Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry, I don't really care what Palin wears. I also wouldn't care how much it costs if she weren't going around trying to say that she's going to reduce Washington's 'wasteful spending.' :shrug:

:up: Exactly. That's why so many otherwise minor things about Palin are noteworthy. Want to curb wasteful spending? Don't spend $150,000 on fancy new clothing. Want to run a campaign against earmarks? Don't do so if you're the governor of the state with the highest earmark totals in the entire nation. And so on. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Not true. Without her just think how bland McCain's campaign would have gone...you wouldn't be getting rallies rivalling Obama's that's for sure. She helped keep millions of the "base" excited and as far as the middle of the road voter goes...they would have leaned toward Obama anyway. The only people she lost are some of the country club "conservatives" that, although they pander to the religious right, secretly despise them, and some Independents that think she's not qualified enough. Other than that just think how utterly boring it would have been if McCain had picked Pawlenty, Romney or Lieberman AND LOST JUST THE SAME!!! It's Obama's time right now - just face the fact. It has nothing to do with who McCain did or did not pick. It's just Obama's time in history. Period.

The polls on McCain's side are falling with the economy. As long as he's painted as Bush part 3, and Bush is blamed for the subprime mess McCain will struggle. All they can do is just get as many people to vote as possible. That's ultimately what's important.

Not true. Without her just think how bland McCain's campaign would have gone...you wouldn't be getting rallies rivalling Obama's that's for sure. She helped keep millions of the "base" excited and as far as the middle of the road voter goes...they would have leaned toward Obama anyway. The only people she lost are some of the country club "conservatives" that, although they pander to the religious right, secretly despise them, and some Independents that think she's not qualified enough. Other than that just think how utterly boring it would have been if McCain had picked Pawlenty, Romney or Lieberman AND LOST JUST THE SAME!!! It's Obama's time right now - just face the fact. It has nothing to do with who McCain did or did not pick. It's just Obama's time in history. Period.

have you taken a look at Palin's favorables vs. unfavorables lately?

Harry I think you have developed a plot in your head and you're just going along with it and seeing and hearing what you want to see or hear.

I don't think anybody really cares about Palin's clothes. But you'd be an idiot not to see how tone deaf it is to have this out in the public eye when people are losing their homes. And the Republican shills know it too and many of them have said as much.

I also think it's a bit on the funny side how upset the right was about Edwards' $400 haircuts, but to comment on Palin's $150K wardrobe is somehow beyond the pale.

QFT

I think it's fair game to point out the hypocricies, especially when you have folks like oscar who really believe they are going to control spending.

But I'm convinced that there's no reasoning with you harry, like anitram said you hear and read what you want...

QFT

I think it's fair game to point out the hypocricies, especially when you have folks like oscar who really believe they are going to control spending.

But I'm convinced that there's no reasoning with you harry, like anitram said you hear and read what you want...

How do you feel about the controlling in spending in Congress the past 2 years?

How do you feel about the controlling in spending in Congress the past 2 years?

How do you feel when someone never actually answer the questions you asks or addresses the points you make but always come back with a question aimed at changing the subject?

Answer that question, then address my previous point, and then I'll answer your question.

I think anitram's remark has to do with envy. Many people are losing their houses because they made bad decisions. If Palin wore Value Village clothes she would be criticized for that too. She can't win.

You made a comment that I belive the Republican ticket will control spending. It was actually a rhetorical question I was asking of you in response to it. The democrats in congress are not great on spending despite having control of congress. Having a democrat president and democrat majority in congress is definately going to be change. I don't have any expectations that the deficit will be balanced in that environment. At least the Republican ticket is reflecting on a spending freeze because it will be needed at minimum to keep the deficit from going more out of control.

Look at Barney Frank on taxes and the deficit. Obama better give him a talking to.

YouTube - Barney Frank: Plenty of rich people that we can tax

I think anitram's remark has to do with envy.
You think she's envious of Palin? Wow you really have the ignorant and offensive thing working full time today.
Many people are losing their houses because they made bad decisions.
And many aren't...:shrug:
If Palin wore Value Village clothes she would be criticized for that too. She can't win.
Yes because that's the next logical step, it's either a house worth's of clothing or Value Village, there no in between :doh:

You made a comment that I belive the Republican ticket will control spending. It was actually a rhetorical question I was asking of you in response to it. The democrats in congress are not great on spending despite having control of congress. Having a democrat president and democrat majority in congress is definately going to be change. I don't have any expectations that the deficit will be balanced in that environment. At least the Republican ticket is reflecting on a spending freeze because it will be needed at minimum to keep the deficit from going more out of control.
I'll be the first to admit, I'm not very impressed at all with the last two years of congress, but then again the six years before that were shit. But the Republicans can't have it both ways, you can't bitch about how the Democrat controlled Congress has done so little AND complain about their spending, if they haven't passed much of anything new they haven't spent much new. Even one of your guys Hannity "secretly" admitted that this Congress' inactivity is actually a good thing.

You keep talking about this freeze, but it won't happen!!! Both McCain and Palin have both contradicted themselves about the freeze. They have to throw out the old rhetoric to rally the old school conservatives but it's you neo-cons that are taking over the party.

Face it this was a big hypocricy...

I think anitram's remark has to do with envy. Many people are losing their houses because they made bad decisions. If Palin wore Value Village clothes she would be criticized for that too. She can't win.

Look at Barney Frank on taxes and the deficit. Obama better give him a talking to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Mazjm_A5k

Barney Frank is gay, best watch out or he will come for little boys everywhere.

But no seriously, some people did make bad decisions, and others were tricked and conned and lured into bad decisions (this is why it's called "predatory lending") and others made reasonable decisions but got unlucky and lost their jobs. So let's not blame everyone who's being foreclosed upon. I think those who decided deregulation was best, and those who after being deregulated practiced predatory lending, also deserve a good deal of blame.

You think she's envious of Palin? Wow you really have the ignorant and offensive thing working full time today.

I'm assuming that he meant that the people who are losing their homes are envious. Which is no less offensive.

For the record, I do have quite a collection of nice clothes. :flirt:

To paraphrase an old German politician who critizised another one from his own party for his miserable election campaign: You don't win by trying to make 100% voters 110% voters and thereby putting off thousands of other voters. What kind of base is it that you have to keep excited till the last day? He shouldn't have cared about that minority that might have not gone voting since he was too far left for their liking.

And how do you feel about the controlling of spending in Congress in the 6 years prior to that?

Boy, it's fun to answer questions with questions! :happy:

I'm not defending Republicans who overspent in the past. What's the point of electing Democrats with people like Barney Frank who are okay with ignoring the deficit. At least a spending freeze is a good start. Of course people don't believe it will happen. At least McCain promises to use his veto and if congress goes more for the Democratic party having him try and keep them in check will help.

Is war spending going to be frozen?

JohnMcCain.com - McCain-Palin 2008

"Comprehensive Spending Controls: John McCain will institute broad reforms to control spending:

The McCain administration would reserve all savings from victory in the Iraq and Afghanistan operations in the fight against Islamic extremists for reducing the deficit. Since all their costs were financed with deficit spending, all their savings must go to deficit reduction.

A one-year spending pause. Freeze non-defense, non-veterans discretionary spending for a year and use those savings for deficit reduction. A one-year pause in the growth of discretionary spending will be imposed to allow for a comprehensive review of all spending programs. After the completion of a comprehensive review of all programs, projects and activities of the federal government, we will propose a plan to modernize, streamline, consolidate, reprioritize and, where needed, terminate individual programs.

Take back earmark funds. The McCain Administration will reclaim billions of add-on spending from earmarks and add-ons in FY 2007 and 2008. "

Of course cynical people will say "Nah it won't happen."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom