Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #331
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
Well, shit! Why am I not McCain's VP? I'm a quick learner. Why, just last week I learned how the entire sales and cash process works at my new job. I'm ready to handle the economy!
One of my family members is an evangelical Christian anti-abortion hockey mom with two children with special needs. Today she talked my ear off about the economic crisis with an amazing depth of understanding. She's the incredibly smart Sarah Palin, way smarter than me. I have never been able to bullshit my way through something I don't understand which is one reason why I've always had a fair amount of performance anxiety - I over-prepare for meetings because I have to know what I'm talking about or I look completely stupid bullshitting my way through it. I used to have nightmares where I was unprepared for something and was being put on the spot - like some people have nightmares about going to work with no pants on. Watching Sarah Palin in that Katie Couric interview was like watching one of those nightmares. It was just painful. I am absolutely horrified that she's the VP candidate. It's just beyond astonishing and insulting to the American people (a lot of whom, granted, are stupid).
__________________

__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 09-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #332
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London/Sydney
Posts: 6,608
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Exactly. And it really is only a focus because of McCain’s age. If he were younger/perceived to be healthier, then she could easily slot in there and run on a more deflective (and honest) “Foreign policy? That’s his job, I am going to specifically work on the (insert softer domestic issues here – family something/education something/literacy something/whatever)” type thing and it probably would work, and likely be more okay with a lot of people. That she may have to step into the # 1 job, where not only does she need to know 'a bit' about foreign policy, but to be truly good at it, be a bit of a genius in the field... umm....
__________________

__________________
Earnie Shavers is offline  
Old 09-25-2008, 10:23 PM   #333
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,668
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
This is one of the things I was alluding to. She listens to the interviewer's question and then tries to use the same words for her answer. But "rights to express" and expressing one's rights is not the same.
Excellent point.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 09-25-2008, 10:23 PM   #334
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
This is one of the things I was alluding to. She listens to the interviewer's question and then tries to use the same words for her answer. But "rights to express" and expressing one's rights is not the same.
I just realized that Sarah Palin turns into the SNL character Nicholas Fehn when giving answers, in terms of how she has trouble completing thoughts.

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Update: Nicolas Fehn
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 09-25-2008, 10:23 PM   #335
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Couric will probably make a more competent VP!
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 09-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #336
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
One of my family members is an evangelical Christian anti-abortion hockey mom with two children with special needs. Today she talked my ear off about the economic crisis with an amazing depth of understanding. She's the incredibly smart Sarah Palin, way smarter than me. I have never been able to bullshit my way through something I don't understand which is one reason why I've always had a fair amount of performance anxiety - I over-prepare for meetings because I have to know what I'm talking about or I look completely stupid bullshitting my way through it. I used to have nightmares where I was unprepared for something and was being put on the spot - like some people have nightmares about going to work with no pants on. Watching Sarah Palin in that Katie Couric interview was like watching one of those nightmares. It was just painful. I am absolutely horrified that she's the VP candidate. It's just beyond astonishing and insulting to the American people (a lot of whom, granted, are stupid).
I'm with you on all counts.
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 09-25-2008, 10:25 PM   #337
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
mobvok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: boom clap
Posts: 4,433
Local Time: 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
This is one of the things I was alluding to. She listens to the interviewer's question and then tries to use the same words for her answer. But "rights to express" and expressing one's rights is not the same.
Sorry if this was already posted before, but here's another example:

Quote:
Couric: When President Bush ran for office, he opposed nation-building. But he has spent, as you know, much of his presidency promoting democracy around the world. What lessons have you learned from Iraq? And how specifically will you try to spread democracy throughout the world?

Palin: Specifically, we will make every effort possible to help spread democracy for those who desire freedom, independence, tolerance, respect for equality. That is the whole goal here in fighting terrorism also. It's not just to keep the people safe but to be able to usher in democratic values and ideals around this, around the world.
See, now her vague platitudes are specific platitudes, because she used Couric's word "specifically".
__________________
mobvok is offline  
Old 09-25-2008, 10:29 PM   #338
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
I just realized that Sarah Palin turns into the SNL character Nicholas Fehn when giving answers, in terms of how she has trouble completing thoughts.

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Update: Nicolas Fehn
OMG! I'd never seen this! That's fucking hilarious!
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 09-25-2008, 10:34 PM   #339
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
Watching Sarah Palin in that Katie Couric interview was like watching one of those nightmares. It was just painful. I am absolutely horrified that she's the VP candidate. It's just beyond astonishing and insulting to the American people (a lot of whom, granted, are stupid).
It's astonishing like you said and really sad that almost half the population of the United States is thinking of voting for her! I simply cannot fathom this mindset after what I've heard coming out of her mouth! I mean do you people have standards at all?
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 09-25-2008, 10:38 PM   #340
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
It's astonishing like you said and really sad that almost half the population of the United States is thinking of voting for her! I simply cannot fathom this mindset after what I've heard coming out of her mouth! I mean do you people have standards at all?
Well, like somebody said, some people want their candidates to be like them--only dumber.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 09-25-2008, 10:44 PM   #341
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
OMG! I'd never seen this! That's fucking hilarious!
I wish they'd do that sketch every week. It's the funniest thing on SNL in years.
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 09-25-2008, 10:48 PM   #342
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
I just realized that Sarah Palin turns into the SNL character Nicholas Fehn when giving answers, in terms of how she has trouble completing thoughts.

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Update: Nicolas Fehn
I love him! They should have a skit with an interview between him and Sarah Palin/Tina Fey.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 09-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #343
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
I love him! They should have a skit with an interview between him and Sarah Palin/Tina Fey.
That would be awesomeness of epic proportions

Fred Armisen/Nicholas Fehn- "So Governor Palin, My mom, do you think, the war, my cat is hilarious, NO!, the economy."

Tina Fey/Sarah Palin- "Your mom, it's, here's the situation, the war and bad guys, I could really go for some elk stew, is that your car?, McCain is good."
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 09-25-2008, 10:58 PM   #344
New Yorker
 
Daddysgonnapay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,701
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobvok View Post
Sorry if this was already posted before, but here's another example:

Couric: When President Bush ran for office, he opposed nation-building. But he has spent, as you know, much of his presidency promoting democracy around the world. What lessons have you learned from Iraq? And how specifically will you try to spread democracy throughout the world?

Palin: Specifically, we will make every effort possible to help spread democracy for those who desire freedom, independence, tolerance, respect for equality. That is the whole goal here in fighting terrorism also. It's not just to keep the people safe but to be able to usher in democratic values and ideals around this, around the world.

See, now her vague platitudes are specific platitudes, because she used Couric's word "specifically".
It is as if she were answering questions in a beauty pagent or something
__________________
Daddysgonnapay is offline  
Old 09-25-2008, 10:59 PM   #345
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddysgonnapay View Post
It is as if she were answering questions in a beauty pagent or something
Clearly, you missed out on Sarah Palin's extensive domestic policy experience as the runner-up in the 1984 Miss Alaska pageant. 1984, how very Orwellian of her.
__________________

__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com