Is this good enough reason to Close or Secure the border more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mattgerth said:

Why not? Enlighten me.

Again What were the guns for if they didn't plan on using them?

Who was forced out of their home, or their country?

No one is arguing the purpose of the guns. But if you know anything about policing, it's considered succesful if no one got hurt. They didn't cross over, therefore there's no law, punishable by the US, that was broken.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

No one is arguing the purpose of the guns. But if you know anything about policing, it's considered succesful if no one got hurt. They didn't cross over, therefore there's no law, punishable by the US, that was broken.

So let me get this straight. You think people should obey the law, but not if your an illegal immigrant. So you support them coming in?

You seem to defend any action that is against the US. So what if there poor and come here for better jobs. What about the hundreds of thousands of people who actually respect the law.

Let's say shots were fired at the National Guard and those shots were coming from across the border, then I would consider that an act of war.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

They were forced OFF of their POST in THEIR COUNTRY. Why is this so hard for you to understand? I was a police officer and a soldier and being successful is stopping and preventing crimes from happening. Sometimes the bad guys get hurt or killed and they know the risks. If you want to be MORE effective at keeping people from getting hurt then you should increase the presence at the border and make it known that they will be dealt with by any means necessary. It is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE that armed people are invading my country.

Justin, I grow tired of your constant overgeneralization of illegal mexican immigrants. It is borderline racist, assuming that all of them are evil and want to steal your identity. You always speak ill of them, and stereotype them. Years ago my relatives crossed the border illegally. They have never stolen anybody's name or number.

They don't come over to steal anything. They are looking for work. If you're gonna be mad at anybody, be mad at these corporations that are giving out these job opportunities, requiring the illegal immigrants to work more hours, under worse conditions, and for less money than american citizens. They do this so they can exploit cheap labor, because they are targeting vulnerable immigrants who are more concerned with earning money for their families than fighting for human rights (though, people are getting more educated about the issue, and that is changing some).

Seriously, have you been to Mexico? Have you experienced life on the border there? It is an extremely chaotic and tense way of life, the culture there is far different than anywhere else.

Can you just try to have some faith in humanity? Not everyone is out to get you.

I did not say everyone RHS. I said nothing that is Borderline racist. My mom is from Guatemala. I have been to Mexico once. Yes blame the corporations. Also Blame the Mexican gov't for doing a half assed job at building a stable economy.

Justin24 said:
Yes blame the corporations. Also Blame the Mexican gov't for doing a half assed job at building a stable economy.

Yes I agree with you on those points but whenever the discussion of mexican immigrants comes up you make statments accusing them of belonging to some criminal gang or something or say they are going to steal people's identities.

i'm just saying that perhaps you should be more careful in your generalization of people. they are not all part of some evil coalition like you assume too often. everybody has a different story to tell.

Last edited:
redhotswami said:
If you're gonna be mad at anybody, be mad at these corporations that are giving out these job opportunities..

Good point! They should fine the living shit out of these companies and put their CEO's in the slammer!

Not everyone is out to get you.

Just the illegal’s crossing the border with guns!

1. Listen RHS, Is it a crime to cross illegally??

2. Does that make them criminals for crossing if there is a law in place?

I know 99% do not belong to a crime organization but for them to yell and demand amnesty when they (read #1,2) while hundreds of thousands go through the proper channels?? Is that fair?

yes, obviously it is a crime to cross illegally. hence the term "illegal". perhaps that is my own fault for using the wrong term for the message i am trying to convey.

what i'm saying is to be wary of generalizing people, assuming the worst. not everyone that crosses the border is from MS-13.

the previous post will be edited.

Justin24 said:

So let me get this straight. You think people should obey the law, but not if your an illegal immigrant. So you support them coming in?
No, I'm just showing you how ridiculous your double standard is.
Justin24 said:

You seem to defend any action that is against the US. So what if there poor and come here for better jobs. What about the hundreds of thousands of people who actually respect the law.
You know, I'm getting sick and tired of your jumping to illogical conclusions!!! Where the fuck did I ever say this?
Justin24 said:

Let's say shots were fired at the National Guard and those shots were coming from across the border, then I would consider that an act of war.
Well you would be wrong!!! Was it the Mexican Military? If not, you'd be ridiculously wrong...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

No, I'm just showing you how ridiculous your double standard is.

You know, I'm getting sick and tired of your jumping to illogical conclusions!!! Where the fuck did I ever say this?

Well you would be wrong!!! Was it the Mexican Military? If not, you'd be ridiculously wrong...

again did you watch the video?? Or does it show to much proof of what I talk about?

redhotswami said:

you know, with that kind of thinking, there really is no need for a physical wall to be built. you already have one within your own heart.

Ahh how cute. Your right, I am going to open my heart and border to everyone! Come one come all and don't forget to bring your guns, drugs and crime. Free hugs over here.

redhotswami said:
yes, obviously it is a crime to cross illegally. hence the term "illegal". perhaps that is my own fault for using the wrong term for the message i am trying to convey.

what i'm saying is to be wary of generalizing people, assuming the worst. not everyone that crosses the border is from MS-13.

the previous post will be edited.

Do you think it's true that Illegal immigration brings down wages?

Justin24 said:

Do you think it's true that Illegal immigration brings down wages?

no i think it is the reverse. i think companies looking to exploit people and maximize profits encourage illegal immigration. if they were required to give fair wages, then people would be hired because of skill and talent, and not because of ethnicity.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Did I say it was acceptable? Where did anyone say this?

But your logic was that they deserved more.

My logic is that the guardsmen should have STOOD THEIR GROUND by any means necessary.

mattgerth said:

My logic is that the guardsmen should have STOOD THEIR GROUND by any means necessary.

That's a really quick way to wind up with a half-dozen dead American servicemen.

Lord knows you're already losing too many of them as it is.

DaveC said:

Yeah, I can see how this would be a real critical issue in New Jersey. :rolleyes:

Your logic being that it is not in my backyard so I shouldn't give a damn. In any event New Jersey is a shithole and I will be leaving it shortly, going to a place that has recently had rather large influx of illegal immigrants.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

So basically it's a chest pounding pride issue with you? :rolleyes:

You of all people should not be talking, living in Texas I believe? Didn't you say that your family owned a farm? Are your helpers of illegal or legal status?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

So basically it's a chest pounding pride issue with you? :rolleyes:

Yeah I suppose we can avoid the issue and come up with some more cute little sayings since you can't come up with a real reason as to why we should let these people do as they please. So basically it's a bleeding heart liberal thing with you?:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom