Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 - Page 49 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-12-2008, 02:10 AM   #721
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
No, she didn't. The McCain campaign published a report the day before saying she'd done nothing wrong. But the official report states that she did violate the Alaska ethics code. It's extremely unlikely she's being impeached for this though (which is apparently a theoretical possibility).





give me a break


are you aware of what happened?


this would not even be a story if she were not the nominee

Quote:
Still, the firing was a proper exercise of Palin's authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads.
__________________

__________________
deep is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 04:21 AM   #722
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,543
Local Time: 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
this would not even be a story if she were not the nominee
Oh, it still would be a story, just not the front page of most newspapers. However, she IS a vice-presidential nominee.

Quote:
Still, the firing was a proper exercise of Palin's authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads.
True, but it was not the only conclusion of the report. Here they are in full, from http://download2.legis.state.ak.us/DOWNLOAD.pdf :
Quote:
Finding Number One
For the reasons explained in section IV of this report, I find that Governor Sarah Palin abused her power by violating Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act. Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) provides:
"The legislature reaffirms that each public officer holds office as a public trust, and any effort to benefit a personal or financial interest through official action is a violation of that trust."

Finding Number Two
I find that, although Walt Monegan's refusal to fire Trooper Michael Wooten was not the sole reason he was fired by Governor Sarah Palin, it was likely a contributing factor to his termination as Commissioner of Public Safety. In spite of that, Governor Palin's firing of Commissioner Monegan was a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads.

Finding Number Three
Harbor Adjustment Service of Anchorage, and its owner Ms. Murleen Wilkes handled Trooper Michael Wooten's workers' compensation claim properly and in the normal course of business like any other claim processed by Harbor Adjustment Service and Ms. Wilkes. Further, Trooper Wooten received all the workers' compensation benefits to which he was entitled.

Finding Number Four
The Attorney General's office has failed to substantially comply with my August 6, 2008 written request to Governor Sarah Palin for information about the case in the form of emails.
__________________

__________________
Popmartijn is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 08:04 AM   #723
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
this would not even be a story if she were not the nominee

William Ayers would not be a story if Barack Obama was not the nominee.

Rev. Wright would not be a story if Barack Obama was not the nominee.


Gosh, I guess it's "fair game."
__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 11:46 AM   #724
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,338
Local Time: 04:59 AM
Don't you think it's kind of frightening that Palin thinks a 12-year-old who was raped by her father should be forced to carry her sister ot brother to term?

Palin heightens rhetoric on abortion - CNN.com
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 11:50 AM   #725
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,297
Local Time: 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
give me a break


are you aware of what happened?


this would not even be a story if she were not the nominee
Really?

I remember saying quite explicitly (and wrongly) that she would not be the nominee because of this ongoing scandal.

Clearly this WAS a story long before she was the nominee.
__________________
anitram is online now  
Old 10-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #726
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Don't you think it's kind of frightening that Palin thinks a 12-year-old who was raped by her father should be forced to carry her sister ot brother to term?

Palin heightens rhetoric on abortion - CNN.com

There are people alive today who were in that situation who would be horrified to hear someone say they deserved to have their life ended because of that situation.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 04:21 PM   #727
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
give me a break


are you aware of what happened?


this would not even be a story if she were not the nominee
Give us a break

The move to investigate started before she was the nominee
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:09 PM   #728
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,338
Local Time: 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
There are people alive today who were in that situation who would be horrified to hear someone say they deserved to have their life ended because of that situation.

I'm neither surprised nor disappointed that you also support such a thing, Sting.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #729
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 01:59 PM
I do not agree with Palin's view regarding abortion in the case of rape.

This is a somewhat extreme view and it allows the extreme left to characterize those of us with reservations about abortion as bigots.
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:26 PM   #730
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
I'm neither surprised nor disappointed that you also support such a thing, Sting.

Are you surprised that any individual brought into this world because of such a situation would support such a thing?
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:26 PM   #731
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
hiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the jungle
Posts: 7,410
Local Time: 02:59 PM
I read she was booed at for oneandahalf minutes. And polls say Obama is leading.
__________________
hiphop is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #732
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Are you surprised that any individual brought into this world because of such a situation would support such a thing?

Are you surprised that the mother of that person has to think about being raped by her own fucking father every time she looks at child?

Or that the person who's the product of the rape has to live with knowing that his or her father is really their grandfather, and that they came about not because their parents loved each other, but because of a brutal, disgusting violation of incestuous rape?
__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:35 PM   #733
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
I do not agree with Palin's view regarding abortion in the case of rape.

This is a somewhat extreme view and it allows the extreme left to characterize those of us with reservations about abortion as bigots.
Actually its a very consistent view. Its based on the life of the child, and the only thing that could trump the life of the child in such a situation would be the life of the mother. The child is not at fault for what happened.

If you claim that the right to life begins at conception, how the conception occured is irrelevant to whether the pregnancy should continue.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #734
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Actually its a very consistent view. Its based on the life of the child, and the only thing that could trump the life of the child in such a situation would be the life of the mother. The child is not at fault for what happened.

If you claim that the right to life begins at conception, how the conception occured is irrelevant to whether the pregnancy should continue.
It's a bit late in the day for you to come out as a pro-life advocate. Over the many occasions when I and one or two others have tried to defend the pro-life movement on here, you haven't had a thing to say.
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #735
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
Are you surprised that the mother of that person has to think about being raped by her own fucking father every time she looks at child?

Or that the person who's the product of the rape has to live with knowing that his or her father is really their grandfather, and that they came about not because their parents loved each other, but because of a brutal, disgusting violation of incestuous rape?
Thats actually not necessarily true. Some mothers may feel that way, but certainly not all. The same with the person who is the product of that rape.

What is totally absurd is that either of those things could be used to justify killing someone who is completely innocent.
__________________

__________________
Strongbow is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com