Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2008, 06:27 PM   #466
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:55 PM
Fareed Zakaria of Newsweek also calls for Palin to step down. Drip, drip, drip.

Quote:
Will someone please put Sarah Palin out of her agony? Is it too much to ask that she come to realize that she wants, in that wonderful phrase in American politics, "to spend more time with her family"?

Some commentators, like CNN's Campbell Brown, have argued that it's sexist to keep Sarah Palin under wraps, as if she were a delicate flower who might wilt under the bright lights of the modern media. But the more Palin talks, the more we see that it may not be sexism but common sense that's causing the McCain campaign to treat her like a time bomb.

Can we now admit the obvious? Sarah Palin is utterly unqualified to be vice president. She is a feisty, charismatic politician who has done some good things in Alaska. But she has never spent a day thinking about any important national or international issue, and this is a hell of a time to start.

Obviously these are very serious challenges and constraints. In these times, for John McCain to have chosen this person to be his running mate is fundamentally irresponsible. McCain says that he always puts country first. In this important case, it is simply not true.
Fareed Zakaria: Palin Is Ready? Please. | Newsweek Voices - Fareed Zakaria | Newsweek.com

Old 09-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #467
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:55 PM
If Sarah Palin was really about putting our country first she never would have accepted a job she wasn't ready, knowledgeable, or qualified for (and a month before accepting said job admitted in her own words that she didn't know its requirements) that leaves her first in line to potentially be Commander in Chief and have the the weight of making decisions that affect the lives of billions of people here and around the world. I don't feel sorry that she's having such a tough time of it, I feel sorry that she's so power-hungry that she's willing to embarrass her own family, her party, and herself and possibly allow grave danger to her country should she actually become VP, or President should the unfortunate situation come about.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:32 PM   #468
Blue Crack Supplier

"... or, Bono, the King of Ireland."
Old 09-27-2008, 11:40 PM   #469
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh my gosh, did anyone just catch the opening sketch on SNL? It was a parody of the Palin interview with Katie Couric. Tina Fey knocked it out of the park again. It was so frickin' hilarious. The sad part was that some of the answers Fey as Palin gave were almost verbatim to the ones the real Palin gave in the actual interview. I hope the video's up online soon.

ETA. I see Irvine did.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:46 AM   #470
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:55 PM
Well finally some insight into why McCain picked Palin:

YouTube - John McCain's Wandering Eyes

Old 09-28-2008, 01:50 AM   #471
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:55 PM

I looked for the SNL clip from tonite on YouTube, but of course it's already been taken down. Guess I'll just have to watch it
Old 09-28-2008, 01:11 PM   #472
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Bono the King of Ireland.
I have a feeling that, like "I can see Russia from my house/porch," this will now be quoted here as having actually been said by Gov Palin.
Which is the danger of getting your news primarily from comedy shows like SNL, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report or Countdown With Keith Olbermann.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:17 PM   #473
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
I have a feeling that, like "I can see Russia from my house/porch," this will now be quoted here as having actually been said by Gov Palin.
Which is the danger of getting your news primarily from comedy shows like SNL, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report or Countdown With Keith Olbermann.
You think you're clever putting Olbermann in that group?

And, FYI, The Daily Show offers a more honest report of the day's news than most real network newscasts do. And there are a LOT of people that would agree with that.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:27 PM   #474
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:55 PM
Quote:
Wow. That's very telling about what you think about the intelligence of those that post here.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:27 PM   #475
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Because "you can see Russia from my state" is so much better.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #476
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:55 PM
http://forum.interference.com/f199/is-palin-failin-or-omg-mccain-wins-with-palin-pt-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post

I looked for the SNL clip from tonite on YouTube, but of course it's already been taken down. Guess I'll just have to watch it
Here you can watch the full clip: Clip: Sarah Palin Meets 'Bono, the King of Ireland'

Yes, it does include a Bono reference.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #477
Blue Crack Addict

That SNL sketch isn't funny.

It's terrifying.

Cuz it's true.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #478
ONE
love, blood, life

Palin isn't ready.

But NONE of them are ready.

What experience do Obama/Biden have in managing a financial crisis? What experience does McCain have?

I emphasize again, I hope that Obama/Biden win it.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:15 PM   #479
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Palin isn't ready.

But NONE of them are ready.

What experience do Obama/Biden have in managing a financial crisis? What experience does McCain have?

I emphasize again, I hope that Obama/Biden win it.
I think you can pretty much throw the experience argument out the window with Palin. Having none wouldn’t matter if (a) she came across as an articulate, educated and intellectually curious person, and/or (b) John McCain were 10-15 years younger.

The other three may not have the direct experience in one or more (or a few) of the required fields, but I don’t think anyone doubts that they’ve shown over and over again that they’re intelligent enough to be fine (how many former Presidents had every box ticked on the way in?) at the job, and have a thorough understanding and ability with the various issues, regardless of what you think of their opinions on them. Palin has yet to demonstrate that she can string two coherent sentences together, let alone showing any understanding of… anything, and is clearly a million years from articulating any personal opinions or positions beyond coached/drilled in sound-bites and buzz phrases.

The way they are shielding her from the media is being played well as Us vs Them (them, of course, being the nasty, liberal MSM) but come on. The base adore her, she is the sole reason why McCain is still in this. If she were remotely able she would be everywhere. At the very least, if their distaste of the ‘liberal’ media were true, they’d have her on Fox every 15 minutes, she's perfect for Fox! She’s not for one reason only, and it’s got nothing to do with a lack of experience.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:03 PM   #480
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post

can be seen here: Saturday Night Live - Couric / Palin Open - Video - NBC.com