Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-23-2008, 02:48 PM   #106
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 05:16 PM
It's hard to make a gaffe when the few media appearances you do make consist of hedging questions by robotically reciting Republican talking points that have little to do with what was specifically asked.

This whole thing is going to blow up for McCain, and I can't wait.
__________________

__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 09-23-2008, 02:51 PM   #107
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
It's hard to make a gaffe when the few media appearances you do make consist of hedging questions by robotically reciting Republican talking points that have little to do with what was specifically asked.

This whole thing is going to blow up for McCain, and I can't wait.


people simply must watch the Hannity interview.

it just defies description. unless you're the North Korean press.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 09-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #108
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,667
Local Time: 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
and it's obvious to any sentient being that *this* is what's truly sexist.
How so? It's fairly obvious to me that if the Democrats had chosen someone as unknown and questionable as Palin, that Republicans and conservatives would have come down equally as hard on this person, male or female.

I understand what Republican organizers are doing, I just think it's the wrong course of action to take and will eventually blow up in their collective faces.

Or maybe I misunderstood your point. It's been hard to understand your posts today that don't have a in them.




__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 09-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #109
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post



__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 09-23-2008, 03:08 PM   #110
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,667
Local Time: 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Gotcha.


__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 09-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #111
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
you think that him mistaking the teevee for the radio is comparable to an actual gaff like misunderstanding the fundamentals of Fannie Mae or having never heard of the Bush Doctrine?

seems like Biden's mistake is along the lines of McCain flubbing Czheckoslovakia.
You can read all about the "Bush Doctrine" here:
Charles Krauthammer :: Townhall.com :: Charlie Gibson's Gaffee

Quote:
Key points being--

1) There is no single meaning of the Bush doctrine. In fact, there have been four distinct meanings, each one succeeding another over the eight years of this administration -- and the one Charlie Gibson cited is not the one in common usage today.
2) I (Krauthammer) know something about the subject because, as the Wikipedia entry on the Bush doctrine notes, I was the first to use the term.
3) Presidential doctrines are inherently malleable and difficult to define. The only fixed "doctrines" in American history are the Monroe and the Truman doctrines
My only point about the Biden gaffe is... just imagine, just imagine, if Sarah Palin had been the one to say that yesterday. It would be THE lead story today. Instantly, no doubt, becoming THE GAFFE for the mainstream media and the online-left looking and waiting for her "potatoe moment."
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 09-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #112
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 05:16 PM
you see? i can post any nonsensical, illogical, borderline trollish shit if i just put the little right there, and then it just looks cute!
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 09-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #113
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
You can read all about the "Bush Doctrine" here:
Charles Krauthammer :: Townhall.com :: Charlie Gibson's Gaffee

yes, we'll take Mr. Krauthammer's word for it.



Quote:
My only point about the Biden gaffe is... just imagine, just imagine, if Sarah Palin had been the one to say that yesterday. It would be THE lead story today. Instantly, no doubt, becoming THE GAFFE for the mainstream media and the online-left looking and waiting for her "potatoe moment."
considering that Sarah Palin doesn't take questions from the media and has done exactly 1 interview and 1 North Korean talking points session with Sean Hannity, i guess we will have to just imagine, just imagine if she actually said anything at all that wasn't scripted.

and if we can imagine that, i can imagine the chorus of "THAT WAS SO SEXIST" coming from the McCain camp.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 09-23-2008, 03:31 PM   #114
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
OMG, You're totally right, Sting! The world today (including the political, economic and security landscape) is soooooo much like the world of Lincoln's time! Like how it could take weeks for foreign heads of state to actually make it to America, and then the days of travel it might take for them get to Illinois from the coast.

You showed me!
Again, in what year did it first become relevant that a candidate for Vice President or President had actually met a foreign head of state?
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #115
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 04:16 PM
I never made any claim of the relevance of meeting with foreign leaders to vp nominees, Sting. I was just pointing out the flawed logic of your argument.

Sorry I don't fit into your pigeonhole!
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-23-2008, 04:40 PM   #116
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
My only point about the Biden gaffe is... just imagine, just imagine, if Sarah Palin had been the one to say that yesterday. It would be THE lead story today. Instantly, no doubt, becoming THE GAFFE for the mainstream media and the online-left looking and waiting for her "potatoe moment."

I actually doubt that. It takes too much explanation for not enough payback. You'd have to tell the gaffe, then say, "You see, Roosevelt wasn't the President during the 1929 Stock Market Crash. Herbert Hoover was. And, of course, the television wasn't commercially available until the late 1930s, and the Stock Market Crash was in 1929. See? Palin sucks!"

It's not worth the effort---thus, not worth a headline, no matter who says it.

On the other hand, if a woman who's being billed as an energy expert says that her state makes 20% of the nation's oil, when in reality it produces only a fraction of that----that's worth explaining. If she's being billed as a reformer and the prime example of that is turning down a "Bridge to Nowhere"--when she actually supported it--yeah, that's worth pointing out.

When a guy bases his whole image on being a veteran who's got tons of foreign policy credentials mistakes the Sunnis & Shiites, calls Putin President of Germany, or switches Iraq for Afghanistan---yeah, that's worth putting in the headlines.

Pretty obvious to me.
__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 09-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #117
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
You can read all about the "Bush Doctrine" here:
Charles Krauthammer :: Townhall.com :: Charlie Gibson's Gaffee
Gibson asked the exact same question at the NH primary debates, and none of the candidates had any problems recognizing immediately that he was asking for their views on pre-emptive attacks. Anyhow, it was painfully obvious from his interview with Palin (who blankly guessed "...his...world...view?") that she was unfamiliar with the term, period.
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 09-23-2008, 04:57 PM   #118
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,297
Local Time: 05:16 PM
Of course she was.

Because she is DIM.

And the fact they are keeping her from the media entirely just tells me she's even more DIM than the rest of us assume.

Which frightens me.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 09-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #119
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Of course she was.

Because she is DIM.

And the fact they are keeping her from the media entirely just tells me she's even more DIM than the rest of us assume.

Which frightens me.

QFT
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 09-23-2008, 05:06 PM   #120
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Of course she was.

Because she is DIM.


can you name for me the exact year when it became important an important criteria that our VP candidates weren't DIM?
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com