Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 - Page 43 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #631
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
If that's the best thing that comes to mind about a VP, then either the mind it's coming to ain't too bright, or the VP ain't too great.

Or could it be both???

I suppose you would prefer a VP that says the following?

Quote:
When we kicked -- along with France, we kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon, I said and Barack said, "Move NATO forces in there. Fill the vacuum, because if you don't know -- if you don't, Hezbollah will control it."

Now what's happened? Hezbollah is a legitimate part of the government in the country immediately to the north of Israel.

__________________

__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 10-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #632
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 02:08 PM
Sean was totally right - it's so exciting to watch "talking points" being born!
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 10-04-2008, 08:55 AM   #633
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,984
Local Time: 03:08 PM
Appearing on a friendlier news outlet, Gov. Sarah Palin said she was "annoyed" with the way Katie Couric handled their interview and complained that the CBS Evening News host failed to give her the opportunity to take a proverbial axe to Barack Obama.

In a portion of her sit-down with Fox News correspondent Carl Cameron, Palin claimed that Couric's questions -- which produced a series of staggeringly embarrassing responses -- put her in a lose-lose position.

"The Sarah Palin in those interviews was a little bit annoyed," she said. "It's like, man, no matter what you say, you are going to get clobbered. If you choose to answer a question, you are going to get clobbered on the answer. If you choose to try to pivot and go to another subject that you believe that Americans want to hear about, you get clobbered for that too."

For the record, Couric asked her, among other things, what type of news sources she turns to for information, which Supreme Court decisions she disagreed with, why Alaska's proximity to Russia gave her foreign policy experience, her opinion of the bailout package for Wall Street, and where she thought Vice President Dick Cheney erred. Which one of those questions was designed to trip her up (as opposed to, say, give viewers a better sense of her character and views) is tough to ascertain.

Later in her interview with Cameron, Palin offered a sense of what she thinks would have been a fairer set of questions. Unsurprisingly, they all would have provided her the opportunity to rail against Obama.

"In those Katie Couric interviews, I did feel that there were lot of things that she was missing in terms of an opportunity to ask what a VP candidate stands for, what the values are represented in our ticket. I wanted to talk about Barack Obama increasing taxes, which would lead to killing jobs. I wanted to talk about his proposal to increase government spending by another trillion dollars. Some of his comments that he's made about the war, that I think may, in my world, disqualify someone from consideration as the next commander in chief. Some of the comments that he has made about Afghanistan -- what we are doing there, supposedly just air raiding villages and killing civilians. That's reckless. I want to talk about things like that. So I guess I have to apologize for being a bit annoyed, but that's also an indication of being outside the Washington elite, outside of the media elite also. I just wanted to talk to Americans without the filter and let them know what we stand for."
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 10-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #634
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,984
Local Time: 03:08 PM
time.com

Thursday, Oct. 02, 2008
Poll: Palin Less Popular with Women Voters Than with Men
By Massimo Calabresi

As Sarah Palin braces for her vice-presidential debate tonight with Joe Biden, a new TIME poll shows the Alaska Governor is surprisingly unpopular among likely women voters.

Overall, Palin is viewed favorably by 47% of likely voters and unfavorably by 40%. But her numbers are worse among women than men: 45% of all women surveyed have a negative opinion of Palin, compared to 42% who view her positively. Fifty-two percent of men have a favorable opinion, while 35% are in the unfavorable camp.

Those numbers do not compare well with those of her direct competitor in the general election, Joe Biden. Among women, the Democratic candidate for vice president is viewed positively by 51% and negatively by 27%. Biden has an overall favorable to unfavorable split of 50%-31%, while McCain's is 54%-38% and Obama's rests at an enviable is 60%-33%.

Palin's unpopularity with women may prove a drag on the ticket with the very constituency she initially inspired. Obama now leads McCain by 17 points among likely female voters, 55%-38%. Just after the Republican convention, a TIME poll had the two candidates virtually tied among women, 48% for Obama and 47% for McCain.

The poll of 1,133 likely voters was conducted Sept. 26-29 and has a margin of error of +/- 3 percentage points.

Palin has perhaps her best opportunity of the campaign to reverse her slide tonight. A strong showing could convince women that she represents a historic opportunity to break the political glass ceiling. And expectations for her performance couldn't be much lower; after her unsteady performance in interviews with Katie Couric (including an apparent inability to name any Supreme Court cases other than Roe v. Wade that she disagreed with), Palin could go a long way to restoring her credibility with a strong showing in an unstructured format.

Biden and the Democrats, meanwhile, will continue to try and exploit Palin's troubles with voters — especially women. In his own interview with Couric, Biden responded to the same question about disagreements with the Supreme Court by targeting a key issue for women: domestic violence.

Biden, who for years chaired the Senate Judiciary committee, went on at length about his authorship of the Violence Against Women Act and how the Court had ruled against him on a particular provision. Expect to see more of that tonight at the debates.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 10-04-2008, 10:21 AM   #635
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,984
Local Time: 03:08 PM

YouTube - Sarah Palin meets Fargo
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 10-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #636
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,451
Local Time: 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
time.com

Thursday, Oct. 02, 2008
Poll: Palin Less Popular with Women Voters Than with Men
By Massimo Calabresi

As Sarah Palin braces for her vice-presidential debate tonight with Joe Biden, a new TIME poll shows the Alaska Governor is surprisingly unpopular among likely women voters.

Overall, Palin is viewed favorably by 47% of likely voters and unfavorably by 40%. But her numbers are worse among women than men: 45% of all women surveyed have a negative opinion of Palin, compared to 42% who view her positively. Fifty-two percent of men have a favorable opinion, while 35% are in the unfavorable camp.

Those numbers do not compare well with those of her direct competitor in the general election, Joe Biden. Among women, the Democratic candidate for vice president is viewed positively by 51% and negatively by 27%. Biden has an overall favorable to unfavorable split of 50%-31%, while McCain's is 54%-38% and Obama's rests at an enviable is 60%-33%.

Palin's unpopularity with women may prove a drag on the ticket with the very constituency she initially inspired. Obama now leads McCain by 17 points among likely female voters, 55%-38%. Just after the Republican convention, a TIME poll had the two candidates virtually tied among women, 48% for Obama and 47% for McCain.

The poll of 1,133 likely voters was conducted Sept. 26-29 and has a margin of error of +/- 3 percentage points.

Palin has perhaps her best opportunity of the campaign to reverse her slide tonight. A strong showing could convince women that she represents a historic opportunity to break the political glass ceiling. And expectations for her performance couldn't be much lower; after her unsteady performance in interviews with Katie Couric (including an apparent inability to name any Supreme Court cases other than Roe v. Wade that she disagreed with), Palin could go a long way to restoring her credibility with a strong showing in an unstructured format.

Biden and the Democrats, meanwhile, will continue to try and exploit Palin's troubles with voters — especially women. In his own interview with Couric, Biden responded to the same question about disagreements with the Supreme Court by targeting a key issue for women: domestic violence.

Biden, who for years chaired the Senate Judiciary committee, went on at length about his authorship of the Violence Against Women Act and how the Court had ruled against him on a particular provision. Expect to see more of that tonight at the debates.
That's mostly to do with the fact that she's HOT. Women are jealous creatures. At least most of them. I guess there are exceptions.
__________________
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 10-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #637
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,451
Local Time: 02:08 PM
Here's another Palin prediction: She'll make a surprise appearence on Saturday Night Live!!! I say tonight but let's say before the end of October.
__________________
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 10-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #638
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
That's mostly to do with the fact that she's HOT. Women are jealous creatures. At least most of them. I guess there are exceptions.
The more and more you post, the more I realize you don't know what you are talking about, especailly when it comes to women.

You were just saying a few weeks ago that Hillary supporters would vote for her just because she's a woman.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 10-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #639
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,295
Local Time: 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
That's mostly to do with the fact that she's HOT. Women are jealous creatures. At least most of them. I guess there are exceptions.
Thanks for that insight into the feminine psyche.

Every single woman that I've talked to who doesn't like Palin feels that way because she finds it offensive that a woman so unqualified and so dim is supposed to be someone we are excited about. It has nothing to do with her looks whatsoever.
__________________
anitram is online now  
Old 10-04-2008, 04:25 PM   #640
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Okay, so let's see.

Liberals are jealous of Palin because it ain't a Democrat that has a woman on the ticket.

Women are jealous of Palin because she's hot.

That's why we don't like her. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 10-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #641
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post

Women are jealous of Palin because she's hot.



Who says she's hot ???


























Quote:
“There’s a gigantic difference between me and I suspect my vice presidential opponent,” Biden said at an outdoor rally Sunday, getting ready to hit the GOP ticket for their economic policies.

“She’s good-looking,” he quipped.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 10-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #642
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
That's mostly to do with the fact that she's HOT. Women are jealous creatures. At least most of them. I guess there are exceptions.
and what makes you the expert on what women think? IMO I don't think u really do.. You are making a generalization here and grouping all under one umbrella..
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 10-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #643
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Fanatic4ever View Post
You are making a generalization here and grouping all under one umbrella..
That's almost as bad as being vague and unspecific.

__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 10-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #644
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Who says she's hot ???
Harry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
That's mostly to do with the fact that she's HOT.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 10-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #645
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
That's mostly to do with the fact that she's HOT. Women are jealous creatures. At least most of them. I guess there are exceptions.
No, it's because many women will only support a woman who's competent. An incompetent woman does not represent women -- or anyone -- well and will therefore not get the support of many of us. An incompetent man will also not get the support of many women for the same reason.
__________________

__________________
indra is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com