It happened AGAIN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
verte76 said:
I think that sometimes the U.S. politicians are lying, because they do it. Sometimes the Iraqis are lying, because they do too. It is hard for me to trust *anyone* with alot of power.

I don't either, because I believe people are liars and cheats anyway if they have gotten into a place of authority. Honest men do not prosper in power and politics.

I also believe anyone in any country is very capable of and very likely to slant things, change things or lie outright to achieve their goals. If the Iraqis felt lying, exaggerating or distorting the truth would help further sway public opinion against the US, I have no doubt they'd do it.

What's getting to me is the Iraqis = :angel: :cute: and the US = :macdevil: :mac: slant on things I have seen in so many posts here.

People can make fun of PLEBA all they want, I'd much rather argue about Bono's hair or Edge's beanie than to get my nerves torn up over stuff like this :tsk:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
What's getting to me is the Iraqis = :angel: :cute: and the US = :macdevil: :mac: slant on things I have seen in so many posts here.

I don't agree with this either. Americans can and do lie, but the same is true of Iraqis, and generally politicians all over the globe. By the same token there are honest Iraqis and honest Americans--generally, the ones who don't have any power and are just minding their own business and do their lives.

U2Kitten said:

As for the video, where is it, on some obscure pro Iraqi radical website? I wouldn't believe that either unless there was an entire scene of at least a half hour leading up to it. It's easy to take a shot and say it's peaceful protesters being shot, but where is the proof and evidence? I'm cynical about this because of people I know personally. I know people who take things out of context, conveniently leave out what they did wrong to try to frame the other person up. They will do this telling stories and doctoring emails, so I'm sure editing a tape, or only broadcasting the part that suits their needs is out of the question. See, I'm very skeptical too, but I don't believe anybody is above doing something like that.

I saw it on PBS's Frontline. They're sllightly more objective and respected than some random Iraqi website. :wink: I'll try to find some more information for you.

U2Kitten said:

If it really were a baby milk factory, would the writing be that small, just on that one piece of debris, and in black stencil and spraypaint?Wouldn't it be much larger, and in Arabic? Why English? That was propaganda for OUR benefit, to try to trick Americans who saw it. I wasn't fooled. I believe some people want to be fooled, because they hate our government so much they get off on seeing anything that makes it look bad. (lots of them post here!) This was ridiculous.

I stand corrected. I did some research, and what you say
is true.
It was built by the French in 1977 ( or so), and its
purpose was a baby milk factory. The French also sold the
Iraqi's the machines to make the milk.
It was CNN that broke the story that the US bombed
this baby milk factory. ( Peter Arnett)
Anyways, in 1990, Richard Roth with CNN had his doubts
about this story. He went to the site and was greeted by "workers" wearing uniforms which read in English
" Iraq Baby Milk Factory."
He thought this very odd, as do I now. LOL!
Seems Peter Arnett, who made the initial report, failed to check
out the back of plant. There were machines made in Austria
who's purpose it now seems was to make biological compounds.
The Bush govt. ( # 1) said this place was heavily armed with
guards. Armed guards for a milk factory? Ok....something fishy
was going on there.

Last edited:
Yeah I remember people laughing about that back then, the English "Baby Milk Factory" words were for our benefit, but everybody who I knew who watched it laughed, it was such a lame attempt.

I hear stuff all the time that they say we did, but we don't really know the truth. I'm sure all sides lie a lot, and most people choose to believe what they want to believe based on who they want to look bad. I don't really believe anyone anymore :sigh:

BTW I heard they beheaded that other American guy that was being held hostage :sad:

Here's the link

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5196406/?GT1=3584

no need for another thread, it will only end up like this one :censored:

My deepest sympathies to Mr. Johnson's family. May he find peace in paradise.

I don't think anyone here wants to hear what I think of the monsters who did this :censored:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
Yeah I remember people laughing about that back then, the English "Baby Milk Factory" words were for our benefit, but everybody who I knew who watched it laughed, it was such a lame attempt.

Damn if they weren't trying to use babies for political purposes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom