Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #496
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile View Post
Alright, I'm not really in favor of either candidate and haven't made up my mind yet but these responses from Palin are so idiotic:

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Palin takes questions from press corps for first time � - Blogs from CNN.com

Talk about being decisive.....
I'm really not sure how much Palin will weigh in the decision-making process for undecideds, but I know if it were me, it would be a huge negative. If McCain were a younger man who didn't have a history of recurring cancer, it may not matter as much, but the way things stand with him, she very, very likely could be president at some point. That would be enough right there to either make me vote for the other candidate, or at the very least, abstain from voting.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #497
Refugee

Local Time: 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
I'm really not sure how much Palin will weigh in the decision-making process for undecideds, but I know if it were me, it would be a huge negative. If McCain were a younger man who didn't have a history of recurring cancer, it may not matter as much, but the way things stand with him, she very, very likely could be president at some point. That would be enough right there to either make me vote for the other candidate, or at the very least, abstain from voting.

You could argue though, that McCain's judgement in picking Palin makes you think twice about his capabilities to make sound decisions. Country first or McCain first?

Old 09-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #498
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoman View Post
You could argue though, that McCain's judgement in picking Palin makes you think twice about his capabilities to make sound decisions. Country first or McCain first?

this is what many of us have been saying from the beginning.

the Palin pick isn't about Palin, it's about McCain.

lots and lots and lots and lots of people aren't prepared to be the VP. many people who hold office -- thusly having oodles of vaunted "executive experience" evidence -- aren't prepared to be VP.

so why on earth did McCain pick someone who was manifestly unprepared?

if for no other reason than he thinks women vote with their vaginas and christians vote for anyone who believes that Jesus rode dinosaurs.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #499
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I completely agree that it brings his judgment into serious question.

I was just saying, that at the very least, people ought to consider the very real possibility that she could have to step into the role of president, and ask themselves if they're comfortable with that. Increasingly, people on both sides of the political spectrum are answering "no" to that question.

All of this has been discussed for weeks now, but until everyone gets it, I think it bears repeating.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #500
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

lots and lots and lots and lots of people aren't prepared to be the VP. many people who hold office -- thusly having oodles of vaunted "executive experience" evidence -- aren't prepared to be VP.

if for no other reason than he thinks women vote with their vaginas and christians vote for anyone who believes that Jesus rode dinosaurs.
If women vote with their vaginas can I be the voting machine!
Old 09-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #501
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
I completely agree that it brings his judgment into serious question.

I was just saying, that at the very least, people ought to consider the very real possibility that she could have to step into the role of president, and ask themselves if they're comfortable with that. Increasingly, people on both sides of the political spectrum are answering "no" to that question.
Oh, I know where you stand, just wanted to point that out. And even though some might say its ageist or morbid to talk about McCain dying, to me its being realistic.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #502
The Fly

Local Time: 12:23 AM
Quote:
Yeah, that is what I was getting at.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #503
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Oh, I know where you stand, just wanted to point that out. And even though some might say its ageist or morbid to talk about McCain dying, to me its being realistic.
Exactly.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #504
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 09-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #505
Blue Crack Distributor

This morning I caught a few minutes of The View, and Barbara Walters had them show a clip of Palin's interview with Couric, and then showed a clip of Fey's version.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #506
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

Now, I'm a woman and a Christian who supports Obama and Biden along with gay marriage and a woman's right to choose. What does that make me in the eyes of John McCain?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:07 PM   #507
Blue Crack Addict

More goodies!!

Quote:
Today, the Washington Post's Howard Kurtz reported on potentially embarrassing clips of Sarah Palin being interviewed by Katie Couric that haven't yet been aired. The Politico has more information on one in particular:

Of concern to McCain's campaign, however, is a remaining and still-undisclosed clip from Palin's interview with Couric last week that has the political world buzzing.

The Palin aide, after first noting how "infuriating" it was for CBS to purportedly leak word about the gaffe, revealed that it came in response to a question about Supreme Court decisions.

After noting Roe vs. Wade, Palin was apparently unable to discuss any major court cases.

There was no verbal fumbling with this particular question as there was with some others, the aide said, but rather silence.
Awesome.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 PM   #508
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
More goodies!!

Awesome.
She will learn on the job.

This on-the-job learning won't just be foreign policy nuts and bolts, it will also involve 11th Grade American History.

I think Sarah Palin is a science experiment: someone is testing how strong the mantle of Ronald Reagan's legacy is by choosing the most ignorant and unqualified candidate possible.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:52 PM   #509
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:23 PM
In fairness to Palin I had a wrong view about her: She did not, actually, charge rape victims when mayor of Wasilla.

So she has that going for her.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:29 AM   #510
Blue Crack Addict

Supposedly Governor Palin has a 1 in 5 actuarial chance of becoming President

"Sarah Palin has been meeting with world leaders here in New York. It went well until she asked, 'When do I get to meet Queen Latifah?'" ~ David Letterman