Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!! That's EXACTLY what I said!!!!11!!

Excellent...thanks for the clarification. I think it pretty shallow to judge someone based on this. The kid did not rob a bank or go out and kill someone. She got knocked up. Something that has happened to many a person, including Obama's mother. I guess her parents were doing a poor job too.:doh:

I am taking the silence from people to indicate support of the statements that are being made. So do you think Sarah is a terrible mother too?

I'm sure she's a fine mother.

Her daughter's preganancy and the boyfriends decision to quit school have nothing to with anything.

**sigh**

I'm not sure why we're required to say these things. . .but very well. No offense, Dread cause I hold you in highest regard, but I find the demands that we renounce every statement made by a "left-leaning" poster tiresome.

I am taking the silence from people to indicate support of the statements that are being made. So do you think Sarah is a terrible mother too?

Has it perhaps occurred to you that some of us weren't sitting on our ass here reading every post of every thread? I honestly wasn't around when all of that was posted and I had no idea what you were even referring to so I went back and reread all the posts. I honestly wish I could never even see Sarah Palin again, much less her children or her children's children or their boyfriends or whoever. I have no interest in these people and I have no interest in their private lives. I don't care if Levi has a PhD or lays ceramic tiles, I don't care when or if they marry (although I don't think it's necessary in this day and age but to each our own), and I couldn't care less about Sarah Palin's parenting skills. My own mother very much surprised me when she said to me "that woman should be taking care of her disabled baby" and you know what my response was? "Why do you care?"

Perhaps you shouldn't assume things about people.

If I was a HR person I'd pick the guy who used the correct you're. ;)

Thats a little embarrassing. I do know the correct grammer but I did not take the time proof read my post. I hope it never happens to you.:sexywink:

image001.jpg

Washington Post

To Avoid Being 'Depressed,' Palin Skimps on Campaign News

By Juliet Eilperin

GREENSBORO, N.C. -- No wonder GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin harbors such hostility toward the mainstream media: her staff imposes limits on her access to it.

During a fundraiser here that raised $800,000 last night, Palin admitted that her aides often dissuade her from tuning into televised coverage of the presidential campaign.

"So North Carolina, I appreciate you all so much, who are here who already get it. You know, maybe I'm preaching to the choir a little bit here, but being here encourages me because I know that I'm not alone and I'll send this message back to John McCain also. At those times on the campaign trail when sometimes it's easy to get a little bit discouraged, when, you know, when you happen to turn on the news when your campaign staffers will let you turn on the news," she said, prompting laughter from the group. "Usually they're like 'Oh my gosh, don't watch. You're going to, you know, you're going to get depressed.'"

She added that while she doesn't always appreciate the way reporters portray the GOP ticket, she's been bolstered by the prayers of many of the campaign's backers.

"But yeah, sometimes you do get depressed watching what it is that they're reporting and the spin and some of the distortion of what our message is and what we stand for. Sometimes that, that gets draining," she continued. "But it's at events like these and our rallies that we are so energized and inspired and we know that we are not alone. We feel your strength and we feel the power of prayer, so many of you tell us that you are praying for us and praying for our country and that's why we so appreciate you being here."

Giving credit to a higher power for the day's poll ratings, the Alaska governor told the roughly 500-person audience that things might be changing. "We even saw today, thank the Lord," she said, looking upwards and raising her fist, "We saw some movement."

Palin has continued to shun the national print and television journalists who follow her on a daily basis, instead courting local reporters and Republican-affiliated journalists. Today she did short interviews with reporters from Bangor, Me., as well as Greensboro and Raleigh, N.C., along with a 15-minute session with Weekly Standard reporter Fred Barnes.

But Palin paid homage to one new mainstream media star -- Joe Wurzelbacher, the plumber John McCain repeatedly referred to during Wednesday night's debate. The Alaska governor mentioned Joe the plumber during both her public rallies yesterday, but she confessed at the fundraiser that even she was sick of mentioning him. Then she proceeded to talk about him at length.

"And I, I begged our speech writers, 'Don't make me say 'Joe the Plumber,' please, in any speeches.' And I was asked, 'Just one time, just at this fund raiser,'" she recounted. "Just make sure people understand that we know what Joe the Plumber was talking about when he was confronting Barack Obama and saying, 'Wait a minute, aren't you going to take my money, take my earnings and give it to somebody else who maybe hadn't worked as hard as I have worked?'"

"What about this reward for strong work ethic, isn't that what capitalism is all about? Isn't that what the American economy should be based upon? And so when I mention Joe the Plumber, know that that's why I do mention it. Because we understand what his concerns were as he spoke to Barack Obama there in that rope line," she added. "We will be working for Joe the Plumber and working for the small business owners and those who wish to own business, those who have that entrepreneurial spirit and want to grow business and create jobs, hire more people and take care of their families. And with millions of American struggling to sustain a small business right now, I hope that business owners especially across this great nation are paying very, very close attention to the differences in the candidates."

Palin also made a point of mentioning that she loved to visit the "pro-America" areas of the country, of which North Carolina is one. No word on which states she views as unpatriotic.

An obvious candidate might be California -- a state Palin has campaigned in -- because, as she told the audience, she and McCain have encountered problems enlisting famous performers in their cause.

"In fact, we were on the bus today, we were making a list of who are some celebrity singers who could come out and help us and gosh, for the life of us, the pickins were slim there," she said. "Who's quasi-conservative out there in the celebrity land?"

Palin proceeded to then thank country singers Hank Williams Jr. and Lee Greenwood for appearing on her behalf: Greenwood had belted out "God Bless the USA" at her rally in Bangor, Me., yesterday morning, while Williams sang his "McCain-Palin Tradition" tune in the afternoon in Elon, N.C.

WASHINGTON – Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is set to appear on this week's broadcast of "Saturday Night Live," the entertainment show that has featured a popular parody of the Alaska governor by former cast member Tina Fey.

Palin will appear Saturday on the show hosted by actor Josh Brolin, who plays President Bush in director Oliver Stone's new movie, "W."

A John McCain campaign spokeswoman, Jill Hazelbaker, on Friday confirmed Palin's appearance but offered no details about what the Alaska governor will say or do.

Joe’s cup is running over — with scrutiny
4:34:11 PM October 16th, 2008

Permalink | Comments (122)
A day ago, Joe Wurzelbacher was an ordinary, well, Joe. He did some plumbing work and took care of his son out of a modest home in Toledo, Ohio.

That was then, this is now. Today, Wurzelbacher is the most famous Joe in America, and with what is sure to be fleeting celebrity comes the scrutiny that goes hand in hand with it.

Wurzelbacher got more notoriety for being mentioned more than two dozen times in Wednesday night’s presidential debate between Sens. John McCain and Barack Obama. Republican McCain brought up Wurzelbacher’s name to point out how the tax policies of Democrat Obama would keep the plumber from buying the business where he works. Wurzelbacher had confronted Obama over the weekend to point out that the Democrat’s tax plan would mean he would have to pay more taxes, which could frustrate his plans.

Reporters swooped down on Wurzelbacher. He was quoted by Associated Press as saying: “I’m kind of like Britney Spears having a headache. Everybody wants to know about it.”

But the scrutiny around him also intensified — much to the plumber’s dismay, no doubt. Various news outlets are reporting that records indicate Wurzelbacher is not licensed as a plumber, and that he has a tax lien pending against him for $1,182.92.

The Toledo Blade quotes Tom Joseph, business manager for Local 50 of the United Association of Plumbers, Steamfitters, and Service Mechanics. Joseph said Wurzelbacher, whose full name is Samuel J. Wurzelbacher, was not formally trained as an apprentice. He worked under licenses granted to Newell Plumbing & Heating Co.

“When you have guys going out there with no training whatsoever, it’s a little disreputable to start with,” Joseph told the Blade. “We’re the real Joe the Plumber.”

How will Wurzelbacher vote in the upcoming election? Voting records show that Samuel Joseph Worzelbacher, with an incorrect spelling, voted Republican in the March primaries earlier this year.

– Russ Britt, MarketWatch

can someone explain to me how these comments by Ms. Palin are anything but elitist, snobbish, condescending, divisive, and dismissive?

"We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. We believe" -- here the audience interrupted Palin with applause and cheers -- "We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation. This is where we find the kindness and the goodness and the courage of everyday Americans. Those who are running our factories and teaching our kids and growing our food and are fighting our wars for us. Those who are protecting us in uniform. Those who are protecting the virtues of freedom."

so i don't count? i'm not real? is that the message here?

Maybe she should be more specific. How small does a town have to be to qualify as "real"? Is Seattle too big at about 500,000? Is my hometown too big at 60,000?

I think I must live in Fake America.

The part of America that has the liberal media telling them that email about the black boy being Muslim isn't true doesn't count. That ain't real America...

...while Williams sang his "McCain-Palin Tradition" tune in the afternoon in Elon, N.C.

That makes me laugh whenever I hear about it (and the other day when I actually saw Williams perform it on tv at one of their rallies). Does the campaign even realize that the original song is about drinking and pot smoking, and essentially promotes it, saying "hey, that's just who I am!"

Family Tradition - Hank Williams Jr.

Country music singers
have always been a real close family
but lately some of my kin folks
have disowned a few others and me
i guess its because
i kinda changed my direction
i guess i went and broke the family tradition

they get on me wanna know Hank
why do you drink?
(Hank) why do you roll smoke?
Why must you live out the songs that you wrote?
over and over
everybody made my prediction
so if i get stoned
I'm just carryin'
on an old family tradition

I am very proud
of my daddys name
although his kinda music
and mine ain't exactly the same
stop and think it over
put yourself in my position
if i get stoned and sing all night long
it's a family tradition

Don't ask me Hank
why do you drink?
Why must you live out the songs that you wrote?
If I'm down in a Honky-Tonk
Some ol' slicks tryin to give me corrections
I'll say leave me alone
I'm singin all night long
it's a family tradition

Lordy, I have loved some ladies
and I have loved Jim Beam
and they both tried to kill me
in 1973
when that doctor asked me
Son how did you get in this condition
I said hey sawbones I'm just carryin on
an old family tradition

So don't ask me Hank
why do you drink?
Why must you live out the songs you wrote?
Stop and think it over
Try and put yourself in my unique position
If I get stoned and sing all night long
It's a family tradition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom