Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 - Page 61 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-20-2008, 08:27 PM   #901
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
im an expert on all women.

<>
Um.... NO
__________________

__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #902
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
it's the same kind of thinking, and they've fooled themselves into thinking that this is progressive thought, when really it's actually ossifying god-given biological expectations based on patriarchal stereotypes gender.
That's definitely part of it, though I do think that (to generalize) the collective historical experience of gender, for working-class men, also matters; in much the same way that it matters in the African-American community, and for similar reasons. When collective acceptance of women moving into all arenas of the workplace comes about more through sheer economic necessity--the decline of American manufacturing, etc.--rather than received "ideas," and considering that shift was preceded by a social reality where "being a real man" meant economically providing for a wife and children all by yourself (and it was humiliating if you couldn't), it's unsurprising if there's more ambivalence about those changes. A kind of "I'm cool with women leaders--so long as we're clear that men will always stay men and women will always stay women" ...well, no problem there biologically speaking, but what else does that require exactly?
__________________

__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #903
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
Um.... NO
the way they think..

what makes them tick..

and i buy expensive gifts..

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 09:13 PM   #904
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 09:13 AM
No

No

So what? I can't be bought!
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #905
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 09:13 AM
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 10:37 PM   #906
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,451
Local Time: 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
I wonder if those guys would be so willing to "let" her be in the White House if she looked like Madeleine Albright.
NOOOOO WAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!

Not a chance.
__________________
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #907
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 09:13 AM
Condi isn't a democrat-nor a fashion model.

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 11:59 PM   #908
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 05:13 PM
McCain on FOXNews Sunday: Palin a 'direct counterpoint to the Liberal Feminist Agenda For America'


Unusually bald statement. I wonder what, besides legalized abortion (which if that's all you mean, why not just say that), he takes this nefarious "liberal feminist agenda for America" to consist of?
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 01:00 AM   #909
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Condi isn't a democrat-nor a fashion model.
But she's ONE BILLION times smarter than Palin.

And I don't see her on the ticket.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 10:06 AM   #910
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
But she's ONE BILLION times smarter than Palin.

And I don't see her on the ticket.

Must be because she's black...........
__________________
toscano is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 10:54 AM   #911
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toscano View Post
Must be because she's black...........

Or too smart...


Or too closely aligned with Bush...
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #912
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Or too smart...


Or too closely aligned with Bush...
No no no, Republicans apparently only make decisions based on race, ask Limpbaugh.....
__________________
toscano is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #913
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,495
Local Time: 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post
That's definitely part of it, though I do think that (to generalize) the collective historical experience of gender, for working-class men, also matters; in much the same way that it matters in the African-American community, and for similar reasons. When collective acceptance of women moving into all arenas of the workplace comes about more through sheer economic necessity--the decline of American manufacturing, etc.--rather than received "ideas," and considering that shift was preceded by a social reality where "being a real man" meant economically providing for a wife and children all by yourself (and it was humiliating if you couldn't), it's unsurprising if there's more ambivalence about those changes. A kind of "I'm cool with women leaders--so long as we're clear that men will always stay men and women will always stay women" ...well, no problem there biologically speaking, but what else does that require exactly?

indeed.

Palin is safely feminine -- and, by extension, unquestionably heterosexual -- in a way that HRC will never be. why else do nearly all female politicians have to frame their candidacy for the House or Senate as an extension of their god-given roles as mother and wife? that it's because of the children that they get into politics.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #914
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
that it's because of the children that they get into politics.

Hey.

At least they're thinking of them.

Unlike you.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #915
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toscano View Post
No no no, Republicans apparently only make decisions based on race, ask Limpbaugh.....
I forgot.
__________________

__________________
martha is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com