Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, shit!:ohmy: Why am I not McCain's VP? I'm a quick learner. Why, just last week I learned how the entire sales and cash process works at my new job. I'm ready to handle the economy!:hyper:

One of my family members is an evangelical Christian anti-abortion hockey mom with two children with special needs. Today she talked my ear off about the economic crisis with an amazing depth of understanding. She's the incredibly smart Sarah Palin, way smarter than me. I have never been able to bullshit my way through something I don't understand which is one reason why I've always had a fair amount of performance anxiety - I over-prepare for meetings because I have to know what I'm talking about or I look completely stupid bullshitting my way through it. I used to have nightmares where I was unprepared for something and was being put on the spot - like some people have nightmares about going to work with no pants on. Watching Sarah Palin in that Katie Couric interview was like watching one of those nightmares. It was just painful. I am absolutely horrified that she's the VP candidate. It's just beyond astonishing and insulting to the American people (a lot of whom, granted, are stupid).

Exactly. And it really is only a focus because of McCain’s age. If he were younger/perceived to be healthier, then she could easily slot in there and run on a more deflective (and honest) “Foreign policy? That’s his job, I am going to specifically work on the (insert softer domestic issues here – family something/education something/literacy something/whatever)” type thing and it probably would work, and likely be more okay with a lot of people. That she may have to step into the # 1 job, where not only does she need to know 'a bit' about foreign policy, but to be truly good at it, be a bit of a genius in the field... umm....

This is one of the things I was alluding to. She listens to the interviewer's question and then tries to use the same words for her answer. But "rights to express" and expressing one's rights is not the same.

:lol:I just realized that Sarah Palin turns into the SNL character Nicholas Fehn when giving answers, in terms of how she has trouble completing thoughts.

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Update: Nicolas Fehn

One of my family members is an evangelical Christian anti-abortion hockey mom with two children with special needs. Today she talked my ear off about the economic crisis with an amazing depth of understanding. She's the incredibly smart Sarah Palin, way smarter than me. I have never been able to bullshit my way through something I don't understand which is one reason why I've always had a fair amount of performance anxiety - I over-prepare for meetings because I have to know what I'm talking about or I look completely stupid bullshitting my way through it. I used to have nightmares where I was unprepared for something and was being put on the spot - like some people have nightmares about going to work with no pants on. Watching Sarah Palin in that Katie Couric interview was like watching one of those nightmares. It was just painful. I am absolutely horrified that she's the VP candidate. It's just beyond astonishing and insulting to the American people (a lot of whom, granted, are stupid).

I'm with you on all counts.:up:

This is one of the things I was alluding to. She listens to the interviewer's question and then tries to use the same words for her answer. But "rights to express" and expressing one's rights is not the same.

Sorry if this was already posted before, but here's another example:

Couric: When President Bush ran for office, he opposed nation-building. But he has spent, as you know, much of his presidency promoting democracy around the world. What lessons have you learned from Iraq? And how specifically will you try to spread democracy throughout the world?

Palin: Specifically, we will make every effort possible to help spread democracy for those who desire freedom, independence, tolerance, respect for equality. That is the whole goal here in fighting terrorism also. It's not just to keep the people safe but to be able to usher in democratic values and ideals around this, around the world.

See, now her vague platitudes are specific platitudes, because she used Couric's word "specifically".

Watching Sarah Palin in that Katie Couric interview was like watching one of those nightmares. It was just painful. I am absolutely horrified that she's the VP candidate. It's just beyond astonishing and insulting to the American people (a lot of whom, granted, are stupid).

It's astonishing like you said and really sad that almost half the population of the United States is thinking of voting for her! I simply cannot fathom this mindset after what I've heard coming out of her mouth! I mean do you people have standards at all? :doh:

It's astonishing like you said and really sad that almost half the population of the United States is thinking of voting for her! I simply cannot fathom this mindset after what I've heard coming out of her mouth! I mean do you people have standards at all? :doh:

Well, like somebody said, some people want their candidates to be like them--only dumber.

:lmao: I love him! They should have a skit with an interview between him and Sarah Palin/Tina Fey.

That would be awesomeness of epic proportions

Fred Armisen/Nicholas Fehn- "So Governor Palin, My mom, do you think, the war, my cat is hilarious, NO!, the economy."

Tina Fey/Sarah Palin- "Your mom, it's, here's the situation, the war and bad guys, I could really go for some elk stew, is that your car?, McCain is good."

Sorry if this was already posted before, but here's another example:

Couric: When President Bush ran for office, he opposed nation-building. But he has spent, as you know, much of his presidency promoting democracy around the world. What lessons have you learned from Iraq? And how specifically will you try to spread democracy throughout the world?

Palin: Specifically, we will make every effort possible to help spread democracy for those who desire freedom, independence, tolerance, respect for equality. That is the whole goal here in fighting terrorism also. It's not just to keep the people safe but to be able to usher in democratic values and ideals around this, around the world.

See, now her vague platitudes are specific platitudes, because she used Couric's word "specifically".

It is as if she were answering questions in a beauty pagent or something:|

That would be awesomeness of epic proportions

Fred Armisen/Nicholas Fehn- "So Governor Palin, My mom, do you think, the war, my cat is hilarious, NO!, the economy."

Tina Fey/Sarah Palin- "Your mom, it's, here's the situation, the war and bad guys, I could really go for some elk stew, is that your car?, McCain is good."

:lmao:

From the Couric interview, when asked why she hasn't travelled, she calls those of us who have spoiled liberal kids:

"I'm not one of those who maybe came from a background of, you know, kids who perhaps graduate college and their parents give them a passport and give them a backpack and say go off and travel the world. No, I've worked all my life. In fact, I usually had two jobs all my life until I had kids. I was not a part of, I guess, that culture."

You know what, Sarah? Lots of us have worked all of our lives.

From the Couric interview, when asked why she hasn't travelled, she calls those of us who have spoiled liberal kids:

Why doesn't she just admit that she never had an interest in world affairs until she was being considered for the vice presidency?

Regardless, this backfires on her "Canada and Russia are in my backyard" ideology. If that's the case, why didn't you hop the fence or take a little tugboat and give them a visit? It certainly couldn't have cost that much.

Oh, it must be because passports are so expensive that only rich kids can afford them. I see, I see.

Canada and Russia's proximity is convenient when politically necessary.

Hey Palin, they have a lot of moose in Canada too!

I haven't travelled outside of the country much (only once as an adult), but you can rest assured that when I do, I will have paid for it myself, with money that I worked hard to earn.

I've worked, literally, since I was 5 years old. I worked on the family farm until I went to college, and I never got an allowance for it. When I was in my 20s I managed to backpack across Europe for 4 months by myself on a tiny budget, sleeping in youth hostels, living on cheese and fruit, because when I finally had some money I thought seeing the world was the most important thing I could do at that time. Then I went back to NYC and have been working my ass off again ever since, making a few trips outside the country here and there when I could. I was not a part of "that culture" either. I was from Redneck, USA, and I escaped. She's an idiot.

I've worked, literally, since I was 5 years old. I worked on the family farm until I went to college, and I never got an allowance for it. When I was in my 20s I managed to backpack across Europe for 4 months by myself on a tiny budget, sleeping in youth hostels, living on cheese and fruit, because when I finally had some money I thought seeing the world was the most important thing I could do at that time. Then I went back to NYC and have been working my ass off again ever since, making a few trips outside the country here and there when I could. I was not a part of "that culture" either. I was from Redneck, USA, and I escaped. She's an idiot.

Stop being an elitist liberal.

What type of experience would some one running for President in 1860 typically of had?

What type of experience does someone running for President in 2008 typically have?

Yes, there are all kinds of differences between 1860 and 2008, but were talking about one thing, the experience required to be President.

May I please cut and paste all your arguments using Lincoln to counter those who question Obama's level of experience?

so i had an opinion on the trainwreck of that interview,

but then deep said that she did a very good job.

and STING (from what i can gather) thinks she's Abraham Lincoln (Baberham Lincoln?)

so, once again FYM, you are all wrong. and the only Voices of Truth and Reason are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom