Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2008, 12:06 AM   #211
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
She is so stupid. This isn't funny anymore.

YouTube - CBS Sarah Palin interview

having her lack of intelligence, insight, interest, and preparation exposed by Katie Couric and thusly writ large on the teevee was only the second biggest, "well, duh, obviously, everyone knew that" moment of the day today.

the first biggest, "well, duh, obviously, everyone knew that" moment was when Clay Aiken officially came out.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:23 AM   #212
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

^I don't know. . .I don't think she came across as an idiot. I think she came across as someone saying a whole lot of nothing but then that's standard for most politicians on the campaign trail (Obama and McCain included). No one who is truly moronic would get very far at all in politics.

For me it's less about how much an idiot she is and more about why McCain chose her in the first place and what he's assuming (God-forbid, correctly) about how the electorate will make their voting decisions.

I see a lot of similiarities between Palin and Bush (and what people like about them) and THAT scares me.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #213
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
After he was in office for four years, W got nearly 51% of the vote and was re-elected to another four years in office.

I don't know that this says anything about Bush's intelligence one way or the other. What it says about the 51% though?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:28 AM   #214
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
^I don't know. . .I don't think she came across as an idiot. I think she came across as someone saying a whole lot of nothing but then that's standard for most politicians on the campaign trail (Obama and McCain included). No one who is truly moronic would get very far at all in politics.

For me it's less about how much an idiot she is and more about why McCain chose her in the first place and what he's assuming (God-forbid, correctly) about how the electorate will make their voting decisions.

I see a lot of similiarities between Palin and Bush (and what people like about them) and THAT scares me.

i really thought she came across as quite ill prepared and unable to not just think on her feet, but unable to effectively dodge questions and stonewall.

but i think your assessment is correct -- the person who comes off the worst here is McCain.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:28 AM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
No one who is truly moronic would get very far at all in politics.
Oh sure they could.

If they could get others to carry water for them.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:29 AM   #216
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I don't know that this says anything about Bush's intelligence one way or the other. What it says about the 51% though?

it says that it was 2004, we were in the midst of a war that had yet to turn truly nasty and become a civil war, and that we had government officials amping up "orange" alerts and telling us we'd all be killed if we voted for the Democrats. and a rather uncompelling senator from massachusetts.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:31 AM   #217
Blue Crack Supplier

and i wish i had written this, but someone referred to her Couric interview as a real "moose in the headlights" moment.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:32 AM   #218
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i really thought she came across as quite ill prepared and unable to not just think on her feet, but unable to effectively dodge questions and stonewall.
That's exactly what I was saying. This is a sign of a lack of intelligence more than it is a sign of a lack of information. If you put in somebody who is sharp, say a Bill Clinton and ask him questions that he knows he can't answer, you would still get a better interview because he is quick enough on his feet that he can intelligently deflect or play off the questions. She cannot.

It is a little bit like watching a witness testifying at a trial. It's really easy to spot people like this and I guarantee you that most litigators could probably be very good at ascertaining a person's relative intelligence this way. You take two people equally uninformed and ask them the same questions and I guarantee you that you'll be able to spot the more intelligent one. It is actually very simple.

So I stand by my assertion - she's not bright. I haven't had one moment of doubt about that in all my time of watching her speak (not that it's been extensive, thanks for that McCain).
Old 09-25-2008, 12:35 AM   #219
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:34 PM
so it's a virtue to be able to dodge questions and stonewall if you don't have correct answers?

<>
Old 09-25-2008, 12:36 AM   #220
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
so it's a virtue to be able to dodge questions and stonewall if you don't have correct answers?

<>

it's what an intelligent moose will do when he's caught in the headlights.

it's the dumb ones that get hit by those Ice Road Trucker trucks.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:38 AM   #221
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Well it's certainly something, although I wouldn't call it virtue, to be able to read words such as "virtue" into sentences which do not refer to such a notion in any way whatsoever.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:39 AM   #222
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Katie Couric: If this doesn’t pass, do you think there’s a risk of another Great Depression?

Sarah Palin: Unfortunately, that is the road that America may find itself on. Not necessarily this, as it’s been proposed, has to pass or we’re gonna find ourselves in another Great Depression. But there has to be action taken, bipartisan effort – Congress not pointing fingers at this point at … one another, but finding the solution to this, taking action and being serious about the reforms on Wall Street that are needed.

but what about reforms that US Americans should make in The Iraq?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:46 AM   #223
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Does this not scare anyone else?????
No. She has no acting experience...
Old 09-25-2008, 12:47 AM   #224
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote: