Is this discrimination, bigorty or neither? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Is this discrimination?
Yes absolutely, the club owner is a bigot. 3 18.75%
No, the club owner was doing what he felt was right, and a gentleman in a dress should not be allowed in the ladies room 3 18.75%
diamondbruno7 once again you bring a brilliant discussion to the table. 2 12.50%
I need to know all the facts of the case, before I can ascertain a correct response. 8 50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #16
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
^ Only problem with that is, guys will just shoot away with the seat down and after that nobody wants to sit People are downright pigs in public johns, it's gross.
I dunno, I worked retail for years (in a large bookstore) and my closing shift duties often included a brief turn through both the men's and women's restrooms to make sure there wasn't anything that needed to be...taken care of before the cleaning crew arrived the next morning. And I have to say the women's restroom was usually in sadder shape than the men's. Partly because more TP usage is involved, so you get more TP on the floor, but also...how can I put this...I think a lot of (older?) women still have the idea that they're gonna get VD or AIDS or something if they actually sit on the seat. So instead they do the female equivalent of what you're describing...they squat above the seat, then don't bother to clean up the inevitable resulting mess.

Not that that has anything to do with transsexuals but...

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 08-09-2007, 08:32 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by yolland

I dunno, I worked retail for years (in a large bookstore) and my closing shift duties often included a brief turn through both the men's and women's restrooms to make sure there wasn't anything that needed to be...taken care of before the cleaning crew arrived the next morning. And I have to say the women's restroom was usually in sadder shape than the men's. Partly because more TP usage is involved, so you get more TP on the floor, but also...how can I put this...I think a lot of (older?) women still have the idea that they're gonna get VD or AIDS or something if they actually sit on the seat. So instead they do the female equivalent of what you're describing...they squat above the seat, then don't bother to clean up the inevitable resulting mess.

Not that that has anything to do with transsexuals but...
Ah I've been there And that's exactly what it is...guys can stand so sitting isn't an issue for them, but the women are forced to either sit or do the squat, with frightening results.

Don't they have some sort of female urinals though, I think they might be in Europe but could be wrong...

Old 08-09-2007, 11:05 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:48 AM
There are urinals for women, but as far as I know they are very rare.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:16 AM   #19
She's the One

Local Time: 12:48 AM
A bit tricky to use, as well.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #20
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan

Seriously? So you think if I choose to dress as/present myself as a woman I ought to be treated as a woman in every way, up to and including being allowed to use the women's bathroom, live in a women's dorm in college, play in the WNBA etc?

While I agree with the idea (if I see someone dressed as a woman, personally I'm treating them as a woman), I don't think it's really fair to call a woman a bigot if she expects the women's bathroom to be penis-free. I suppose we could just have unisex bathrooms, solves one issue anyway. Personally I don't see what the big deal is; I couldn't care less if a woman used the men's room.
Precisely. If you're presenting as a woman, you should be treated like one. That's it; that's all.