It is NOT the ECONOMY Stupid for Presidentail Approval Ratings in America - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2002, 10:41 PM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Salome
I'll take a guess
Clinton would have realised that his popularity would go through the roof by bombing just about anything that one could possible bomb out there and do just so

This is by far the most idiotic thing I've ever read.

If the 9/11 attacks had been carried out against your country you'd understand the need for action.

Standing down in the face of evil due to cowardess is just as bad and conceding to it. You dont' seem to understand Salome....you can't negotiate with terrorists who do not value their own lives.

If you looking for a reason to slam the US.....find another one salome...this one has been done before ( please paste sound of beating of dead horse). You seem to love to bash the US....but you never seem to come up with any alternatives to what the US is doing in the war on terror....why is that???

and if your going to talk big do yourself a favor...get a nick that's a little more masculine. Salome..is a girls name

Old 06-25-2002, 10:47 PM   #32
Refugee

Local Time: 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways
You are insulting Winston Churchill just by mentioning him in the same sentence as GW Bush. Please point out the parrallels between these two men. I am curious.
Churchill had to clean up the mess made by his predecessor, a predecessor who did very little to effectively counter the ever-growing threats of a madman, and Churchill did so not by doing the easiest thing, but by doing the RIGHT thing.

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!"

"Great harm has been done to us. We have suffered great loss. And in our grief and anger we have found our mission and our moment. Freedom and fear are at war. The advance of human freedom -- the great achievement of our time, and the great hope of every time -- now depends on us. Our nation -- this generation -- will lift a dark threat of violence from our people and our future. We will rally the world to this cause by our efforts, by our courage. We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail."

Parallels between Bush and Churchill? I must be INSANE.

So go ahead, everyone. Let's keep comparing Bush to Hitler. The comparisons are so close. I mean, Bush is such a fascist, appointing a CHRISTIAN (gasp!) to become Attorney General and detaining American citizens who have done nothing more than align themselves with our enemy - an enemy that killed over 3,000 civilians by ramming hijacked passenger jets into office buildings.

Oh, and BUSH supports ISRAEL! How NAZI is that! 'Cause, y'know, when I think of the Fuhrer, I think "Zionist."

Unbe-fucking-lievable.

Old 06-26-2002, 01:41 AM   #33
you are what you is

Quote:
Originally posted by z edge

Thats just an ongoing arrogant attitude and I am really disgusted by it. As a government civilian for the air force and a former soldier of the army, I am sick and fucking tired of being portrayed as "reckless cowboys, war-mongering, bombastic", or whatever else you want to throw up there.
ummm, I don't think I described reckless cowboys etc etc
I think Clinton would have bombed just about anything just as Bush Jr did
and a very important reason to do this is not because they have any idea what exactly they are bombing but because (the majority of) the US citizens expects their president to react this way

not only the US citizens feel this way, people all over the world feel this way
personally I don't see that much wrong with the US doing that
we can talk about it all day and night but you are the only world power left
if the US doesn't react to these kinds of things nobody will

but it's good to see my post being judged as typical blind hatred towards the US
it helps me to understand how elaborate my posts should be over here to prevent people to jumping to conclusions already formed in their mind before I even post anything

(thanks for also adding a little abuse towards my country
a country you clearly know near to nothing about
I knew you'd understand)
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 06-26-2002, 03:20 AM   #34
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:12 AM
Slomey, I was just about to say something similar. I guessed from your 1st post you were referring to the bombing. Not America, not the specific prez etc etc.
In the same vein, I sincerely doubt Dr Teeth was comparing Bush TO Hitler, more comparing the relationship that Bush has with Blair to that of Mussolini/Hitler. Different things. No one is accusing your prez of being Hitler like.

And lets stop the Europe bashing. If we cant, then no one complain the next time someone raises a doubt about America. Its the same thing kids.
Old 06-26-2002, 07:16 AM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

I see this thread has degenerated. Am I ultimately surprised?

Melon
Old 06-26-2002, 10:03 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon
I see this thread has degenerated
read-re-read-post is the lesson.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:15 AM   #37
Refugee

it's degenarated because someone seems to think that the US is a bunch of war mongering barbarians who look for oppurtunities to kill people for no reason.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:21 AM   #38
you are what you is

thank you Arun
you make me feel special
even though you obviously don't even read my posts

but hey
as long as we are all having fun
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 06-26-2002, 10:27 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Arun V
it's degenarated because someone seems to think that the US is a bunch of war mongering barbarians who look for oppurtunities to kill people for no reason.
that's not what he said.

Quote:
salome:
Clinton would have realised that his popularity would go through the roof by bombing just about anything that one could possible bomb out there and do just so
[paraphrase]clinton recognizes american people want action on this(and it would thus consequently help his popularity rating) so he took action by bombing the host nation of the suspected terrorist group.[/paraphrase]

Quote:
Arun:
If the 9/11 attacks had been carried out against your country you'd understand the need for action.
[paraphrase]well that's what salome said isn't it? he just framed it within a prez's popularity rating rising.[/paraphrase]

Quote:
Arun:
war mongering barbarians who look for oppurtunities to kill people for no reason.
Quote:
Z edge:
reckless cowboys, war-mongering, bombastic
which thread are you guys reading? i don't see either of those statements in salomes post, either in evident or inferential form.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:33 AM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I think Salome may have been taken out of context. Are you guys sure that you're not just uber-sensitive and starting to see insinuations where they don't exist?

Old 06-26-2002, 10:38 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4
I think Salome may have been taken out of context. Are you guys sure that you're not just uber-sensitive and starting to see insinuations where they don't exist?
yep. everyone needs to chill.
or not.
it's up to you.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:41 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

This is by far the most idiotic thing I've ever read.

and if your going to talk big do yourself a favor...get a nick that's a little more masculine. Salome..is a girls name
Old 06-26-2002, 11:10 AM   #43
Refugee

I've read enough of your posts

Quote:
I'll take a guess

so what's the implication there...that the United states ppl support bombing countries for no reason??????

I will say this though...the only thing equally disgusting as that statement is diamonds unconditional ass kissing of republicans

Quote:
thank you Arun
you make me feel special
even though you obviously don't even read my posts

but hey
as long as we are all having fun
Old 06-26-2002, 11:17 AM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
I've read enough of your posts
i'm tired
Old 06-26-2002, 12:10 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

Alright,now listen you little jackasses who will remain NAMELESS in this thread as I will attempt to bring some semblence of order back in this discussion here.

A certain fellow consistently makes unflattering/unsavory comments towards the US (who not by volunteering , but out of NECESSITY) has spearheaded the global war on terror. The world has RALLIED to the US's cause.
DEAL WITH IT.
Even Bono has RALLIED and endorsed this effort.(when MANY on these BOARDS almost a yr ago said Bono would remain neutral)-the self-appointed Bono spokes person crowd.-We all know them. They were WRONG.

Alot here have entered this disscusion w/politeness which is apprecited.

The topic was about GWs character to LEAD IN A CRISIS..which he is EXCELING AT. Much to the AGGRAVATION of SOME HERE, guess what?
YOU CANNOT take that from him. Deal with that.

And lastly some little guitar player needs to quell his tounge and work on his chords.
Hope this clarifies the issuses.

thank you
Peace
out-

diamond