Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean there are no "pro-life" organizations to help those kids out? Or, like always, is their concern only for a fetus and not the parents?

Their concern typically ends at the moment of birth. Pre-birth, it's a precious life that needs saving. Post-birth, it's just another person to get denied universal health care, denied a decent living wage, and eventually to be sent off to die in a war for no good reason.

Well now it seems that the baby daddy of Bristol Palin has decided to quit high school with one year left, something he'll need for the rest of his life to go out and work. I don't find that admirable I find it stupid. Are there really no family members willing to help out for the next 7 months so this boy can get an education to support his family for the rest of their lives?
He may be making a calculation that it's better for him and his family--or simply morally preferable to him--to drop out now and perhaps get a GED later if need be, so that he's able to help support his wife and child from the get-go. My guess is it's actually pretty common in Alaska for young men to leave high school early and take jobs in the oil fields, which pay fairly well and don't require a highschool degree. It's none of our business really. :shrug:

Yes but have you noticed he has a very strong bias against anyone who has any criticism towards Palin? He writes every single critique off as bias, or "you're completely wrong".

He either has a crush on her, or he wants to be able to tell everyone "I told you so" about his Palin prediction thread... or a combination of the two.

Nice try...but no cigar. What I am doing however is seeing the ugly side of the so called "left" in your country and calling it out. Of coarse I want to see Obama become President and I've stated that numerous times. However, seeing the seething, ugly side of the so called "left" in America and the media hypocrisy has left me with a certain unease. Mind you, it's a lot less of an unease than if McCain/Palin actually won but it still bugs me. Regarding a "crush" I supposedly have on Palin...nope, sorry, o.k. she's hot and alot nicer to look at than most women in politics that have come before her i.e. Hillary, Madeline Albright, Kay Bailey Hutchinson, Geraldine Ferraro etc. etc. and I love the fact that she really gets these people's "goats" so to speak- but in the end it's her policies and strange beliefs that scare me. If she were not so right-wing I would have a bit of a "crush" on her but alas, her positions make it impossible. What I like about her is how she strikes fear in the factions of the left that have always bothered me i.e. certain media, certain "feminists" and the like - that is why it may seem like sometimes I am defending her. The same people that scream bloody murder about her view (and apparently it is quite extreme) of abortion refuse to take a second look at the partial abortion vote that Obama voted against (which apparently is quite extreme the other way) or the the glee in which most of the media began thrashing her about her family moments after she was chosen as McCain's running mate. There is a certain disdain that some of the so called "left" have of her and people like her that I am deeply concerned that one day in the future it will backfire and backfire bigtime. Lucky for us it seems like it won't be this election but mark my words that if America keeps being this divided and vicious (on both sides) then one day Palin, or someone like her, will occupy the Whitehouse.

Nice try...but no cigar. What I am doing however is seeing the ugly side of the so called "left" in your country and calling it out. Of coarse I want to see Obama become President and I've stated that numerous times. However, seeing the seething, ugly side of the so called "left" in America and the media hypocrisy has left me with a certain unease. Mind you, it's a lot less of an unease than if McCain/Palin actually won but it still bugs me. Regarding a "crush" I supposedly have on Palin...nope, sorry, o.k. she's hot and alot nicer to look at than most women in politics that have come before her i.e. Hillary, Madeline Albright, Kay Bailey Hutchinson, Geraldine Ferraro etc. etc. and I love the fact that she really gets these people's "goats" so to speak- but in the end it's her policies and strange beliefs that scare me. If she were not so right-wing I would have a bit of a "crush" on her but alas, her positions make it impossible. What I like about her is how she strikes fear in the factions of the left that have always bothered me i.e. certain media, certain "feminists" and the like - that is why it may seem like sometimes I am defending her. The same people that scream bloody murder about her view (and apparently it is quite extreme) of abortion refuse to take a second look at the partial abortion vote that Obama voted against (which apparently is quite extreme the other way) or the the glee in which most of the media began thrashing her about her family moments after she was chosen as McCain's running mate. There is a certain disdain that some of the so called "left" have of her and people like her that I am deeply concerned that one day in the future it will backfire and backfire bigtime. Lucky for us it seems like it won't be this election but mark my words that if America keeps being this divided and vicious (on both sides) then one day Palin, or someone like her, will occupy the Whitehouse.

You realize the crush thing was a joke, right?

I just think you should be a little more even handed when it comes to criticism. Call out the criticisms that you think are unfair and explain why, but stop attacking everyone who has legitimate criticisms. It does no good.

He may be making a calculation that it's better for him and his family--or simply morally preferable to him--to drop out now and perhaps get a GED later if need be, so that he's able to help support his wife and child from the get-go. My guess is it's actually pretty common in Alaska for young men to leave high school early and take jobs in the oil fields, which pay fairly well and don't require a highschool degree. It's none of our business really. :shrug:
Come on now, its just plain old dumb to drop out now with only a few months to go to get a diploma that will last you a life time. If your a HR person would you pick the guy who has the GED or the diploma? Maybe he won't like working the oil fields, then what? He's totally limiting his choices for a life time and besides the child isn't even here yet. Is no one on either side of the families willing to help these kids out? Thats what it looks like. If he was my son there is no way in heck I would ever let him do that and even my 15 year old son saw how stupid this is. Really how can you even argue that its a good choice, its maybe noble but not smart. You're right that its not our business but when I have seen how some conservatives feel they are somehow morally higher than the other side I feel the need to point out the short comings from theirs...I'm leveling the playing field.

It's too easy to play the "LOLCONSERVATIVES" game, but I don't think it's entirely fair to go around crowing that the parents failed because she got knocked up. I don't care what the parents tried to instill in their kids, shit happens. Girls get pregnant whether or not the parents say "don't have sex" or "okay, just be sure to use a condom."

As for the boyfriend, I dunno. I understand that good money can be made in certain trades without a diploma, and it's not that uncommon for kids to do that in some areas and end up just fine. But I still think he should suck it up and finish high school.

Maybe it's pride saying "I want to provide for my new child," but it's not like these crazy kids are going to end up destitute because he finishes high school instead of jumping into the workforce.

I certainly do think it's best to at least take the GED in short order if you're not going to finish, since it's harder to pass later and you'll need that certification should you change your mind and decide to go to college (or into many kinds of jobs). Based on the AP interview all this is coming from, he'll be working as an apprentice electrician in the oil fields; to me the fact that he's going for that, rather than stocking shelves or flipping burgers, suggests that he's serious about acquiring longterm marketable skills now.

Are his political leanings even known? He said in the interview that he hadn't registered to vote, doesn't "know anything" about Obama except "he seems like a good guy, I like him" but that naturally he'd be rooting for his future mother-in-law.

And that's the last I'm going to say about it, because I feel silly reading the tea leaves for someone I really know nothing about.

It's too easy to play the "LOLCONSERVATIVES" game, but I don't think it's entirely fair to go around crowing that the parents failed because she got knocked up. I don't care what the parents tried to instill in their kids, shit happens. Girls get pregnant whether or not the parents say "don't have sex" or "okay, just be sure to use a condom."

I know, but she just makes it so easy!

Their concern typically ends at the moment of birth. Pre-birth, it's a precious life that needs saving. Post-birth, it's just another person to get denied universal health care, denied a decent living wage, and eventually to be sent off to die in a war for no good reason.

:ohmy::ohmy:
GASP!

:tsk: :tsk:
Spreading such SCANDALOUS Rumors about Right-to-Life 'rs.

:lol:

what a bunch of hypocrites!

I remember a woman telling me she had worked in either a Planned PArenthood, or a Women's Health Clinic.........and YUP... and among the people.....
.....guess WHO showed up!!??

.....a bunch of RTL'rs with their preggered daughters.

I absolutely feel for the daughters.......
...it's the BIG Hypocrisy from (many of) the RTL'rs! :madspit:

I always wonder how these Conservatives feel about the babies that are saved that turn out to be gay.

OMG!!!
I never thot about that scenario!!! :lmao:

Poor Kids -if they get stuck with very homophobic parents- it certainly can ruin lives !!! And suicide among gay teens is higher than for straight teens. :(

Didn't / was it Alan Keys who throw his lesbian daughter out of the family home a few years back? :angry:

:yes:

She did such a great job with her daughter.

So because her daughter is pregnant it means she did something wrong as a parent? Really now? Suddenly we are so judgemental of ones parenting skills that we use a teen pregnancy to determine their ability as a parent?

:up:

Excellent.

Your candidate must be winning for you to show up with such statement.s

I truly hope you are all not disappointed. The gloating and bashing of conservatives with such sweeping generalizations makes me wonder what will happen in here if your guy loses.

I truly hope you are ALL not disappointed. The gloating and bashing of conservatives with such sweeping generalizations makes me wonder what will happen in here if your guy loses.

Not that you're generalizing or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom