It is NOT the ECONOMY Stupid for Presidentail Approval Ratings in America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bushie likes to keep us preoccupied with his "war" on Afghanistan, er Iraq, er...terrorism because by doing so it keeps the focus off his god-awful train wreck of an domestic agenda and his approval numbers intact. As long as Bushie keeps the blinders on the American public it only stands to reason his popularity will remain high. But trust me...eventually this facade of a "war" will expose itself to the American electorate and the focus will return to the core issues facing our country in the future. Bush and his honchos clearly fear this...they can't win on the issues 2 years from now...so it wouldn't come as a complete shock to me that sometime in the fall/winter of 2003 or early spring of 2004 Bushie launches an attack on Iraq, promoting it as a "preemptive strike" against "the evil doers".

The bottom line is that the Bush family seems to latch on to "war" whenever they can in order to take the focus off their pathetic crippling of the American economy, environment, and first amendment rights. They would have us believe that this "war" is so important that nothing else really matters-not the economy, not the enviroment, etc. Just ridiculous. Yes, feeling safe on the streets of America is important-but not at the cost of crippling our economy with the failed economic policies of the Reagan and Bush Sr administrations.

So...Bush will learn that ultimately the American electorate is smarter than he thinks. It IS about the economy at the end of the day...and the trickle down economics of this administration will guarantee a Bush defeat in November of '04.

So Joel-

You'll be ok w/re-registering as a sexy-republican than afterall?
;)
In a few yrs?

thank u-

DB9
:)

z edge...

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU BABBLING ABOUT?

Seriously, you are in the dark if you think environmental policies surround jets and a motorcade.

As for the rest of what you said... It makes no sense, and is pointless to comment on. Please pull up a chair and read the morning paper sometime.. and I dont mean the 'funnies' or the sports section. Oh.. better yet, read the news paper online, it'll save paper. lol.

diamond said:
So Joel-

You'll be ok w/re-registering as a sexy-republican than afterall?
;)
In a few yrs?

thank u-

DB9

Good bye Dave, I'm done with this thread. You started it and you apparently have NOTHING of any intellectual value (left) to contribute to it.

You and z edge are birds of the same feather, aren't you? ;)

Salome said:
ummm, I don't think I described reckless cowboys etc etc
I think Clinton would have bombed just about anything just as Bush Jr did
and a very important reason to do this is not because they have any idea what exactly they are bombing but because (the majority of) the US citizens expects their president to react this way

TO me this hints at what i accused you of before, not only do you manage to mess up his name but your stating that most of the US citizens expect..... may as well be a slam. But you are absolutely right. Thank GOD.

The cowboy thing was a compilation of reading this forum for 9 months since 911 and being fed up. Many, not necessarily yourself have used these terms.

not only the US citizens feel this way, people all over the world feel this way
personally I don't see that much wrong with the US doing that
we can talk about it all day and night but you are the only world power left
if the US doesn't react to these kinds of things nobody will

Salome you are contradictory here. Unless there has been some "magical" editing here or I have read you completely wrong for the last year and 1/2, we could pull up damn near every thread that involved Bush or war or American troops and it would contradict your statement here.

As you see, I am not alone in my feelings.

ood to see my post being judged as typical blind hatred towards the US
it helps me to understand how elaborate my posts should be over here to prevent people to jumping to conclusions already formed in their mind before I even post anything

If I am wrong, then perhaps the difference in cultures creates confusion in how we precieve each other.

I dunno here, what you have written in this post is pretty well read, why wouldn't any of the others be?

r also adding a little abuse towards my country
a country you clearly know near to nothing about
I knew you'd understand)

I have no personal intent to slam your country, even though I feel you have done so to me repeatedly.

My apologies for that anyway.

Elvis said:

You and z edge are birds of the same feather, aren't you? ;)

Actually no, I am a much smaller and more agile bird while Dave here is the keeper of the nest :wink:

Spiral_Staircase said:

Facts, please.....

a) I'm done with this thread.

b) I stated he has the charachter for those things. I did not state that those things were facts.

Character:
2 a : one of the attributes or features that make up and distinguish an individual b (1) : a feature used to separate distinguishable things into categories; also : a group or kind so separated <advertising of a very primitive character>

z edge said:
Salome you are contradictory here. Unless there has been some "magical" editing here or I have read you completely wrong for the last year and 1/2, we could pull up damn near every thread that involved Bush or war or American troops and it would contradict your statement here.
well, good luck looking for those threads
because I don't think I've stated very much on that issue except that after a week + I questioned what strategic objects were left to bomb

I really don't care what most of you think of me, but I will not stand having people call me a hater of everything American, because:
1. it's not true
2. I am a mod here and the percentage of Americans in this forum is very high - I already have seen enough crap without being accused of insane accusations

BUT I like to BABBLE sometimes

Elvis said:
z edge...

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU BABBLING ABOUT?

If we are destroying this beautiful land, then we are all to blame not just Bush. In that case then it has been going on for longer than he has been alive, IF it is true.

Seriously, you are in the dark if you think environmental policies surround jets and a motorcade.

Two examples I posed since you blamed Bush specifically. But if you want more then look at your computer, your house, your car, your clothes, concerts, movies. Everything we do has waste attached to it. And destroying the enviornment too. The scientific research used to study this and "prove" these theories is also responsible.

As for the rest of what you said... It makes no sense, and is pointless to comment on. Please pull up a chair and read the morning paper sometime.. and I dont mean the 'funnies' or the sports section. Oh.. better yet, read the news paper online, it'll save paper. lol.
Save paper, but not electricity!:)

End-BABBLE:)

Salome said:

I really don't care what most of you think of me, but I will not stand having people call me a hater of everything American, because:
1. it's not true
2. I am a mod here and the percentage of Americans in this forum is very high - I already have seen enough crap without being accused of insane accusations

i, joyfulamericangirl, :heart: salome

Salome said:

but I will not stand having people call me a hater of everything American, because:

I never said that Salome

Perhaps we should continue this in private

Either way,

I can't stand for some individuals bashing and trashing what I risk my life for, what others died for

I'm not accusing anyone
but it happens a lot around here

Some call it misconception
Some call it bashing
Some don't care

diamond said:
Well, in the recent past when another US President w/high approval ratings got involved in a war..ie- Bosnia his approval numbers went down slightly..every miltary involvment practically either his numbers would dip or remain the same at best..

Therefore Ergoheads..this character issue may be more important than we realize after all, wouldnt cha think?:yes:

Out-
DB9

Don't be so selective in your history, Diamond.

Another recent president had an astronomical 91% approval rating - during the Gulf War. The very next year, he lost his re-election bid.

Polls aren't always accurate and people's opinions change with the tides. If this "war on terrorism" in the MidEast ends before 2004 and the economy is still poor, Bush #2 may suffer the same fate as Bush #1.

Dr Who-
My beverage of choice is Diet Coke.
I have a bet that GW will be reelected w a sodie pop of choice, so far -
Mr Someone
Joel
and
perhaps you can enter the charade.;)

thank you-
Diamond
PS-
remeber Diet Coke-
thank you
:);)

Dave,

Does someone pay you to litter good threads with utter garbage, or is it just in your nature to do so? :\ It amazes me that you so boldy engage in accepting your ignorance when it's blatantly pointed out to you. It's really kinda sad.

Mr Tanner-
My only retort sir- is a question.
Are we on for the sodie-pop bet or not?

thank you-
DB9
;)

diamond said:
And even w/the best medical treatment offered in Canada..MOST Canadaians opt to come to the USA for the most ADVANCED medical care.

diamond, of all the silly things that have been said in this thread, this takes the cake. where did you pick up this piece of information?

while true that for a time the canadian health care system was backlogged in terms of radiology and CAT scans(if i remember correctly) by NO means did most canadian's end up going to the states for ADVANCED health care. this period has long since passed.

at the same time however, madamc, do not ignore the problems which are incresingly evident in the canadian health care system as provinces and the feds fight over the origin of funding and the structure of the system itself.

an excellent chroincle of the problems plaguing toronto health care at least can be found at the toronto star, i no longer have the exact address but the 5 part series was called code red. but that is a whole other thread.

diamond said:
My only retort sir- is a question.

Since you never seem to be able to respond to anything addressed to you in an intellectual manner, I would expect nothing more from you than a question that's already been answered for you.

Kobe-
Perhaps I was 'blinded by the Right"?
thanks for the enligtenment.

I do KNOW this most ppl all OVER THE WORLD are flown to THE USA for ADVANCED medical care..I dont recall Canada being the epi-center of ALL modern-medicine..do you?:eyebrow:

Diamond:larry: :|

Kobe-

ignore poor diamond. unfortunately he hasn't had the priviledge of ADVANCED MEDICAL CARE since he was dropped on his head as a young baboon.

Elvis said:

Since you never seem to be able to respond to anything addressed to you in an intellectual manner, I would expect nothing more from you than a question that's already been answered for you.

Well please dear sir..
List your beverage of choice here NOW so I will know just in case..
and
Please archive this thread so we can pull it out in 2004 and embrace the truth.Together.:yes:
Word.
Diamond

diamond said:

Well please dear sir..
List your beverage of choice here NOW so I will know just in case..
and
Please archive this thread so we can pull it out in 2004 and embrace the truth.Together.:yes:
Word.
Diamond

Oh geez.
For gawd sake... you owe me an IBC. Ya better start chilling that frosty mug now, babooo.....bub ;)

Ok fine
Elvis likes IBC-(little kids drink);)

I have not heard from Mr Someone
or Dr. Who.:mad: re this bet on GW's re-election.:eyebrow:

I suspect Dr Who would prefer some phoo-phoo drink w/a splash of Kiwi juice in it or something.;)
And Mr Someone will prolly wanna get drunk on Snapple.;)
Any other takers?
:D

After 3 Diet Cokes I consume I'll prolly be hopping around worse than halfstar on No Doz I suspect..
Diamond

diamond said:
I dont recall Canada being the epi-center of ALL modern-medicine..do you?:eyebrow:

no i don't either. neither have i heard the term used to describe the states though so...

fact is there is no such place in reality...but again whole other thread.

i'm pretty sure diabetics are pretty grateful for canadian medical research;)

Elvis said:
Kobe-

ignore poor diamond. unfortunately he hasn't had the priviledge of ADVANCED MEDICAL CARE since he was dropped on his head as a young baboon.

the elephant couldn't even give it to him?
;)

diamond said:
I do KNOW this most ppl all OVER THE WORLD are flown to THE USA for ADVANCED medical care..I dont recall Canada being the epi-center of ALL modern-medicine..do you?:eyebrow:

I do remember in 2000 we had some royalty from Saudi fly into Integris Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (U.S.A.) for some specialized medical care

z edge said:

I do remember in 2000 we had some royalty from Saudi fly into Integris Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (U.S.A.) for some specialized medical care

ummmmmmmmmmm, politics maybe?
not to suggest that there isn't specialized health care at all, in fact it probably is the best in the world but to say the 'epicentre'...

your hospitals also treat many of the injured NFL players;)

Elvis said:
Looks like someone hasn't read my previous post about the use of the word 'NAZI'.

http://forum2.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46901&highlight=nazi

Let me give you some advice Bubba:

Two words not to use SO liberally: 'fucking' and 'nazi'

I'm not a Bush supporter by any means, but you really need to get your head outta the cave.

Sorry, but it seems to me Dr Teeth compared Bush to Hitler:

DrTeeth said:

Is Blair to Bush what Mussolini was to Hitler?

I grant I could have misinterpreted that comment, but I've seen no evidence for it - no post where Dr Teeth said, "Bubba, that's not what I meant."

First, I wasn't calling ANYONE a Nazi: I was responding to Dr Teeth's comparison between Bush and Hitler.

My question is, if calling someone a Nazi is bad (and it is), is comparing someone to HITLER an acceptable act?

Back
Top Bottom