Israel bombings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amna is correct in that Arafat has made SOME effort towards peace. He wants an independent Palestinian state, and he is the leader of the Palestinian Authority. Hamas, Hezbollah, and Islamic Jihad are terrorist organizations, and they went the Jewish people expelled from the Holy Land. Arafat has gone to the table a few times to seek a peaceable solution. Former Israeli Prime Minister Barak did as well. Sharon, however, is a hardliner, but even Sharon has made positive steps in this direction. But whenever he has done this (usually under pressure from Powell or Bush, such as the recent pullback from the settlement areas), some evil terrorist attack has been committed by one of the terrorist organizations.

Arafat's problem is that he is a bit too stubborn and complacent in responding to such attacks. But it really pisses me off and frustrates me that yesterday, after Arafat ordered raids of suspected hideouts from last weekend's bombings, Sharon bombs a Palestinian police station. Does Sharon not wish to give him a chance to bring the suspects to justice?

And if Arafat is gone, who will lead the Palestinians? Probably a true radical. Take your pick.

Let me close with this:

I think it is HILARIOUS that an attempted "suicide bomber" succeded only in blowing himself up earlier this week with his little attack.

~U2Alabama

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 12-07-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom