Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, she didn't. The McCain campaign published a report the day before saying she'd done nothing wrong. But the official report states that she did violate the Alaska ethics code. It's extremely unlikely she's being impeached for this though (which is apparently a theoretical possibility).

give me a break

are you aware of what happened?

this would not even be a story if she were not the nominee

Still, the firing was a proper exercise of Palin's authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads.

Oh, it still would be a story, just not the front page of most newspapers. However, she IS a vice-presidential nominee.

Still, the firing was a proper exercise of Palin's authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads.

True, but it was not the only conclusion of the report. Here they are in full, from http://download2.legis.state.ak.us/DOWNLOAD.pdf :
Finding Number One
For the reasons explained in section IV of this report, I find that Governor Sarah Palin abused her power by violating Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act. Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) provides:
"The legislature reaffirms that each public officer holds office as a public trust, and any effort to benefit a personal or financial interest through official action is a violation of that trust."

Finding Number Two
I find that, although Walt Monegan's refusal to fire Trooper Michael Wooten was not the sole reason he was fired by Governor Sarah Palin, it was likely a contributing factor to his termination as Commissioner of Public Safety. In spite of that, Governor Palin's firing of Commissioner Monegan was a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads.

Finding Number Three
Harbor Adjustment Service of Anchorage, and its owner Ms. Murleen Wilkes handled Trooper Michael Wooten's workers' compensation claim properly and in the normal course of business like any other claim processed by Harbor Adjustment Service and Ms. Wilkes. Further, Trooper Wooten received all the workers' compensation benefits to which he was entitled.

Finding Number Four
The Attorney General's office has failed to substantially comply with my August 6, 2008 written request to Governor Sarah Palin for information about the case in the form of emails.

William Ayers would not be a story if Barack Obama was not the nominee.

Rev. Wright would not be a story if Barack Obama was not the nominee.

Gosh, I guess it's "fair game." :happy:

give me a break

are you aware of what happened?

Really?

I remember saying quite explicitly (and wrongly) that she would not be the nominee because of this ongoing scandal.

Clearly this WAS a story long before she was the nominee.

I do not agree with Palin's view regarding abortion in the case of rape.

This is a somewhat extreme view and it allows the extreme left to characterize those of us with reservations about abortion as bigots.

Are you surprised that any individual brought into this world because of such a situation would support such a thing?

Are you surprised that the mother of that person has to think about being raped by her own fucking father every time she looks at child?

Or that the person who's the product of the rape has to live with knowing that his or her father is really their grandfather, and that they came about not because their parents loved each other, but because of a brutal, disgusting violation of incestuous rape?

I do not agree with Palin's view regarding abortion in the case of rape.

This is a somewhat extreme view and it allows the extreme left to characterize those of us with reservations about abortion as bigots.

Actually its a very consistent view. Its based on the life of the child, and the only thing that could trump the life of the child in such a situation would be the life of the mother. The child is not at fault for what happened.

If you claim that the right to life begins at conception, how the conception occured is irrelevant to whether the pregnancy should continue.

Actually its a very consistent view. Its based on the life of the child, and the only thing that could trump the life of the child in such a situation would be the life of the mother. The child is not at fault for what happened.

If you claim that the right to life begins at conception, how the conception occured is irrelevant to whether the pregnancy should continue.

It's a bit late in the day for you to come out as a pro-life advocate. Over the many occasions when I and one or two others have tried to defend the pro-life movement on here, you haven't had a thing to say.

Are you surprised that the mother of that person has to think about being raped by her own fucking father every time she looks at child?

Or that the person who's the product of the rape has to live with knowing that his or her father is really their grandfather, and that they came about not because their parents loved each other, but because of a brutal, disgusting violation of incestuous rape?

Thats actually not necessarily true. Some mothers may feel that way, but certainly not all. The same with the person who is the product of that rape.

What is totally absurd is that either of those things could be used to justify killing someone who is completely innocent.

It's a bit late in the day for you to come out as a pro-life advocate. Over the many occasions when I and one or two others have tried to defend the pro-life movement on here, you haven't had a thing to say.

Thats not true at all actually.

Thats actually not necessarily true. Some mothers may feel that way, but certainly not all. The same with the person who is the product of that rape.

Ah, and it's not necessarily true that a person created from such a catastrophic event would prefer to be alive. Some may feel that way, but certainly not all; some may feel extraordinary guilt or be psychologically damaged by the knowledge.

If my point is not valid, then neither is yours by the very same logic.

What is totally absurd is that either of those things could be used to justify killing someone who is completely innocent.

I find it equally absurd that one would allow the further destruction of a raped child's life because we're assuming we know how the product of conception would feel.

But that's for another thread. :wink:

The pro-life movement cracks me up, because it's almost entirely composed of supporters of the death penalty.

It's like that whole doublethink thing from 1984.

And, STING, your argument defending Palin's view on rape victims and abortions is beyond absurd. It doesn't make any sense for you to decide whether or not a mother can handle looking at a child who was fathered by a rapist.

Pallin' around with terrorists.

20080923_conversation_560x375.jpg

And, STING, your argument defending Palin's view on rape victims and abortions is beyond absurd. It doesn't make any sense for you to decide whether or not a mother can handle looking at a child who was fathered by a rapist.

In case you and others have not noticed, we have a new forum mod who just stated the following:

Let's save the abortion debate for another thread, guys.

Palin talks economic worries in Appalachian Ohio

By PHILIP ELLIOTT, Associated Press, Oct. 12

ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (AP) — Sarah Palin told voters in southeastern Ohio on Sunday that she and running mate John McCain would bring jobs back to this economically depressed piece of Appalachia. Using her folksy appeal, Palin highlighted her record as mayor of a city about the size of this small one near the West Virginia border.

She said Democratic rival Barack Obama doesn't understand places like this. "I love 'Small Town USA' because hardworking, good American (families), you just get it," Palin said while standing on a stage with an open barn as her backdrop. "It's kind of like those simple lessons our parents used to teach us: Don't spend more than you have," Palin said. "It's that commonsense conservatism that is John McCain. ... American just cannot afford another big spender in the White House."

McCain and his running mate have toned down their attacks on rival Barack Obama. Last Monday, Palin said Obama was "palling around with terrorists." On Friday, after voters at campaign rallies shouted "terrorist" and "off with his head" toward the stage, McCain called Obama "a decent, family man" whom the public shouldn't fear and cut off a woman who called him an Arab.

On Sunday, one man shouted out "Obama loves terrorists" as Palin talked about "the bad guys."

The character attacks, it appears, are now out of Palin's stump speech as the economy has become the issue on which this election will be decided. "All across America, I know that there's a lot of anger right now," Palin said. "There's anger about the insider dealing of lobbyists. And anger at the greed of Wall Street. And anger about the arrogance of the Washington elite."

"That's right. Throw them out," a voter shouted.

"We need serious reforms to change Washington. John McCain is going to turn your anger into action," Palin promised. She also noted her opponents' records on abortion rights, an issue key to social conservatives who initially were lukewarm toward McCain's campaign but have found enthusiasm after the pick of Palin. "I'm not being negative. But please check out his record," Palin said, referencing Obama's pro-abortion rights positions.

A man in the crowd shouted, "Killer!"

As McCain met with his economic team to consider new proposals, Palin emphasized the kitchen-table issues that dominate this small town, where farmers work the rolling hills and the streets are filled with shuttered small businesses. "The smell of the hay, the smell of the cut grass is just beautiful," Palin said, noting this town is about the same size as her hometown of Wasilla, Alaska.
by Scott Conroy, CBS News, Oct. 12

(ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio) - At an outdoor rally in this rural town in coal country, Sarah Palin told a cheering crowd that one of the reasons they should support her and John McCain is that the Republicans know that terrorists are “the bad guys.” “We understand how important it is that this team be elected,” Palin said. “For one thing, we know who the bad guys are, OK? We know—we know that in the war, it’s terrorists, terrorists who hate America and her allies and would seek to destroy us, and the bad guys are those who would support and sympathize with the terrorists. They do not like America because of what we stand for: liberty, freedom, equal rights.”

Palin extrapolated her “good guys vs. bad guys” outlook into the realm of economic policy, promising to end “arrogant and selfish practices” in government and business. “Now in the economic crisis that we’re in, we know there, too, who the bad guys are,” she said. “In this time of economic crisis, we know it’s been those who have been greedy and corrupt and arrogant and have taken advantage of hardworking honest Americans. And just as important though, we know who the good guys are, and it is you, and we will fight for you, and we will put government on your side. We will end the arrogant and the selfish practices of Washington and of Wall Street because your United States government is to be of the people, by the people, for the people.”

“For one thing, we know who the bad guys are, OK? We know—we know that in the war, it’s terrorists, terrorists who hate America and her allies and would seek to destroy us, and the bad guys are those who would support and sympathize with the terrorists. They do not like America because of what we stand for: liberty, freedom, equal rights.”

"We know who the bad guys are, ok?" This is not the level of rhetoric I expect from someone running for the 2nd highest office in the land. Implying that your opponent is a terrorist sympathizer is bad enough (will someone finally, and quite publically, call her out on this ridiculous bunk?), but when "well we know who the bad guys are" is your retort... quite frankly I'd expect better from high school students.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom