Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 - Page 49 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2008, 02:10 AM   #721
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
No, she didn't. The McCain campaign published a report the day before saying she'd done nothing wrong. But the official report states that she did violate the Alaska ethics code. It's extremely unlikely she's being impeached for this though (which is apparently a theoretical possibility).

give me a break

are you aware of what happened?

this would not even be a story if she were not the nominee

Quote:
Still, the firing was a proper exercise of Palin's authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:21 AM   #722
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Oh, it still would be a story, just not the front page of most newspapers. However, she IS a vice-presidential nominee.

Quote:
Still, the firing was a proper exercise of Palin's authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads.
True, but it was not the only conclusion of the report. Here they are in full, from http://download2.legis.state.ak.us/DOWNLOAD.pdf :
Quote:
Finding Number One
For the reasons explained in section IV of this report, I find that Governor Sarah Palin abused her power by violating Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act. Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) provides:
"The legislature reaffirms that each public officer holds office as a public trust, and any effort to benefit a personal or financial interest through official action is a violation of that trust."

Finding Number Two
I find that, although Walt Monegan's refusal to fire Trooper Michael Wooten was not the sole reason he was fired by Governor Sarah Palin, it was likely a contributing factor to his termination as Commissioner of Public Safety. In spite of that, Governor Palin's firing of Commissioner Monegan was a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads.

Finding Number Three
Harbor Adjustment Service of Anchorage, and its owner Ms. Murleen Wilkes handled Trooper Michael Wooten's workers' compensation claim properly and in the normal course of business like any other claim processed by Harbor Adjustment Service and Ms. Wilkes. Further, Trooper Wooten received all the workers' compensation benefits to which he was entitled.

Finding Number Four
The Attorney General's office has failed to substantially comply with my August 6, 2008 written request to Governor Sarah Palin for information about the case in the form of emails.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:04 AM   #723
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:59 AM
Quote:

William Ayers would not be a story if Barack Obama was not the nominee.

Rev. Wright would not be a story if Barack Obama was not the nominee.

Gosh, I guess it's "fair game."
Old 10-12-2008, 11:46 AM   #724
She's the One

Don't you think it's kind of frightening that Palin thinks a 12-year-old who was raped by her father should be forced to carry her sister ot brother to term?

Palin heightens rhetoric on abortion - CNN.com
Old 10-12-2008, 11:50 AM   #725
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:59 AM
Quote:
give me a break

Really?

I remember saying quite explicitly (and wrongly) that she would not be the nominee because of this ongoing scandal.

Clearly this WAS a story long before she was the nominee.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #726
Refugee

Local Time: 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Don't you think it's kind of frightening that Palin thinks a 12-year-old who was raped by her father should be forced to carry her sister ot brother to term?

Palin heightens rhetoric on abortion - CNN.com

There are people alive today who were in that situation who would be horrified to hear someone say they deserved to have their life ended because of that situation.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:21 PM   #727
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:59 AM
Quote:
give me a break

Give us a break

The move to investigate started before she was the nominee
Old 10-12-2008, 05:09 PM   #728
She's the One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
There are people alive today who were in that situation who would be horrified to hear someone say they deserved to have their life ended because of that situation.

I'm neither surprised nor disappointed that you also support such a thing, Sting.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #729
ONE
love, blood, life

I do not agree with Palin's view regarding abortion in the case of rape.

This is a somewhat extreme view and it allows the extreme left to characterize those of us with reservations about abortion as bigots.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:26 PM   #730
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
I'm neither surprised nor disappointed that you also support such a thing, Sting.

Are you surprised that any individual brought into this world because of such a situation would support such a thing?
Old 10-12-2008, 05:26 PM   #731
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:59 PM
I read she was booed at for oneandahalf minutes. And polls say Obama is leading.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #732
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:59 AM
Quote:
Are you surprised that any individual brought into this world because of such a situation would support such a thing?

Are you surprised that the mother of that person has to think about being raped by her own fucking father every time she looks at child?

Or that the person who's the product of the rape has to live with knowing that his or her father is really their grandfather, and that they came about not because their parents loved each other, but because of a brutal, disgusting violation of incestuous rape?
Old 10-12-2008, 05:35 PM   #733
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
I do not agree with Palin's view regarding abortion in the case of rape.

This is a somewhat extreme view and it allows the extreme left to characterize those of us with reservations about abortion as bigots.
Actually its a very consistent view. Its based on the life of the child, and the only thing that could trump the life of the child in such a situation would be the life of the mother. The child is not at fault for what happened.

If you claim that the right to life begins at conception, how the conception occured is irrelevant to whether the pregnancy should continue.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #734
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Actually its a very consistent view. Its based on the life of the child, and the only thing that could trump the life of the child in such a situation would be the life of the mother. The child is not at fault for what happened.

If you claim that the right to life begins at conception, how the conception occured is irrelevant to whether the pregnancy should continue.
It's a bit late in the day for you to come out as a pro-life advocate. Over the many occasions when I and one or two others have tried to defend the pro-life movement on here, you haven't had a thing to say.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #735
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
Are you surprised that the mother of that person has to think about being raped by her own fucking father every time she looks at child?

Or that the person who's the product of the rape has to live with knowing that his or her father is really their grandfather, and that they came about not because their parents loved each other, but because of a brutal, disgusting violation of incestuous rape?
Thats actually not necessarily true. Some mothers may feel that way, but certainly not all. The same with the person who is the product of that rape.

What is totally absurd is that either of those things could be used to justify killing someone who is completely innocent.