Is this for real ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rono

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
homeland.jpg

nbcrusader said:
Don't people do this without the sign? Without Homeland Security? Neighborhood Watch groups have been around for decades.
So, this i the way to protect your freedom,...

When i did see this sign the first thing i thought about is stasi,..

The sign may be cheesy, but if it gives some people a sense of security, then why not post it? The more alert people are, the better.

Here is a good reason as to why people should keep their eyes open.

"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- An Arab-American pleaded guilty Wednesday in Oregon to conspiring to aid the Taliban.

Maher (Mike) Hawash previously fought the charges publicly but agreed to a deal with prosecutors that includes his testimony against five other suspected supporters of al Qaeda.

Hawash's neighbors became suspicious after the September 11 terrorist attacks and called the FBI, according to the affidavit. One of the neighbors said Hawash was "spending more time at home following September 11, 2001" and "was not as friendly as usual."

"Following a visit by Hawash's mother in the spring of 2001, Hawash changed his attire from 'Western' clothing to 'Eastern' clothing, grew a beard and distanced himself from his neighbors," one neighbor said.

In a statement released by the Justice Department in conjunction with the plea deal, Hawash admitted he and his group were "prepared to take up arms and die as martyrs if necessary to defend the Taliban government, against the armed forces of the United States."

But I guess neighborhoods shouldn't support Homeland Security and these neighbors probably overreacted and are guilty of racial profiling.

Back
Top Bottom