Isn't this cool?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I just got this from Cure Autism Now (in case you don't know I am autistic). It's really heart-warming. Some of you may recall that Bono was involved in a Dublin fund-raiser for Irish autism charities last summer.

David Gallagher, who plays "Simon" on the WB's Seventh Heaven was recently named as one of the 20 "Teens Who Will Change The World." His brother has autism, and he has recently joined Cure Autism Now as Youth Ambassador.

From Teen People:

20 TEENS WHO WILL CHANGE THE WORLD
David Gallagher, 18
Actor, autism activist; Los Angeles
ROLE OF A LIFETIME: "I play Simon on 7th Heaven, and while a lot of actors credit themselves with making a difference through acting, that wasn't enough for me. So last summer I became youth ambassador for Cure Autism Now (CAN). I raise awareness about autism [a developmental disability that causes difficulties in communication] and money to help find a cure."
MOTIVATION: "My little brother Killian Casey was diagnosed with autism three years ago. That made it personal. I told CAN's director, 'I'm not the biggest celebrity, but I'll do anything.'"
BEST PERFORMANCE: "One time I spoke at a banquet in Seattle, and it was a little nerve-racking. But I spoke from the heart and talked about my relationship with my brother. People said my speech made them cry. We raised more than $200,000."
BROTHERLY LOVE: "I admire my brother a lot. He's six now, and his new thing is to play follow the leader with me. He has never lost his smile. That's something everyone can aspire to."
HOW HE'LL CHANGE THE WORLD: "There's virtually no U.S. government money going to autism research. If I can do anything to help find a cure, then I will have helped my brother and others like him more than I could have imagined."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom