Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know reading that interview I could actually hear where her voice gets higher and she does the cutesy thing. It makes me chringe reading it, thank God I never downloaded the mp3.

I have no idea why I was watching the View one day but I was and John McCain was on. He got slammed. Joy Behar(sp) was giving it to him. She's always on Larry King and is a liberal. They really gave it to him. A few days after I was reading about how McCain got a far worse ride on The View than Obama. The View's defense was that Obama wasn't the nominee yet and if he came back on the show they would go after him just as bad. Kinda lame excuse but whatever. Just imagine if Rosie was still on that show, WATCH OUT!!

Just listening to Bill O'Riely's radio factor and even he thinks Biden is gonna win. And I don't think he's all that impressed with her.

He's out numbered big time there. Feel sorry for the guy.

I love EH come back about how man has always changed things after the fact

when Maher makes the point how the birth of christ wasn't decided upon until some 400 years after the JC was born.

The whole "talking to god" thing is really old. Maher was right to say or imply that she is looney.

how do we know that this wouldn't have happened to Abraham Lincoln as well?

:tsk: How dare you joke about his assassination? I mean, how he handled that is one of the qualities/experiences that made him a great president. :tsk:

Bill Maher is a blowhard who loves the sound of his own voice. I used to like him until I saw the way he treated those audience members asking questions about 9/11. He was a complete and utter asshole to them - so much so that I instantly saw the real Bill Maher. His refusal to deal with any questions on 9/11 - including from family members of the victims - shows me he's a complete phony. He uses his pulpit to make fun of the easiest things possible i.e. George W. Bush (geez, that's real hard to do Bill) and the obsurdities of extreme religious beliefs (again, super in depth hard stuff to tackle Bill) but when it comes to issues that are a little more complex he steers clear. Every time I see him now I feel sick to my stomach. And I'm not kidding.

A serious political commentator certainly shouldn't refer to her as a "bimbo," even if he did simultaneously slap Dubya and Quayle with the label as well.

Bill Maher is a blowhard who loves the sound of his own voice. I used to like him until I saw the way he treated those audience members asking questions about 9/11. He was a complete and utter asshole to them - so much so that I instantly saw the real Bill Maher. His refusal to deal with any questions on 9/11 - including from family members of the victims - shows me he's a complete phony. He uses his pulpit to make fun of the easiest things possible i.e. George W. Bush (geez, that's real hard to do Bill) and the obsurdities of extreme religious beliefs (again, super in depth hard stuff to tackle Bill) but when it comes to issues that are a little more complex he steers clear. Every time I see him now I feel sick to my stomach. And I'm not kidding.

I don't know if we're thinking of the same incident, but if we are, those people were in the audience and were disrupting the show, shouting out things dealing with conspiracy theories dealing with the government being responsible for 9/11, and that was what Maher shot down.

I don't know if we're thinking of the same incident, but if we are, those people were in the audience and were disrupting the show, shouting out things dealing with conspiracy theories dealing with the government being responsible for 9/11, and that was what Maher shot down.

You are thinking about the same incident. I applauded Maher for his handling of that. Disrupting a TV show isn't exactly a good way to get your voice heard, much less your opinion legitimized.

I don't take Mahar as a serious commentator. He's entertainment. But some of what he says points out the obsurtity of people arguements, ie. Noahs Ark.

In reference to those idiot 911 people. I watched that about an hour ago. Those idiots want to come into a live show and distrupt a show because of their false and disproved theories! Good on Bill Mahar for telling them to Fuck Off! You know why he doesn't take questions from them? Because their delusional! I wouldn't give them the time of day! Like Bill said, its the only thing that he and Bush agree on. I think he did the right thing and I think he should have been more forceful(in terms of words)!

I'm thinking Harry may have been one of them, I don't know why anyone else would take that incident as him being phony or make anyone sick to their stomach...

You are thinking about the same incident. I applauded Maher for his handling of that. Disrupting a TV show isn't exactly a good way to get your voice heard, much less your opinion legitimized.

Why does your opinions not surprise me. The guy was a rude asshole - period!!! Just the way he threw a temper tantrum was one of the most despicable things I've ever seen from a so called open minded left of center talk show host. How he stood up and said something like " Audience - in Latin means TO LISTEN" just proved to me how he really feels about his "audience" - they're a great audience ONLY if they listen to him. The anger which he went about trying to throw these people out was disgraceful. Why SO ANGRY Bill??? He's never even tried to discuss anything but the Government story on 9/11...geez, for a guy who considers himself a libertarian why wouldn't he even discuss this topic. Instead he has rallied against ANY discussion of 9/11 calling anyone who differs on his view "nutcases" " idiots" and the like. Now he's trying to take on religion in the simplest of ways. Calling everyone and anyone who believes in God "brainwashed" - oh, how open minded of you Bill. The truth is he's either one of the biggest corporate shills of our time OR just another so called "left wing" blowhard with an inflated ego. I actually cannot stand the man, and believe me, if I ever come across him and he treats me like he treated those in his audience who dared speak up, he'll be up against much more than he can chew. Matter of fact, he might not have any teeth left to chew with.:mad:

I'm thinking Harry may have been one of them, I don't know why anyone else would take that incident as him being phony or make anyone sick to their stomach...

Sorry. I wasn't there. If I was he would have had a mouthful of my fist...or at least some rotten egg on his face. I've showed that video to many people that are fans of his - not once did someone defend him like I'm hearing hear. Most people agreed he was way too over the top - yes, even those who buy the Government's story. I can't believe you guys are defending this guy as much as you are. Maybe I'll save some eggs for you.

Why does your opinions not surprise me. The guy was a rude asshole - period!!! Just the way he threw a temper tantrum was one of the most despicable things I've ever seen from a so called open minded left of center talk show host. How he stood up and said something like " Audience - in Latin means TO LISTEN" just proved to me how he really feels about his "audience" - they're a great audience ONLY if they listen to him. ... Matter of fact, he might not have any teeth left to chew with.:mad:

It was a TV show, not a Q & A with the audience!!!!! They were being completely rude, they weren't asking for a debate!!! I applaud Bill on how he handled it. :applaud:

And it's absolutely laughable how you self righteously attack Maher on how he handled the situation, yet you admit you would handle the situation of meeting him with violence... Wow, yeah you're the better man.:|

Sorry. I wasn't there. If I was he would have had a mouthful of my fist...or at least some rotten egg on his face. I've showed that video to many people that are fans of his - not once did someone defend him like I'm hearing hear. Most people agreed he was way too over the top - yes, even those who buy the Government's story. I can't believe you guys are defending this guy as much as you are. Maybe I'll save some eggs for you.

Buy the Governments story?

How about use his brain and come to a indisputable conclusion. These 911 idiots interupted a union protest of ours. It was the 6th anniv of 911 and they started going off about how we are all to blame because we all work for oil companies and big multi national contractors. Fuck them and their theories! If they had any credablility they would get on these shows but they don't!

I'm gonna step away from this topic cause it has nothing to do with the election.

Anyone who believes 9/11 was a conspiracy deserves exactly what happened when they rudely interrupted his show. There's legitimate opinions Maher disagrees with, but that's not one. Anyone who believes 9/11 is a conspiracy is just a moron, plain and simple, and should not have their opinions respected.

Why does your opinions not surprise me. The guy was a rude asshole - period!!!

Those guys who started yelling right in the middle of the show, as Maher and his guests were talking, were the rude assholes (- period!!!). What do you expect, that Maher would put his show on hold to let these people shout on and on about their conspiracy theories? Give me a break.

And what the hell does being a libertarian have to do with believing conspiracy theories? You're drawing connections that aren't there, Harry. (period!!!)

I do agree with you on his views on religion. I can see where he's coming from and can see the point he's trying to make, but he does go over the top in making it. However, to be fair to Maher, he isn't afraid to bring on guests that disagree with him on numerous issues, and I actually think that Andrew Sullivan has made several very effective counter-arguments to Maher's religious views on several occasions. Last week's episode being one prime example.

I actually cannot stand the man, and believe me, if I ever come across him and he treats me like he treated those in his audience who dared speak up, he'll be up against much more than he can chew. Matter of fact, he might not have any teeth left to chew with.:mad:

Because violence is the ultimate way to win an argument of words! You show 'em, Harry!

:rolleyes:

Maher's hilarious, and one of the few people left who speaks his mind. Sure, I don't agree with him, but I respect the hell out of the fact that he doesn't pander, he just says what he feels like.

If he was pandering, he wouldn't shit on religion all the time. Both sides of the aisle think what he does is extreme. And it is. But it's honest, and he's one of the only ones left who will do that.

Why does your opinions not surprise me. The guy was a rude asshole - period!!! Just the way he threw a temper tantrum was one of the most despicable things I've ever seen from a so called open minded left of center talk show host. How he stood up and said something like " Audience - in Latin means TO LISTEN" just proved to me how he really feels about his "audience" - they're a great audience ONLY if they listen to him. The anger which he went about trying to throw these people out was disgraceful. Why SO ANGRY Bill??? He's never even tried to discuss anything but the Government story on 9/11...geez, for a guy who considers himself a libertarian why wouldn't he even discuss this topic. Instead he has rallied against ANY discussion of 9/11 calling anyone who differs on his view "nutcases" " idiots" and the like. Now he's trying to take on religion in the simplest of ways. Calling everyone and anyone who believes in God "brainwashed" - oh, how open minded of you Bill. The truth is he's either one of the biggest corporate shills of our time OR just another so called "left wing" blowhard with an inflated ego. I actually cannot stand the man, and believe me, if I ever come across him and he treats me like he treated those in his audience who dared speak up, he'll be up against much more than he can chew. Matter of fact, he might not have any teeth left to chew with.:mad:

Those people just started shouting the middle of the show. They did once, twice, and Maher and his guests just tried to laugh it off. A third time, and Maher had to act. He did the right thing. Those people were obnoxious, regardless of WHAT they were talking about. You don't just start shouting during a television show when four people are trying to have a conversation. Maher did the right thing. You're the first person I've seen say otherwise. And this is from a person who doesn't dismiss conspiracy theories altogether(no, I don't think the planes going into the buildings was an inside job at all, but the the way the buildings fell so perfectly straight down has always bugged me, although I haven't necessarily ever been able to think of a rational alternative scenario to the accepted one that makes any sense, so I generally don't dwell on it).

Those people just started shouting the middle of the show. They did once, twice, and Maher and his guests just tried to laugh it off. A third time, and Maher had to act. He did the right thing. Those people were obnoxious, regardless of WHAT they were talking about. You don't just start shouting during a television show when four people are trying to have a conversation. Maher did the right thing. You're the first person I've seen say otherwise. And this is from a person who doesn't dismiss conspiracy theories altogether(no, I don't think the planes going into the buildings was an inside job at all, but the the way the buildings fell so perfectly straight down has always bugged me, although I haven't necessarily ever been able to think of a rational alternative scenario to the accepted one that makes any sense, so I generally don't dwell on it).

O.K. O.K., Now that I've settled down somewhat I beg the question...If Bill Maher is so open minded and has guests whose views differ from his own and thinks those audience members were kooks then why didn't he have them on a future show - in his mind, so he could tear them apart??? See, he's afraid to even discuss 9/11 and that is what really bothers me. And I'm not saying he should have THOSE particular people who were in the audience on his show but rather ANYONE who would discuss a different view on 9/11. As far as him being "cool" for his over-the-top attacks on religion - geez, that's a real tough subject to make fun of. C'mon. Really. It's one of the easiest ones in the book and not radical at all. When you really look at it it's all too easy isn't it?

Anyone who believes 9/11 was a conspiracy deserves exactly what happened when they rudely interrupted his show. There's legitimate opinions Maher disagrees with, but that's not one. Anyone who believes 9/11 is a conspiracy is just a moron, plain and simple, and should not have their opinions respected.

People like you make me want to...

I'm not saying anything is written in stone but people like you are absolutley BRAINWASHED. Plain and simple. You simply cannot accept that there MIGHT be something else going on. In your statement you are attacking some victims' families, some firefighters, some scientists, some average folks. You show a pigheadedness that's beyond normal. And you dare call anyone who questions that day as "moron" and that they "should not have their opinions respected" SHAME ON YOU!!!!

P.S. The debate gets under way in less than an hour so I guess we can get back to Sarah Palin soon. What a weirdly brief but angry interlude this was. Never thought I could get so mad writing on a computer screen. Huh.

People like you make me want to...

I'm not saying anything is written in stone but people like you are absolutley BRAINWASHED. Plain and simple. In your statement you are attacking some victims' families, some firefighters, some scientists, some average folks. You show a pigheadedness that's beyond normal. And you dare call anyone who questions that day as "moron" and that they "should not have their opinions respected" SHAME ON YOU!!!!

P.S. The debate gets under way in less than an hour so I guess we can get back to Sarah Palin soon. What a weirdly brief but angry interlude this was. Never though I could get so mad writing on a computer screen. Huh.

You're from Winnipeg, you are allowed to get as angry as possible!

:hug:

What a weirdly brief but angry interlude this was. Never thought I could get so mad writing on a computer screen. Huh.

Really? Harry, sweetie, you work yourself into a lather all the time. Perhaps this one felt different to you, but it looks a whole hell of a lot like your normal FYM posting style. :shrug:

Let's try it this way:-

"Anyone who believes that Saddam was not behind 9/11, is just a moron, plain and simple, and should not have their opinions respected."

But, anyway, 9/11 was a conspiracy, full stop. The only matter up for debate is which particular conspiracy theory, of the various competing ones, you happen to believe.

It is known that the US government lied regarding Saddam's links to Al Qaeda. There is no particular reason to believe they did not also lie about 9/11.

That question should have been asked in the debate. I can't believe that was her real answer :huh: What the hell

Huffington Post

In an interview aired Thursday, Sarah Palin claimed that Dick Cheney's worst act as vice president was his "duck hunting accident."

As part of Katie Couric's interview series with both VP candidates, Palin and Joe Biden were asked to name the best and worst things that Cheney has done over the last eight years. The responses stood in stark contrast, to say the least.

Biden offered a withering critique of Cheney, charging that he had "done more harm than any other single elected official in my memory in terms of shredding the Constitution," citing the vice president's promotion of "torture as a policy" and the idea of the unitary executive. Even Biden's "praise" for Cheney was brutal: "I admire his willingness to take positions that are completely contrary to popular opinion."

Flash to Palin, sporting a goofy smile: "Worst thing, I guess, that woulda been the duck hunting accident, where, you know, that was, that was an accident. And that was made into a caricature of him, and that was kind of unfortunate." (In fact, Cheney accidentally shot his friend Harry Whittington during a quail hunting trip.)

Cheney's best act, according to Palin: "[H]e's shown his support along with George W. Bush of our troops."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom