NO you wouldn't because the cop stopping the car is a preventive measure (or at least SHOULD be). I believe this is the same principle. The goal here is not to harm the freedom of the American citizens - it is to try and locate those those people hidden among the population "under the radar" and find them before its too late.

Don't you wish someone would have wondered about 19 people taking flight lessons who were only interested in learning how to take off and not how to land? ..... I know I do....
__________________
AchtungBono is offline  
Old 12-21-2005, 09:58 AM   #90
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,695
Local Time: 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono


No Wanderer, it wasn't sarcasm - I was being serious.

Would you resent a cop stopping a speeding car before the car gets involved in a fatal accident? - NO you wouldn't because the cop stopping the car is a preventive measure (or at least SHOULD be). I believe this is the same principle. The goal here is not to harm the freedom of the American citizens - it is to try and locate those those people hidden among the population "under the radar" and find them before its too late.

Don't you wish someone would have wondered about 19 people taking flight lessons who were only interested in learning how to take off and not how to land? ..... I know I do....
No the post that you responded to was sarcasm that you completely missed.

He wasn't serious about giving up freedoms.

Your speeding car analogy doesn't work because speeding is against the law, so you expect to get pulled over.

And yes the flight lessons were flagged and ignored, another fuck up from this administration.

But none of this has nothing to do with this scenario.
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com