Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #601
Refugee

Local Time: 10:03 PM
You know reading that interview I could actually hear where her voice gets higher and she does the cutesy thing. It makes me chringe reading it, thank God I never downloaded the mp3.

I have no idea why I was watching the View one day but I was and John McCain was on. He got slammed. Joy Behar(sp) was giving it to him. She's always on Larry King and is a liberal. They really gave it to him. A few days after I was reading about how McCain got a far worse ride on The View than Obama. The View's defense was that Obama wasn't the nominee yet and if he came back on the show they would go after him just as bad. Kinda lame excuse but whatever. Just imagine if Rosie was still on that show, WATCH OUT!!

Just listening to Bill O'Riely's radio factor and even he thinks Biden is gonna win. And I don't think he's all that impressed with her.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #602
Refugee

Speaking of The View, one of my favorite people Bill Mahar was on yesterday. Some good back and forth.

YouTube - Bill Maher on The View: Sarah Palin is a BIMBO

Old 10-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #603
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:03 AM
He's out numbered big time there. Feel sorry for the guy.

I love EH come back about how man has always changed things after the fact

when Maher makes the point how the birth of christ wasn't decided upon until some 400 years after the JC was born.

The whole "talking to god" thing is really old. Maher was right to say or imply that she is looney.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:06 PM   #604
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
how do we know that this wouldn't have happened to Abraham Lincoln as well?

How dare you joke about his assassination? I mean, how he handled that is one of the qualities/experiences that made him a great president.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #605
Refugee

Local Time: 11:03 PM
Bill Maher is a blowhard who loves the sound of his own voice. I used to like him until I saw the way he treated those audience members asking questions about 9/11. He was a complete and utter asshole to them - so much so that I instantly saw the real Bill Maher. His refusal to deal with any questions on 9/11 - including from family members of the victims - shows me he's a complete phony. He uses his pulpit to make fun of the easiest things possible i.e. George W. Bush (geez, that's real hard to do Bill) and the obsurdities of extreme religious beliefs (again, super in depth hard stuff to tackle Bill) but when it comes to issues that are a little more complex he steers clear. Every time I see him now I feel sick to my stomach. And I'm not kidding.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #606
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:03 AM
A serious political commentator certainly shouldn't refer to her as a "bimbo," even if he did simultaneously slap Dubya and Quayle with the label as well.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 10-02-2008, 06:45 PM   #607
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Bill Maher is a blowhard who loves the sound of his own voice. I used to like him until I saw the way he treated those audience members asking questions about 9/11. He was a complete and utter asshole to them - so much so that I instantly saw the real Bill Maher. His refusal to deal with any questions on 9/11 - including from family members of the victims - shows me he's a complete phony. He uses his pulpit to make fun of the easiest things possible i.e. George W. Bush (geez, that's real hard to do Bill) and the obsurdities of extreme religious beliefs (again, super in depth hard stuff to tackle Bill) but when it comes to issues that are a little more complex he steers clear. Every time I see him now I feel sick to my stomach. And I'm not kidding.
I don't know if we're thinking of the same incident, but if we are, those people were in the audience and were disrupting the show, shouting out things dealing with conspiracy theories dealing with the government being responsible for 9/11, and that was what Maher shot down.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #608
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I don't know if we're thinking of the same incident, but if we are, those people were in the audience and were disrupting the show, shouting out things dealing with conspiracy theories dealing with the government being responsible for 9/11, and that was what Maher shot down.
You are thinking about the same incident. I applauded Maher for his handling of that. Disrupting a TV show isn't exactly a good way to get your voice heard, much less your opinion legitimized.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #609
Refugee

Quote:
I don't take Mahar as a serious commentator. He's entertainment. But some of what he says points out the obsurtity of people arguements, ie. Noahs Ark.

In reference to those idiot 911 people. I watched that about an hour ago. Those idiots want to come into a live show and distrupt a show because of their false and disproved theories! Good on Bill Mahar for telling them to Fuck Off! You know why he doesn't take questions from them? Because their delusional! I wouldn't give them the time of day! Like Bill said, its the only thing that he and Bush agree on. I think he did the right thing and I think he should have been more forceful(in terms of words)!
Old 10-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #610
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I'm thinking Harry may have been one of them, I don't know why anyone else would take that incident as him being phony or make anyone sick to their stomach...
Old 10-02-2008, 07:17 PM   #611
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
You are thinking about the same incident. I applauded Maher for his handling of that. Disrupting a TV show isn't exactly a good way to get your voice heard, much less your opinion legitimized.
Why does your opinions not surprise me. The guy was a rude asshole - period!!! Just the way he threw a temper tantrum was one of the most despicable things I've ever seen from a so called open minded left of center talk show host. How he stood up and said something like " Audience - in Latin means TO LISTEN" just proved to me how he really feels about his "audience" - they're a great audience ONLY if they listen to him. The anger which he went about trying to throw these people out was disgraceful. Why SO ANGRY Bill??? He's never even tried to discuss anything but the Government story on 9/11...geez, for a guy who considers himself a libertarian why wouldn't he even discuss this topic. Instead he has rallied against ANY discussion of 9/11 calling anyone who differs on his view "nutcases" " idiots" and the like. Now he's trying to take on religion in the simplest of ways. Calling everyone and anyone who believes in God "brainwashed" - oh, how open minded of you Bill. The truth is he's either one of the biggest corporate shills of our time OR just another so called "left wing" blowhard with an inflated ego. I actually cannot stand the man, and believe me, if I ever come across him and he treats me like he treated those in his audience who dared speak up, he'll be up against much more than he can chew. Matter of fact, he might not have any teeth left to chew with.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #612
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
I'm thinking Harry may have been one of them, I don't know why anyone else would take that incident as him being phony or make anyone sick to their stomach...
Sorry. I wasn't there. If I was he would have had a mouthful of my fist...or at least some rotten egg on his face. I've showed that video to many people that are fans of his - not once did someone defend him like I'm hearing hear. Most people agreed he was way too over the top - yes, even those who buy the Government's story. I can't believe you guys are defending this guy as much as you are. Maybe I'll save some eggs for you.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #613
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Why does your opinions not surprise me. The guy was a rude asshole - period!!! Just the way he threw a temper tantrum was one of the most despicable things I've ever seen from a so called open minded left of center talk show host. How he stood up and said something like " Audience - in Latin means TO LISTEN" just proved to me how he really feels about his "audience" - they're a great audience ONLY if they listen to him. ... Matter of fact, he might not have any teeth left to chew with.
It was a TV show, not a Q & A with the audience!!!!! They were being completely rude, they weren't asking for a debate!!! I applaud Bill on how he handled it.

And it's absolutely laughable how you self righteously attack Maher on how he handled the situation, yet you admit you would handle the situation of meeting him with violence... Wow, yeah you're the better man.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:29 PM   #614
Refugee

Quote:
Sorry. I wasn't there. If I was he would have had a mouthful of my fist...or at least some rotten egg on his face. I've showed that video to many people that are fans of his - not once did someone defend him like I'm hearing hear. Most people agreed he was way too over the top - yes, even those who buy the Government's story. I can't believe you guys are defending this guy as much as you are. Maybe I'll save some eggs for you.
Buy the Governments story?

How about use his brain and come to a indisputable conclusion. These 911 idiots interupted a union protest of ours. It was the 6th anniv of 911 and they started going off about how we are all to blame because we all work for oil companies and big multi national contractors. Fuck them and their theories! If they had any credablility they would get on these shows but they don't!

I'm gonna step away from this topic cause it has nothing to do with the election.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #615
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:03 AM
Anyone who believes 9/11 was a conspiracy deserves exactly what happened when they rudely interrupted his show. There's legitimate opinions Maher disagrees with, but that's not one. Anyone who believes 9/11 is a conspiracy is just a moron, plain and simple, and should not have their opinions respected.