is this The Big One?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dismantled said:
Haven't they all been "The Big One" recently? It just seems like they always say that.

neverless they have all been really scary storms, I hope everyone in its path stays safe!:hug:

The "Big One" nonsense is just media hype. It happens every so often in California as we wait for the next BIG earthquake. Toss is a few pictures of collapsed buildings and some generic seismology statements and you have cooked up a news story.

Hurricane Wilma is no "bigger" than Hurricane Katrina or Rita. And if you have a house built of sticks or, even worse, a mobile home in these hurricane zones, then you'll see destruction on a much lesser hurricane anyway.

Melon

nbcrusader said:

The "Big One" nonsense is just media hype. It happens every so often in California as we wait for the next BIG earthquake. Toss is a few pictures of collapsed buildings and some generic seismology statements and you have cooked up a news story.

yeah...I hate how the media sensationalizes everything. I don't doubt for a second these storms are horrible, but the news always makes it seem like the end of the world.

They do that for snow storms here too. "You must go home now!!! This will be the worst blizzard to hit VT in 8575 years!!! No power for 345 days!!! All trees with collapse under the ice!!! All roads will be impassible!!!!!!

Then it snows like it does every storm..

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
Hey YBORCITYOBL......welcome to the "hunker down club"....I've been this way since last hurricane season....and I can't "unhunker" myself. I remember a number of years back we had a hurricane strength storm I believe it was in March....they called it the "unnamed storm"....remembered it ripped the skylight off my roof.

:|

I'm thinking of taking up haarp lessons....but a good harp is hard to find..... :shifty:

You're right on the Unhunkering remark. I remember that march storm pretty vividly. Where about are you in this wonderful state of well I'll just stop there?

MrsSpringsteen said:
stay safe wizard2c and everyone else here affected

I am hoping and praying for the best for all concerned
yes.

Currently it looks poised to do some devastating damage to the Yucatan, home to a lot of very poor people as well as a lot of economically crucial resorts.

Dismantled said:

yeah...I hate how the media sensationalizes everything. I don't doubt for a second these storms are horrible, but the news always makes it seem like the end of the world.

They do that for snow storms here too. "You must go home now!!! This will be the worst blizzard to hit VT in 8575 years!!! No power for 345 days!!! All trees with collapse under the ice!!! All roads will be impassible!!!!!!

Then it snows like it does every storm..

Yeah, the media sensationalizes these storms. Wilma has had Category 5 status, that's what they're focusing on. It will be a 3 by the time it makes landfall in Florida. It'll be ferocious but they're all like that.

Hurricane forecasters:
Especially like the speeding up and slowing down, then you go loop-the-loop, take a sharp right turn once you reach the Gulf of Mexico and then you got your spaghetti models.....I don't know if I should eat after listening to all this...I'm getting Vertigo................now I'm wobbly.............:faint:

Back
Top Bottom