It is time to revise/update the U.S. constitution..... - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2007, 01:43 PM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:35 AM
Hello Aeon

Assuming that a law breaker enters a property for an illegal purpose,

What percent (do you think) of the time is it for one of the following:

a. steal your property

b. kidnap someone

c. rape someone

I know it is just speculation
put a number, a percentage, 1% -80% or something

(for the record, there is a good chance I own more guns that you)

Old 04-20-2007, 01:49 PM   #137
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

Have you ever met a kid that didn't love the game "take everything out of mommy's purse even though she's said not to a million times"? Medicines and cleaning products are kept in cabinets with child locks. I can't speak for everyone, but we've had to use child locks even for our cats!

If the gun is kept disassembled and unloaded in a locked case, doesn't that entirely defeat the purpose of being "prepared" for a big man who's going to storm in and rape us?
Do most gun owners stash their handguns loaded in places like that?

Old 04-20-2007, 01:59 PM   #138
Refugee

Local Time: 10:35 AM
Re: It is time to revise/update the U.S. constitution.....

There were wacko's abusing free speach in every century since man could talk. In this day and age, with the internet and all the other media-means we use to bring the world closer together we hear about it more often than that of our grandparents et al.

In order to limit free speach, you have to have a group of people who decides what to limit. Do you want a bunch of career politicians who care more about money from special interest deciding what can be said or reported? If not, do you create a special group that decides what's free and what's not free? Who decides who's in the group? But the big danger is, 100 years from now, when our descendants are wrestling with whatever the next free speech issue is, how do we know they'll be honest? What kind of legacy will we have set up? It's sort of like, 'it's not necessarily your good intentions I'm worried about, but the intentions of those who follow after you're gone.'

The general populace of Germany who paved the way for Adolf Hitler had nothing but good intentions at that time.

I have no problem with gun control, but banning guns does nothing but take guns out of the hands of honest people. Sorry. If this guy had wanted to, he could easily have procured those guns illegally. And from the lessons we've learned through history about first Alchohol & then drugs, banning guns will make getting them even easier to get for those wishing to break the law. It'd be your typical supply and demand.

The failure here wasn't that this guy could get the guns, it was the polictically correct policies of the university. Even though they had identified him as at the very minimum mentally unbalanced, but realistically, as psychotic, they had done nothing because they didn't want to step on his civil liberties.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:29 PM   #139
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:35 AM
Re: Re: It is time to revise/update the U.S. constitution.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowlock
Sorry. If this guy had wanted to, he could easily have procured those guns illegally.

i was thinking that a day or two ago, but now i'm not so sure. if guns were illegal, just what kind of contacts to a criminal underworld would people like Cho and Kleebold and Harris actually have? if they were really, really intent on shooting everyone, i'm sure it could be done, but i also wonder if the ease of getting a gun doesn't facilitate gun crime, whereas if it were much, much harder to get a gun, that might be a deterrant to guns themselves. look at the UK, Australia, etc. plenty of crime, plenty of stabbings and brawls and beatings, but not so much gun crimes.

Quote:
The failure here wasn't that this guy could get the guns, it was the polictically correct policies of the university. Even though they had identified him as at the very minimum mentally unbalanced, but realistically, as psychotic, they had done nothing because they didn't want to step on his civil liberties.
how is that politically correct?
Old 04-20-2007, 02:30 PM   #140
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Considering how many children have been involved with accidental gun deaths, I'd have to imagine adults that own and carry guns for their immediate "safety" and protection, yeah. How does a 4 year old know how to load a gun?

Gives me the willies just thinking about it...
Old 04-20-2007, 02:30 PM   #141
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

i guarantee you that, if my parents had a gun, by the age of 9 or 10 i'd have figured out where it was and how to get it.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:47 PM   #142
I Serve Larry's Stick

My grandfather still keeps a loaded pistol under his bed. Fortunately all of the kids were taught to know better than to handle them.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:02 PM   #143
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by clarityat3am
My grandfather still keeps a loaded pistol under his bed. Fortunately all of the kids were taught to know better than to handle them.

and most kids don't swallow bottles of pills, or drink bleach, or push others down the stairs, or get drunk and drive their car into a tree when they're 16, or any number of things that parents teach their children not to do.

why add another dimension of danger to a household? why keep a tool around who's only function is to kill someone else? there's no reason for the existence of a gun beyond death.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:11 PM   #144
I Serve Larry's Stick

I wasn't trying to fuel the debate. Just noting the fact that, yes, people do still keep guns in open places. Not the best idea, but they do.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:19 PM   #145
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by clarityat3am
I wasn't trying to fuel the debate. Just noting the fact that, yes, people do still keep guns in open places. Not the best idea, but they do.

please, fuel the debate! the more opinions the better.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:24 PM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:35 AM
Quote:
^ Hey how could the kid find the gun when it was hidden behind the open bottles of medication and industrial cleaning products
LOL! Sometimes you really crack me up.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:27 PM   #147
I Serve Larry's Stick

I'm more of a random note here or there type. But I did find this interesting. By the one and only Ted Nugent.

Quote:
Nugent: Gun-free zones are recipe for disaster

POSTED: 3:14 p.m. EDT, April 20, 2007
More on CNN TV: Ted Nugent participates in a roundtable discussion on gun control tonight on "Glenn Beck," Headline Prime, 7 p.m. ET.
By Ted Nugent
Special to CNN

Editor's note: Rock guitarist Ted Nugent has sold more than 30 million albums. He's also a gun rights activist and serves on the board of directors of the National Rifle Association. His program, "Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild," can be seen on the Outdoor Channel.

WACO, Texas (CNN) -- Zero tolerance, huh? Gun-free zones, huh? Try this on for size: Columbine gun-free zone, New York City pizza shop gun-free zone, Luby's Cafeteria gun-free zone, Amish school in Pennsylvania gun-free zone and now Virginia Tech gun-free zone.

Anybody see what the evil Brady Campaign and other anti-gun cults have created? I personally have zero tolerance for evil and denial. And America had best wake up real fast that the brain-dead celebration of unarmed helplessness will get you killed every time, and I've about had enough of it.

Nearly a decade ago, a Springfield, Oregon, high schooler, a hunter familiar with firearms, was able to bring an unfolding rampage to an abrupt end when he identified a gunman attempting to reload his .22-caliber rifle, made the tactical decision to make a move and tackled the shooter.

A few years back, an assistant principal at Pearl High School in Mississippi, which was a gun-free zone, retrieved his legally owned Colt .45 from his car and stopped a Columbine wannabe from continuing his massacre at another school after he had killed two and wounded more at Pearl.

At an eighth-grade school dance in Pennsylvania, a boy fatally shot a teacher and wounded two students before the owner of the dance hall brought the killing to a halt with his own gun.

More recently, just a few miles up the road from Virginia Tech, two law school students ran to fetch their legally owned firearm to stop a madman from slaughtering anybody and everybody he pleased. These brave, average, armed citizens neutralized him pronto.

My hero, Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp, was not allowed by Texas law to carry her handgun into Luby's Cafeteria that fateful day in 1991, when due to bureaucrat-forced unarmed helplessness she could do nothing to stop satanic George Hennard from killing 23 people and wounding more than 20 others before he shot himself. Hupp was unarmed for no other reason than denial-ridden "feel good" politics.

She has since led the charge for concealed weapon upgrade in Texas, where we can now stop evil. Yet, there are still the mindless puppets of the Brady Campaign and other anti-gun organizations insisting on continuing the gun-free zone insanity by which innocents are forced into unarmed helplessness. Shame on them. Shame on America. Shame on the anti-gunners all.

No one was foolish enough to debate Ryder truck regulations or ammonia nitrate restrictions or a "cult of agriculture fertilizer" following the unabashed evil of Timothy McVeigh's heinous crime against America on that fateful day in Oklahoma City. No one faulted kitchen utensils or other hardware of choice after Jeffrey Dahmer was caught drugging, mutilating, raping, murdering and cannibalizing his victims. Nobody wanted "steak knife control" as they autopsied the dead nurses in Chicago, Illinois, as Richard Speck went on trial for mass murder.

Evil is as evil does, and laws disarming guaranteed victims make evil people very, very happy. Shame on us.

Already spineless gun control advocates are squawking like chickens with their tiny-brained heads chopped off, making political hay over this most recent, devastating Virginia Tech massacre, when in fact it is their own forced gun-free zone policy that enabled the unchallenged methodical murder of 32 people.

Thirty-two people dead on a U.S. college campus pursuing their American Dream, mowed-down over an extended period of time by a lone, non-American gunman in illegal possession of a firearm on campus in defiance of a zero-tolerance gun law. Feel better yet? Didn't think so.

Who doesn't get this? Who has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness? Who likes dead good guys?

I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who. People who refuse to accept the self-evident truth that free people have the God-given right to keep and bear arms, to defend themselves and their loved ones. People who are so desperate in their drive to control others, so mindless in their denial that they pretend access to gas causes arson, Ryder trucks and fertilizer cause terrorism, water causes drowning, forks and spoons cause obesity, dialing 911 will somehow save your life, and that their greedy clamoring to "feel good" is more important than admitting that armed citizens are much better equipped to stop evil than unarmed, helpless ones.

Pray for the families of victims everywhere, America. Study the methodology of evil. It has a profile, a system, a preferred environment where victims cannot fight back. Embrace the facts, demand upgrade and be certain that your children's school has a better plan than Virginia Tech or Columbine. Eliminate the insanity of gun-free zones, which will never, ever be gun-free zones. They will only be good guy gun-free zones, and that is a recipe for disaster written in blood on the altar of denial. I, for one, refuse to genuflect there.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
Hello Aeon

Assuming that a law breaker enters a property for an illegal purpose,

What percent (do you think) of the time is it for one of the following:

a. steal your property

b. kidnap someone

c. rape someone

I know it is just speculation
put a number, a percentage, 1% -80% or something

(for the record, there is a good chance I own more guns that you)
Well - I can't imagine someone breaking into my house to watch LOST on my big screen. I have no idea what percentage do what - all that matters is that if you are breaking into my house - I will assume you have bad intentions.

Yes, I'm certain you own more guns than I do.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:34 PM   #149
Blue Crack Addict

You never know. Once a bum broke into my friends house to sleep on their couch. Good thing they didn't shoot him!
Old 04-20-2007, 03:39 PM   #150
Refugee

Local Time: 10:35 AM
Re: Re: Re: It is time to revise/update the U.S. constitution.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

i was thinking that a day or two ago, but now i'm not so sure. if guns were illegal, just what kind of contacts to a criminal underworld would people like Cho and Kleebold and Harris actually have?
What kind of contacts do you need to buy pot? I'm not saying it's that easy right now; while guns are legal. But putting prohibition on them will make the black market for them a lot more accessable just because of usual supply & demand.

Oh, and as to the gun crimes in the UK. Per capita, not too long ago Scottland was list among the places with the most highest murder rates in the world- or least the West.

Like I said, I don't mind gun control, I think they should be controlled; probably even a lot more strictly than they currently are. But banning just seems like a band aid to whatever the current problem is. The discussion should be about how this kid, who couldn't have displayed more warning signs other than body painting his intent on himself, still was allowed free run on campus. That's the real issue.