Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First - why the question???
Who asks ANYONE that question???

Second - why the persistence on exactly WHAT newspaper?????

Third - why, again, the persistence on exactly "WHAT" newspaper??????

Fourth - why didn't she just name any Alaskan newspaper...she CAN'T be THAT stupid??? Can she????

This is getting so weird that I'm getting suspicious.

The truth will be told Thursday at the debates. Can't wait.

As President, VP, or any high government official, it's important to receive and study information from a variety of news sources on the international, national, and even local levels. I'd like to know all 4 of these candidates answers on that question. If she's reading her hometown paper and nothing else, than she's not going to be reading much national and international news beyond that. If a VP doesn't know the ins and outs of at least every major current event, they have no business in the office.

It keeps getting worse:|
Palin, A Journalism Major, Can't Name A News Source She Reads

How lovely. It's nice to know that if my future hypothetical 15 year old daughter ends up being raped by her future hypothetical uncle, Palin would advise her to keep the baby. It's also fascinating to know that I chose to be straight. I wish I had a better recollection of the day a few years ago when I woke up and said, "I think I'd rather be attracted to men."

Q: What ones, specifically?

A: All of them.

Awesome.

Seriously, SNL doesn't even have to write skits about her. They can just copy her verbatim. :up:

Fourth - why didn't she just name any Alaskan newspaper...she CAN'T be THAT stupid??? Can she????

Why the question? Trying to figure out whether or not she has a clue. If she hasn’t got the experience, does she at least have the basic understanding and interest in the subject? Do you at least keep up to date? Do you at least have a history of trying to inform yourself? Do you even read the freakin’ newspaper? You wouldn't need to ask that of any of Obama/McCain/Biden, would you?

What newspaper? Trying to catch her out.

Why the persistance? Because she caught her out.

Why can’t she name any paper? I’m sure she could. Obviously she could. No-one is that stupid. She can probably name 30, 40, even if she’s never read a single one of them. It’s either a demonstration of her not being able to think quickly at all, or she’s really starting to freak out: “Okay, I don’t read newspapers, what do I say? Fuck! Do I just name a random paper or two? But then what if she asks me to name my favourite columnists from those papers? Or what if I accidently name a homo-supportive communist leftie paper?”

Q: What ones, specifically?

A: All of them.

Awesome.

Seriously, SNL doesn't even have to write skits about her. They can just copy her verbatim. :up:

Wait, she's read every single newspaper currently in existence?:ohmy: Impressive.:lol: And, hey, quoting her verbatim certainly worked last Saturday night for SNL, so :hi5:

I was wondering that too, but you gotta admit that "The Wall Street Journal, moron" or "Time Magazine, and why are you asking me this?" would have shut down these sort of questions very fast. Or "Brown v. Board of Education".

I wouldn't be surprised to see any future questioners keep hammering these sorts of remedial "can you name the three branches of government" type questions, simply because they're newsmaking in Palin's inability to clear a very low bar. And it's an easy way for the interviewers to become YouTube hits. :lol:

palin-facebook-2.jpg

LMAO!
that is brilliant. I love the places visited. :hyper:

Why did CBS news just release this clip today if they had it last week? Why not release the entire interview at once instead of leaking it out in bits and pieces over several days or weeks?

Why did CBS news just release this clip today if they had it last week? Why not release the entire interview at once instead of leaking it out in bits and pieces over several days or weeks?

Because, to release it all at once would be mass murder through laughing or crying (individual responses are different).

Sting, do you think Sarah Palin was the right choice?

I said right away she was the wrong choice, but even I couldn't have imagined this horror show.

Strongbow, it is a second, completely separate interview isn't it? Couric asks her about the response to the initial one 'a week ago' during it.

Sting, do you think Sarah Palin was the right choice?

I said right away she was the wrong choice, but even I couldn't have imagined this horror show.

Based strictly on her experience as a governor and having the highest approval rating, before being picked, of any politician in the country, yes. For the past 40 years, the winning ticket in every presidential election has always had at least one person that was a governor or former governor except in 1988. Having someone that is considered outside the beltway has been important to Americans for the past 40 years. So that tends to be an important winning element, which is why Obama nearly picked Tim Kaine.

The current "horrow show" is essentially based on a single interview. If you think you can sum up a person in just a few questions or statements, then I can list plenty of things that people like Al Gore have said that would raise just as many questions as Palin's CBS interview.

Regardless of whether one thinks the interview is a fair representation of her knowledge and ability or not, clearly the public perception that is being formed from the interview is a negative one. Its hard to tell how much of an impact it has had, if at all given that McCain's poll numbers did not really start to drop until the financial crises which started before the CBS interview.

I'm definitely concerned though because the last thing McCain needs is his VP nominee causing harm to the ticket. Overall, I can't fully answer the question at the moment. In about 48 hours were going to hear her debate Joe Biden for 90 minutes, just 39 days after she was called by McCain to come visit him in Arizona. I'm sure there will be more interviews and speeches. Its going to depend on how I think she helps or hurts McCain's chances of winning. Clearly, she was a huge boost to the ticket when she was picked, and there simply is not another nominee that could have done what she did for McCain, at least initially.

Strongbow, it is a second, completely separate interview isn't it? Couric asks her about the response to the initial one 'a week ago' during it.

I don't know and I did not see a part yet where she asks about an interview with Couric specifically from a week before.

Yes, there are 2 interviews.

One is the horror show one.

The other one is the one where McCain showed up to babysit her like a father at a parent-teacher interview and then barely let her speak and railed against "gotcha journalists" which then prompted the networks to interview this "gotcha journalist" who turned out to be a voter that asked a genuine question in a pizza parlour where she was campaigning.

I'm wondering if the bar hasn't been set extraordinarily low for Palin because of all her flubs. She might end up exceeding expectations come Thursday night.

I don't really think she's as dumb as she appears (and as we're blowing her up in our minds to be). It's not to say that I think she should be vice president (I don't) but I don't think she's truly a blooming idiot.

I think the chances of her coming out better than everyone expects are very high.

The focus will be totally different to the Presidential debate, obviously. Afterwards, no-one is going to be picking through the details of whatever Biden said about the financial crisis or whatever, it will totally be about whether or not Palin said something completely stupid and how her and Biden handled each other. That’s it. Surely all the advice Biden is getting says that he should leave her alone, let her dig her own hole, no matter what she says, do not attack, do not be condescending. That gives her loads of room, maybe more space and less of a challenge than any candidate ever. All she has to do is regurgitate the kind of dumb talking points that the Republican base adores and show a bit of personality. She’s shown she knows those talking points back to front (just hasn’t really thought them through) and she’s certainly got personality. She just has to not ramble nonsense or say something truly stupid. The game Biden has to play is much more difficult. He’s the one stepping out into a minefield, not her. She just has to keep her head together and hope that the moderator doesn’t ask follow up questions to anything she says.

I don't really think she's as dumb as she appears (and as we're blowing her up in our minds to be). It's not to say that I think she should be vice president (I don't) but I don't think she's truly a blooming idiot.

All joking aside, I don't think she's "dumb" or an idiot either. At this point in time in 2008 I just think she's out of her league and ill prepared for this job.

The only thing that's just as bad in my mind as overlooking a qualified woman for a job because she's a woman is choosing an unqualified one for the wrong reasons-for any reason. Especially for pandering to women reasons, that's offensive. I'd say the same if Obama had chosen an equally out of her league woman.

I'm sticking with my feeling that she's dim. I'm not saying she has a shockingly low IQ, just that she's not a bright woman.

I don't blame her for this; it's McCain's fault.

At this point in time in 2008 I just think she's out of her league and ill prepared for this job.

She's not the village idiot. But she's dumb in the sense that she thought she could pull this off. She's way in over her head. And it's not so much the experience factor as it is the fact that she comes off as someone who's lived in a very isolated world and she is content with that world. Now she's trying to cram the rest of the world into a few weeks of life...

I'm sticking with my feeling that she's dim. I'm not saying she has a shockingly low IQ, just that she's not a bright woman.

I feel the same way. Clearly, we're elitist liberals because we actually are aware and somewhat knowledgeable of our government(s) and what is going on in the world around us. If only I had known it wasn't important, I could have saved myself a lot of learning and thought.:sigh:

I thought GWB was out of his league and in over his head and I still do-and we all know(well with the exception of a few unnamed holdouts) how that turned out.

Joe Six Pack? Is that like having a beer with Bush? I thought I read yesterday that the Palins own a bunch of property as well. She must be worried about foreclosure too. I don't think she's an "everyday working class American". I don't think any of the candidates are.

Palin says she represents 'Joe Six-pack'

Wed Oct 1, 12:47 AM ET

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin portrayed herself Tuesday as a champion of everyday people while noting her family's stock portfolio took a $20,000 hit last week.

"It's time that normal Joe Six-pack American is finally represented in the position of vice presidency," the Republican vice presidential candidate told radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt.

Palin said if she and John McCain win, they will "put government back on the side of the people of Joe Six-pack like me."

Palin said she and her husband, Todd, have been affected by the economic downturn.

"I know what Americans are going through," she said a day after a record 778-point plunge on Wall Street. "Todd and I, heck, we're going through that right now even as we speak, which may put me again kind of on the outs of those Washington elite who don't like the idea of just an everyday, working-class American running for such an office."

Palin makes $125,000 yearly as governor, and her husband makes about $90,000 a year combined from his commercial fishing business and his part-time job as a production operator on the North Slope.

Palin said her husband's 401(k) retirement account lost probably $20,000 in the last week as the market dropped.

According to the most recent state financial disclosure forms, filed March 10, 2008, the Palins had about $164,699 in a private investment account and $198,102 in a separate retirement account.

"The relatively low number of investments that we have, looking at the hit that we're taking, probably $20,000 last week in his 401(k) plan that was hit. I'm thinking, geez, the rest of America, they're facing the exact same thing that we are," she said.

Palin was asked to clarify why things are tight for her family.

"It's just the great financial crisis that America is in, as our savings accounts also, and a 401(k), they're being hit," she said.

She didn't explain how her savings account was being affected.

I think we've had enough of a "Joe Six-pack" as president. We don't need one as VP.

We could use a Joe in office though. :hmm:

I wonder why America hasn't figured out Palin is a tool yet.

Out of all the possible choices for VPs, do some Americans actualy believe McCain really picked Palin for her "credentials?"

She obviously doesn't know what she's talking about. She's way in over her head and not ready to lead. And still I hear the excuses on the news networks that she has time to learn foreign policy and what not.

Hmm.....a month-long crash course on learning Vice-President 101. Wow, my confidence shot up tremendously.

Are people for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom