It happened AGAIN - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2004, 06:14 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 05:14 AM
It happened AGAIN

Another SUV full of Americans killed, burned, hung from a bridge, Iraqis dancing in the streets

http://news.yahoo.com/?tmpl=story&ci..._mi_ea/iraq_26

Old 06-14-2004, 06:39 PM   #2
The Fly

i try and stay out of this forum, and i don't have the biggest support for this war in iraq, but if we see them celebrating after killing our guys, why don't we fucking bomb the fuck out of them? we just kinda sit there, why not drop a few bombs on these guys, they're obviously not the ones that want to help us build a new iraq (and we need all the help we can get). sorry, but this story (i was gonna post it) really pisses me off.

Old 06-14-2004, 06:47 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Damn.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:02 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:14 PM
I wonder if anyone in the Arab world is bothered by these displays? There was plenty of outrage from the prison abuse photos, but there is relative silence when these scenes are shown.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:56 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Oh, I'd imagine plenty of Arabs are upset about the killings and such. They don't make the evening news.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:57 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:14 PM
Why not?
Old 06-14-2004, 08:07 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:14 AM
That's tragic for the families of those who died. Totally unacceptable and unjustified, and yes, the Arab world needs to take a long hard look at itself. But what do we really expect from them, they've behaved appallingly on behalf of the Palestinians they claim to love so much, this is not much different.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:17 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Perhaps some people who aren't famous. Then again the idiots dancing in the streets aren't famous either.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:19 PM   #9
New Yorker

I read the article twice and yes many celebrated the initial burning, nobody was hung from any bride and bystanders helped the wounded.

Don't get me wrong it stinks and I hate the killing, but it didn't go down the way the post said.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:18 AM   #10
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 06:14 AM
CampbellMSU:
You're really surprised that they are upset?
They have bin a colony for a long time after that they god a dictator which was supported a long time by the western world (same situation with the dictators left and right of their country)
Maybe their kids were killed by US WMDs (Cluster Bombs), maybe their friends were tortured in a prison maybe their wife was raped by US MPs and that could be a reason.

So you are surprised that they hate people who invaded their country who told them they will be liberated and all they got was more violence and terrorism on their streets?

And your answer is: "why don't we fucking bomb the fuck out of them?"
And then you will be surprised that even more people hate the western world so much that they'll give their life to bomb the shit out of us?

Oh well, they are evil because they target civilians - we are good because we target an enemy country and bomb the shit out of them?

Of course it's wrong to celebrate when somebody gets killed but we don't have to go to iraq to see that people are willing to celebrate that somebody where they think it's their enemy gets killed.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:33 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by CampbellMSU
i try and stay out of this forum, and i don't have the biggest support for this war in iraq, but if we see them celebrating after killing our guys, why don't we fucking bomb the fuck out of them? we just kinda sit there, why not drop a few bombs on these guys, they're obviously not the ones that want to help us build a new iraq (and we need all the help we can get). sorry, but this story (i was gonna post it) really pisses me off.

No wonder you try to stay out of this forum, you'll end up with posts like Klaus's, telling you how evil Americans are as if these idiots are the poor victims and we somehow deserve it and their hate is justified. Well if their hate is justified, Klaus, maybe ours is too.

Quote:
As the police left, the crowd poured kerosene into one of the vehicles and set it on fire. Heavy, black smoke poured from the vehicle. About 20 youths danced around a charred body.
That is pathetic. Yes, worse than putting panties on a guy's head and making him act like a dog. Youths dancing around a charred body? What kind of inhumananity is that? So Klaus, those electrical workers from here, England and France deserved that? There is no excuse for this behavior.

My husband never really talks unless he's drunk, but last Friday night he went on a tirade about things like this. I won't even post all his comments out of fear of flames, but he was very fed up with the people over there and the the people here and around the world who continue to take up for them. It was a lot like what Campbell said and a lot more. He went into a raging tirade against liberals, pussyfooting around worrying about offending people, and said to all of you who defend those types, why, they'd just as soon chop off your head and put it on the internet!
Old 06-15-2004, 08:55 AM   #12
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:14 PM
Funny how we all come back to the same point, no matter where we're from or our political beliefs. Some things are truly universal.

Good point nbc...Indeed.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:56 AM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:14 PM
I think that those Iraqis in Baghdad have put up with 2 decades of standard dictatorship with 1 decade of being fucked over by Saddam very very badly while he abused the Oil for Food Program and placing the blame for suffering on the US and Israel. They have no education, jobs or hope and see the US as the enemy. We have to prove to them what a liberal democracy is and what it offers, when you have a new economic system (which takes a shitload of work I might add) the humanitarian situation changes and things for everybody get better. I suspect that as the situation in the country continues to get better the ill will towards the US forces and violence against it will only decrease if the pace continues, we have seen this general trend in the south with the Shiites who we lost a lot of good will with in '91 by allowing Saddam to quell the uprising (now there was a real uprising, non of this uppety dipshit Muqtada Sadr BS, that was hundreds of thousands killed with attack helicopters going all out in Basra, we havent seen anything like it during the occupation).

They may be victims of circumstance but that doesnt change the facts, if they act like animals and pour kerosene onto a crashed car with bodies inside it they should recieve no sympathy from anybody and must find themsleves facing the business end of an M16. The sooner they get jobs and have an interest in seeing their country suceed the sooner we won't have to worry about this shit.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:59 AM   #14
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 06:14 AM
NBC:
I remember that Hamas condemed the beheading of the US citizen i wonder if that statement made it to the US media.

U2Kitten:
Sure it is and as soon as someone's posting in this forum who wants to justify bombings in the US as a revenge i'd tell him that it's as stupid as Bombing Iraq for revenge.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:07 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
they act like animals
Please, my cats are offended as they have more sense

Klaus- so you think those people trying to rebuild the electric plant deserved that outrage? That kind of blanket hatred and rage for a particular group is something you're against, isn't it? Or is it okay as long as it's somebody you hate?