Is rap music one of the main contributions to youth delinquency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redhotswami said:

I had no idea that rap music was responsible for the implementation of the death penalty in the united states.

Were do you think the influence of the murderes come from in Oakland CA, Death toll so far this year is over 100 unsolved.

Justin24 said:
Because are Liberal society makes them weak. I know your going to flame me for that but, I think it's true.

That is complete bullshit!!!

I know you are much smarter than that Justin.

At least try and come up with an intelligent answer.

If you are going spew such shit, at least give an example.

An example of why kids are weak??? Parents is one, they need someone to look up to?? MTV I am guessing. What happened to looking up to such people as JFK, Ghandi, Mother Theresa or others. I can bet you they would not know who Mother Theresa or Ghandi were.

Justin24 said:

Were do you think the influence of the murderes come from in Oakland CA, Death toll so far this year is over 100 unsolved.

No, I think you missed my point. The death penalty has existed for ages. You said that instead of finding out what is wrong with society rap music encourages us to kill our enemies.

What I was saying was that there were structures in society that encouraged that way of thinking well before rap music existed, i.e., the death penalty.

Justin24 said:
An example of why kids are weak??? Parents is one, they need someone to look up to?? MTV I am guessing. What happened to looking up to such people as JFK, Ghandi, Mother Theresa or others. I can bet you they would not know who Mother Theresa or Ghandi were.

None of this explains your liberal society answer.

Come on, Justin!!!

BVS, please don't talk to other posters like that, I don't care how passionately you disagree.

[Featuring Mac, Kane & Abel]
[C-Murder]
Wha?
Ghetto boy
Just a lil' Ghetto Boy
Chorus
A lil', a lil', a lil', a lil', a lil', a lil'
Just a lil' ghetto boy x4
A million dollars don't mean shit to me
I'm from the streets with a hard hittin slang Ghetto D
Nigga and still makin moves with a sick click
Trick fuck a bitch, I gank with my dick
A young nigga from tha hood, it's all good
When I represent my city, I'm suckin on a bitch titty
And red alazay and 50 blunts rolled up
You wanna hit, then muthafucka hold up
Slow ya roll, get yo bank rolled, ain't it cold
I been slangin', since I was 10 years old
A lil' skinny muthafucka packin guns fuck a toy
Nigga, I'm just a lil' ghetto boy
Chorus x4
[Mac]
I'm just a ghetto boy, uptown rebel boy
Hot boy, fifty thousand dollar watch boy
These ghetto jails come from out of my grill
Ain't nuthin changed still bout that murder murder, kill kill
Into ghetto bitches, ghetto rides, ghetto wars
Ghetto food, got ghetto ways, I guess I'm just a ghetto star
I still hang on the set from time to time
Might slang a dime or two, just to remind the crew
Still ghetto keep a rag on my face
Representin' the place, I was talkin' grace
From bad news, you probably caught me bustin at fools
I keep it ghetto like bitches with baby daddy tatoos
[C-Murder]
Chorus x4
[Kane]
I'm ghetto like pissin in the streets smokin weed
Like hangers on TV or roaches crawling up your sleeve
Me, run with a mighty click, conglamorate sick
Leave haters on respirators, when this shit get thick
Bitch, I'm more ghetto than a high school drop out
When them hoes be fightin and they titty pop out

C-Murder http://lyrics.astraweb.com/

If someone wants to refute me w/ actual data, then I am all in favor of it, but I am also positive that:

(1) the US has more homicides per capita than any other country;

(2) vast majority of US homicides come from gunshoot wounds.

If you restrict guns, you reduce homicides. Every other first-world country has already figured this out. This so-called "downward spiral of youth culture" doesn't come from hip-hop or gangsta rap, it comes from the proliferation of guns.

Obligatory U2 content: check U2's "Bullet the Blue Sky" from Elevation Boston...

A liberal society tells kids it's ok to more free from parental control, to accept what is given to them, other wise it's racism, bigotry etc.. so you can't blame music(rap) for any problems.

LyricalDrug said:
If someone wants to refute me w/ actual data, then I am all in favor of it, but I am also positive that:

If you restrict guns, you reduce homicides. Every other first-world country has already figured this out. This so-called "downward spiral of youth culture" doesn't come from hip-hop or gangsta rap, it comes from the proliferation of guns.

Obligatory U2 content: check U2's "Bullet the Blue Sky" from Elevation Boston...

:up: There is more rap than just American rap. There are loads of others too. And these other countries still don't have quite the level gun violence that we have in the united states.

LyricalDrug said:
This so-called "downward spiral of youth culture" doesn't come from hip-hop or gangsta rap, it comes from the proliferation of guns.

But if you listened to Hip-Hop/Gangsta rap they talk about how there going to smoke the n---- with there piece.

Justin24 said:

But if you listened to Hip-Hop/Gangsta rap they talk about how there going to smoke the n---- with there piece.

So? How come no one gets mad when the same thing happens in The Sopranos or Goodfellas? It's just art, man. It's pretend, it's not real. Duh....

redhotswami said:

:up: There is more rap than just American rap. There are loads of others too. And these other countries still don't have quite the level gun violence that we have in the united states.

But the majority of rap here in the US is borderline trash music that influences kids. If Cigaretts and alchohal can do what it does to people, dont think music can't.

LyricalDrug said:

So? How come no one gets mad when the same thing happens in The Sopranos or Goodfellas? It's just art, man. It's pretend, it's not real. Duh....

But you do realize that with rap music, east coast west coast rap wars erupted.

LyricalDrug said:

That's such a specious argument... Besides, how do you restrict guns? If you put laws restricting guns into effect, guess who obeys them? The law abiding citizens. Criminals will get guns from other places and make the law abiding citizens more defenseless.

Justin24 said:
A liberal society tells kids it's ok to more free from parental control

Can you give examples of that?? A) I highly doubt we live in a "liberal society" B) I probably had more of a "liberal" upbringing than others, but that doesn't mean I felt like I was free from parental control.

LyricalDrug said:

Goodfellas and the Sopranos are not marketed to 10 year olds.

Justin24 said:

please please PLEASE do not intertwine Hip-Hop and Gangsta rap. As I said before they are two COMPLETELY different genres with different purposes and different messages behind the music.

It's cool BVS no problems. Come to San Francisco and you will find out what I am talking about RedHotSwami. This town is fucked up. We have city supervisors yelling for the resignation of a radio DJ for a comment he made about Gay Men and having babies with Lesbians, yet the same supervisors wanted to ban a christian concert that would have brought in Hundreds of thousands of dollars for the city. They accussed all the people attending to be gay bashers.

Justin24 said:

But the majority of rap here in the US is borderline trash music that influences kids. If Cigaretts and alchohal can do what it does to people, dont think music can't.

I suggest listening to some rap music from other countries. For the most part, the same themes are addressed. However, as was pointed out before, the violence is significantly different.

They may require a translation, but you can always use babelfish. It's more of a literal translation, but at least you will get the general idea.

Justin24 said:
A liberal society tells kids it's ok to more free from parental control, to accept what is given to them, other wise it's racism, bigotry etc.. so you can't blame music(rap) for any problems.

Examples Justin. Evidence Justin. Something...

Anyone can say liberal society says :blahblah:

redhotswami said:

please please PLEASE do not intertwine Hip-Hop and Gangsta rap. As I said before they are two COMPLETELY different genres with different purposes and different messages behind the music.

True different music; at least to degree. But the image is pretty much the same.

Justin24 said:
It's cool BVS no problems. Come to San Francisco and you will find out what I am talking about RedHotSwami. This town is fucked up. We have city supervisors yelling for the resignation of a radio DJ for a comment he made about Gay Men and having babies with Lesbians, yet the same supervisors wanted to ban a christian concert that would have brought in Hundreds of thousands of dollars for the city. They accussed all the people attending to be gay bashers.

Justin, as I said in an earlier post, I grew up on streets many others stayed away from. I lived in towns where rap music was the primary choice of genre. I can't speak for everyone in the town, but I myself am not a delinquent. So clearly there is something more serious at effect here than the music.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0IBX/is_6_9/ai_102658338

"Nelly's pumped-out new video got ya rap juices flowing? Ever wonder if hour upon hour of music video watching has any effect other than making your hip-hop dance skills off the hook? For a year, a group of researchers studied 522 14- to 18year-old girls who regularly watched rap videos. The study found that girls who watched the most rap vids per week were more likely to take drugs, get arrested and catch STDs. So what is it about rap videos that makes girls go wild? "It could be that they're seeing what other girls are doing in these videos and modeling what they see," says Gina Wingood, study co-author and associate professor of behavioral sciences and health education at Emory University. "They think that this is how you're supposed to be. This is the norm." Another key factor is a lack of parental supervision among the girls who watched rap more often. So, next time your'e getting down to your fave count down and Nelly croons, "I think I need to let fever. But don't get it loose ," sure, get dance all wrapped up in a more fake than it is glam."

Back
Top Bottom