Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well all I can say is that you got to hand it to John McCain.

With all the concern over his health, if the guy every does have a seizure in office, who do you think he'd want giving him CPR?

Mitt or Sarah?

You do the math.

The man was thinking a head.

:sexywink:

LMAO I won't be surprised if that's all he really based his decision on!

I went over to FoxNews.com yesterday just cos I was curious what stories they're running and one of the top articles was one on both candidates' health, saying Obama and McCain have both been certified healthy enough to be alive for at least 2 terms or something like that. Nice move, Fox! :happy:

Well all I can say is that you got to hand it to John McCain.

With all the concern over his health, if the guy every does have a seizure in office, who do you think he'd want giving him CPR?

Mitt or Sarah?

You do the math.

The man was thinking a head.

:sexywink:

:up: your best post this season!

Here we go.

Ed Schultz is reporting that:

Capitol Hill sources are telling me that senior McCain people
are more than concerned about Palin. The campaign has held
a mock debate and a mock press conference; both are being described as "disastrous." One senior McCain aide was quoted as saying, "What are we going to do?" The McCain people want to move this first debate to some later, undetermined date, possibly never. People on the inside are saying the Alaska Governor is "clueless."

McCain's former campaign manager, Mike Murphy, in an interview with Pat Buchanan:

Well you know Pat, I never agreed with the Palin pick in the first place. I said she's a good base pick, but this is not a base vote type of year. The McCain camp has problems, because it seems CBS has more footage, and it's not any better, then what we've already seen.

Horror show.

so I watched them

she did a very good job

I honestly think you've been missing the plot for a while, deep. In a way that really concerns me.

Joe Scarborough, that former Republican Congressman librul had had enough (on the air):

If she can't answer basic questions, that's tough. Katie did not ask her tough questions, her questions were very fair. Apparently Katie asked her, "what's the worst thing Dick Cheney did", and she answered "Shooting his friend with the gun". Us Elections aren't a meritocracy, about picking the most qualified people, it's obvious she has very little knowledge of US facts. She may be a good person and a good governor, she has also has a high approval rating, but is this is the best person you can find for Vice President? but what does this say about Palin and McCain's judgment?

the interview simply underscores the basic argument that many of us have been putting forth since she was picked, a point that gets obscured when people pull Tim Kaine and Abraham Lincoln out of their asses.

it's not that Sarah Palin isn't smart, or tough, or has been an effective governor, or lacks the precise "experience" necessary to be president. she might be all these things, or she might not.

the point is that she's not prepared. she has not been engaged with national issues at all. she simply doesn't know what she's talking about. she doesn't. and that's fine -- an opinion on loose nukes in Pakistan, while probably something of concern to most citizens, isn't necessary for her to do her job as governor of 600,000 Alaskans.

she isn't prepared for national office. it's not about resume, it's not about what bills one has or hasn't passed. it's about presenting yourself as being credible to the American people.

and she hasn't done that. and the McCain camp knows this.

watching Anderson Cooper last night, i was struck by how even the GOP guy Ed Rollins seemed to agree that it was a disaster, and that her confidence has been shattered. i almost feel badly for Palin. she's in way over her head, and she probably had no idea what was coming.

but then again, her record shows that she's one of the "Mean Girls," and she did say yes.

:shrug:

i almost feel badly for Palin. she's in way over her head, and she probably had no idea what was coming.

She should have blinked before she said yes.

Look, Sarah Palin is clueless, that much is obvious. But this is really more about how horrific John McCain's judgment is for picking her in the first place.

A couple of weeks ago, I had this feeling in my gut, which was completely contrary to all the polls, that this thing was over. Even when my head told me the opposite, that things were close, deep in my heart, I just absolutely don't think it is. We'll see.

She should have blinked before she said yes.

Look, Sarah Palin is clueless, that much is obvious. But this is really more about how horrific John McCain's judgment is for picking her in the first place.

A couple of weeks ago, I had this feeling in my gut, which was completely contrary to all the polls, that this thing was over. Even when my head told me the opposite, that things were close, deep in my heart, I just absolutely don't think it is. We'll see.

i totally agree. i have no idea why she said yes. and why she put her daughter through a very public teenage pregnancy. perhaps it's sexist of me, but i couldn't help feeling for her as that meanie Katie Couric asked her 9th grade civics level questions, and she kept having to look down (at her lap? note cards? answers written on her palsm?) and i bet i wouldn't have felt so sympathetic towards a male in a similar situation and would have loved to watch him squirm.

it does seem, today at least, that this thing is over. that the wheels came off this week.

I don't want to make any wild predictions because we all know how quickly the nature of the political game can change, but as I was reading up on the WaMu debacle and Palin's disaster of an interview and falling support, I just got a feeling that McCain has lost himself the election. To borrow my grandma's words, "McCain dug his own grave" by picking Palin. The economic crisis, I think, will be his Waterloo, so to speak. He simply does not get it.

Partisan comments aside, how could she be that unprepared? Was that a spur of the moment interview? Was it last second?

I don't think so. As far as I know, it had been planned at least a few days in advance. We knew it was going to happen for a couple days before it was even taped. They could have given her 10 days notice, I doubt it would've changed anything. She simply is not knowledgeable or well-versed in matters on a national and international level when she has to think for herself.

Partisan comments aside, how could she be that unprepared? Was that a spur of the moment interview? Was it last second?

According to her own people, she's been cramming for 2 weeks now.

Which brings me back to my point that she's simply not bright.

Shortly after the first few public appearances, Sarah Palin was sent away to "study" - and while you can snicker at that, it really wasn't that strange. She needed to learn more about McCain's specific positions, and she needed to learn more about foreign policy issues. This was both in preparation for the debate and for the interviews which were to come.

My feeling has been that those sessions have been utter horror shows, and they know it. Now it seems like that has been confirmed with various commentary and rumors coming out. Maybe she's a slow learner. Maybe she's so nervous and on edge that she can't function. Who knows what's going on, but the thing is, if this is the best she can do, then it may be so that pulling her out of the debate, consequences be damned, may be the best idea they've got.

Shortly after the first few public appearances, Sarah Palin was sent away to "study" - and while you can snicker at that, it really wasn't that strange. She needed to learn more about McCain's specific positions, and she needed to learn more about foreign policy issues. This was both in preparation for the debate and for the interviews which were to come.

My feeling has been that those sessions have been utter horror shows, and they know it. Now it seems like that has been confirmed with various commentary and rumors coming out. Maybe she's a slow learner. Maybe she's so nervous and on edge that she can't function. Who knows what's going on, but the thing is, if this is the best she can do, then it may be so that pulling her out of the debate, consequences be damned, may be the best idea they've got.

Damn right, I'm going to scoff at that. If she didn't know what was going in the country and the world, and in her running mate's own campaign, she shouldn't have accepted his offer in the first place. She's just embarrassing herself and the McCain campaign. I don't expect to her to know everything, but I have no sympathy for our potential VP who doesn't even know the basics of the biggest issues facing our country right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom