Islam condemns Israeli actions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonofnattic

The Fly
I am beginning to think that the entire world is full o' crap. Firstly, the statement by one Palestinian supporter that "One cannot condemn the terrorists (in Israel), because we must ask for what reasons someone would be willing to give-up their life", which was made at an Islamic conference. At said conference, most leaders "condemned Israel" and were "furious" at Israeli actions.....

What the !@#%% is that crap? OK, I know that Noam Chomsky thinks that any state supported by the US is just shyte, but the only thing I'm hearing.....on a friggin' DAILY basis, is about Palestinian terrorists sacrificing not only THEIR lives, but the lives of families just out to shop or eat dinner. That's evil and cowardly.

Same thing goes for any Israeli cowards wearing a bomb to blow up Palestinian families who are shopping or eating dinner.

Or any other race, creed, nationality, or religion.

But, they should quit "condemning" a country's defensive (key word) actions for, what, SIX suicide missions as of the past few days(?)!!

Yup, everyone's joining the "blame Israel" wagon. You can go and blow yourself up in a crowded restaurant, killing dozens of civilians (including some arab Israelis) and it's "justified," because you're under occupation and we have to sympathise with your suffering. But try and defend yourself from terrorists and people say you're commiting genocide. That double standard is disgusting...

Originally posted by lady lemonade:
Yup, everyone's joining the "blame Israel" wagon. You can go and blow yourself up in a crowded restaurant, killing dozens of civilians (including some arab Israelis) and it's "justified," because you're under occupation and we have to sympathise with your suffering. But try and defend yourself from terrorists and people say you're commiting genocide. That double standard is disgusting...

Wow. This is a very volatile subject and I hate to say anything, but I see what you mean. Blowing up people having dinner at a religious celebration, ooh it doens't get much lower than that. How could anyone possibly believe they will go to Heaven and be a martyr for doing that? I know there are conflicting cultures there, but haven't the terrorists ever learned by now that they will not get what they want by such means? It only makes Israel angrier and strenghtens their anti-terrorist resolve.

I know I haven't lived their lives or been part of their culture, but looking at it from here it's kind of crazy. The Palestinians may be mad that they lost their land, but guess what? If you look through history, it has happened a lot, and they weren't the first and they won't be the last. Sure it sucks, but shit happens, and you can't let it destroy you! I hate to put it this way, but, maybe it's time they get over it! Their hatred is killing them and everyone involved.

Another thing that bothers me about the double standard Lady Lemon spoke of is that people will justify anything the Palestinians do because of their religion- well what about the Israeli people? Their religion told them that God gave them that land and it's the promised land, so they feel they have a right to it too. Someone mentioned it would be the same for 'an Israeli coward wearing a bomb' and I wanted to say that they don't 'wear' bombs. They don't do suicide missions. Their attacks are eye-for-an-eye revenge retaliation, which is just as much based on their religion as the Muslim extremists views are their brand of theirs. BTW I am not a member of either religion and have no ties to eiter nationality, it's just the way it looks to me. *ducks from terrorists chasing her down for her views*
eek.gif

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

"Their attacks are eye-for-an-eye revenge retaliation, which is just as much based on their religion as the Muslim extremists views are their brand of theirs."

Many Palestinians have already come to the fact that they lost their land... Doesn't mean they have to be prisoners of their own home in the West Bank.
At the same time, Killing one self in the name of god, is like setting a match under a pool of water. ITS USELESS AND STUPID, AND THINGS WON'T GET BETTER. IT'S A SELFISH AND EVIL ACT.

It's sad to see all this war crap. I think there's no justification for killing another person. But, I don't believe that the IDF has followed the EYE FOR AN EYE THEORY... If you study history, you'll learn many things that you might have never known (to many, u can read it teach yourself by reading a good book called, THE ARAB-ISRAELI CONFLICT, it has a good description on its history.

Sharon has the odasity to step into the World Trade Center bomb area and pay his condolenses, while he killed over 5000 men, women, and children at a camp in Lebanon... And never did he pay condolenses for his own actions there.
You ask me, I HATE WAR, I HATE TERRORISM... It doesn't mean I have to support sharon. People in America already see Arafat for his bad deeds... But, I think its time the West (US) recognized the higher criminal (sharon) in this situation and not support him .

sorry for my choppy writing, it's late.

Back
Top Bottom