Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 - Page 67 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #991
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
Harry, I don't really care what Palin wears. I also wouldn't care how much it costs if she weren't going around trying to say that she's going to reduce Washington's 'wasteful spending.'
Exactly. That's why so many otherwise minor things about Palin are noteworthy. Want to curb wasteful spending? Don't spend $150,000 on fancy new clothing. Want to run a campaign against earmarks? Don't do so if you're the governor of the state with the highest earmark totals in the entire nation. And so on. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #992
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Not true. Without her just think how bland McCain's campaign would have gone...you wouldn't be getting rallies rivalling Obama's that's for sure. She helped keep millions of the "base" excited and as far as the middle of the road voter goes...they would have leaned toward Obama anyway. The only people she lost are some of the country club "conservatives" that, although they pander to the religious right, secretly despise them, and some Independents that think she's not qualified enough. Other than that just think how utterly boring it would have been if McCain had picked Pawlenty, Romney or Lieberman AND LOST JUST THE SAME!!! It's Obama's time right now - just face the fact. It has nothing to do with who McCain did or did not pick. It's just Obama's time in history. Period.
The polls on McCain's side are falling with the economy. As long as he's painted as Bush part 3, and Bush is blamed for the subprime mess McCain will struggle. All they can do is just get as many people to vote as possible. That's ultimately what's important.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #993
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Not true. Without her just think how bland McCain's campaign would have gone...you wouldn't be getting rallies rivalling Obama's that's for sure. She helped keep millions of the "base" excited and as far as the middle of the road voter goes...they would have leaned toward Obama anyway. The only people she lost are some of the country club "conservatives" that, although they pander to the religious right, secretly despise them, and some Independents that think she's not qualified enough. Other than that just think how utterly boring it would have been if McCain had picked Pawlenty, Romney or Lieberman AND LOST JUST THE SAME!!! It's Obama's time right now - just face the fact. It has nothing to do with who McCain did or did not pick. It's just Obama's time in history. Period.

have you taken a look at Palin's favorables vs. unfavorables lately?
Old 10-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #994
Blue Crack Distributor

That $150,000 could have paid my mortgage

\random
Old 10-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #995
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
That $150,000 could have paid my mortgage

\random

[random] or the vast majority of my medical school loans [/random]

sadly, there would still be $10,000 left...
Old 10-23-2008, 04:20 PM   #996
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Harry I think you have developed a plot in your head and you're just going along with it and seeing and hearing what you want to see or hear.

I don't think anybody really cares about Palin's clothes. But you'd be an idiot not to see how tone deaf it is to have this out in the public eye when people are losing their homes. And the Republican shills know it too and many of them have said as much.

I also think it's a bit on the funny side how upset the right was about Edwards' $400 haircuts, but to comment on Palin's $150K wardrobe is somehow beyond the pale.
QFT

I think it's fair game to point out the hypocricies, especially when you have folks like oscar who really believe they are going to control spending.

But I'm convinced that there's no reasoning with you harry, like anitram said you hear and read what you want...
Old 10-23-2008, 04:48 PM   #997
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
QFT

I think it's fair game to point out the hypocricies, especially when you have folks like oscar who really believe they are going to control spending.

But I'm convinced that there's no reasoning with you harry, like anitram said you hear and read what you want...
How do you feel about the controlling in spending in Congress the past 2 years?
Old 10-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #998
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
How do you feel about the controlling in spending in Congress the past 2 years?
How do you feel when someone never actually answer the questions you asks or addresses the points you make but always come back with a question aimed at changing the subject?

Answer that question, then address my previous point, and then I'll answer your question.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #999
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:56 PM
^ftw
Old 10-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #1000
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I think anitram's remark has to do with envy. Many people are losing their houses because they made bad decisions. If Palin wore Value Village clothes she would be criticized for that too. She can't win.

You made a comment that I belive the Republican ticket will control spending. It was actually a rhetorical question I was asking of you in response to it. The democrats in congress are not great on spending despite having control of congress. Having a democrat president and democrat majority in congress is definately going to be change. I don't have any expectations that the deficit will be balanced in that environment. At least the Republican ticket is reflecting on a spending freeze because it will be needed at minimum to keep the deficit from going more out of control.

Look at Barney Frank on taxes and the deficit. Obama better give him a talking to.

YouTube - Barney Frank: Plenty of rich people that we can tax
Old 10-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #1001
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I think anitram's remark has to do with envy.
You think she's envious of Palin? Wow you really have the ignorant and offensive thing working full time today.
Quote:
Many people are losing their houses because they made bad decisions.
And many aren't...
Quote:
If Palin wore Value Village clothes she would be criticized for that too. She can't win.
Yes because that's the next logical step, it's either a house worth's of clothing or Value Village, there no in between

Quote:
You made a comment that I belive the Republican ticket will control spending. It was actually a rhetorical question I was asking of you in response to it. The democrats in congress are not great on spending despite having control of congress. Having a democrat president and democrat majority in congress is definately going to be change. I don't have any expectations that the deficit will be balanced in that environment. At least the Republican ticket is reflecting on a spending freeze because it will be needed at minimum to keep the deficit from going more out of control.
I'll be the first to admit, I'm not very impressed at all with the last two years of congress, but then again the six years before that were shit. But the Republicans can't have it both ways, you can't bitch about how the Democrat controlled Congress has done so little AND complain about their spending, if they haven't passed much of anything new they haven't spent much new. Even one of your guys Hannity "secretly" admitted that this Congress' inactivity is actually a good thing.

You keep talking about this freeze, but it won't happen!!! Both McCain and Palin have both contradicted themselves about the freeze. They have to throw out the old rhetoric to rally the old school conservatives but it's you neo-cons that are taking over the party.

Face it this was a big hypocricy...
Old 10-23-2008, 06:00 PM   #1002
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I think anitram's remark has to do with envy. Many people are losing their houses because they made bad decisions. If Palin wore Value Village clothes she would be criticized for that too. She can't win.

Look at Barney Frank on taxes and the deficit. Obama better give him a talking to.
Barney Frank is gay, best watch out or he will come for little boys everywhere.

But no seriously, some people did make bad decisions, and others were tricked and conned and lured into bad decisions (this is why it's called "predatory lending") and others made reasonable decisions but got unlucky and lost their jobs. So let's not blame everyone who's being foreclosed upon. I think those who decided deregulation was best, and those who after being deregulated practiced predatory lending, also deserve a good deal of blame.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #1003
Blue Crack Addict

Palin's 6th kid would be named Zamboni, and other scary-funny-scary things:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...102201645.html
Old 10-23-2008, 06:13 PM   #1004
She's the One

Local Time: 04:56 PM
Quote:
At least the Republican ticket is reflecting on a spending freeze because it will be needed at minimum to keep the deficit from going more out of control.
You keep rambling on about spending and then you defend the war spending.

You can't have it both ways.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #1005
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
You think she's envious of Palin? Wow you really have the ignorant and offensive thing working full time today.
I'm assuming that he meant that the people who are losing their homes are envious. Which is no less offensive.

For the record, I do have quite a collection of nice clothes.