Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 05:16 PM
Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2

** First 24 posts carried over from this thread. --y. **




__________________

__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 05:16 PM

For Martha-

A few days back, you were looking for a succinct answer on Sarah's qualifications, here it is in a nut shell:

Sarah Palin learned the basics (Government 101)in Wasilla, involving providing services and cutting taxes, and being responsive to her contiutents. She moved on to energy issues -- big time -- (Alaska Gas and Oil Commission), discovering as commissioner that the Repubs and the Dems had ethical issues, so she dealt with that. She moved on to Government 202 as Governor of Alaska, after defeating the incumbent Rebublican without any machine running her campaign. Her state budget and responsibilities are in the billions annually. The number of state employees is 10 x Obama's campaign, and they certainly are not all star stuck swooners. As governor Palin nailed down a natural gas pipe line for the lower 48 which will cost somewhere between 26 to 40 billion dollars and involved dealing Canada, enviromental issues, citizens and the oil companies, among others.

That's more executive government experience than Obama and Biden combined. (Showing up to vote and having staffers and party leadership tell you what to do and vote "present" does not come near Palin's experience.)


Now the REAL question, if Sarah Palin was A Pro Choice Republican Gov, would you vote for her?

If its that's she's pro life-then that is what you and all the other female posters should say-not claim she's inexperienced.

I happen to think there are a few pro life women who liked the idea of Hillary running-but are looking for a pro life female leader.

Hurricane Sarah has landed.

<>
__________________

__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,338
Local Time: 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
If its that's she's pro life-then that is what you and all the other female posters should say-not claim she's inexperienced.
I've never said one word about her "inexperience." I wanted to know specifics about how she took on BIG OIL and CORRUPTION.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
For Martha-

A few days back, you were looking for a succinct answer on Sarah's qualifications, here it is in a nut shell:

Sarah Palin learned the basics (Government 101)in Wasilla, involving providing services and cutting taxes, and being responsive to her contiutents. She moved on to energy issues -- big time -- (Alaska Gas and Oil Commission), discovering as commissioner that the Repubs and the Dems had ethical issues, so she dealt with that. She moved on to Government 202 as Governor of Alaska, after defeating the incumbent Rebublican without any machine running her campaign. Her state budget and responsibilities are in the billions annually. The number of state employees is 10 x Obama's campaign, and they certainly are not all star stuck swooners. As governor Palin nailed down a natural gas pipe line for the lower 48 which will cost somewhere between 26 to 40 billion dollars and involved dealing Canada, enviromental issues, citizens and the oil companies, among others.

That's more executive government experience than Obama and Biden combined. (Showing up to vote and having staffers and party leadership tell you what to do and vote "present" does not come near Palin's experience.)


Now the REAL question, if Sarah Palin was A Pro Choice Republican Gov, would you vote for her?

If its that's she's pro life-then that is what you and all the other female posters should say-not claim she's inexperienced.

I happen to think there are a few pro life women who liked the idea of Hillary running-but are looking for a pro life female leader.

Hurricane Sarah has landed.

<>




diamond: do you think Sarah Palin would have been picked if she were a man?
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 09-03-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
diamond: do you think Sarah Palin would have been picked if she were a man?
she coulda been.

Remember, none of the men had an 80% appoval rating, and that is her natural hair unlike Joe's:


With Sarah you get authenticty unlike Joe and Senator O.

YouTube - Doug from Upland Sing-Along: Joe Biden's Doll Hair
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
she coulda been.

Remember, none of the men had an 80% appoval rating, and that is her natural hair unlike Joe's:


With Sarah you get authenticty unlike Joe and Senator O.

YouTube - Doug from Upland Sing-Along: Joe Biden's Doll Hair


i'll take this as a "no, of course not."
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 09-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i'll take this as a "no, of course not."
please don't put words in my mouth.

if there was a male republican gov w an 80% plus approval rating and Mac passed on him-then you'd have a discussion.

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 12:18 PM   #8
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 06:16 PM
It's so cute to watch you try and squirm out of an answer.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 12:20 PM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 02:16 AM
Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2

What does Sarah Palin think of the new U2 album being pushed to 2009?




__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
It's so cute to watch you try and squirm out of an answer.


diamond is always cute, no matter what he's doing.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 09-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #11
War Child
 
AnnRKeyintheUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: not coming down
Posts: 603
Local Time: 06:16 PM
I am now thinking- and hoping- that she will gracefully step down before the election to spare him the humilation of replacing her. However, who would he then choose? Dumping a woman, he couldn't very well go for an old white guy, that wouldn't be PC. But she is too risky and inexperienced to be 'a heartbeat away.'
__________________
AnnRKeyintheUSA is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #12
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 02:16 AM
Do you really think he will drop her??? Wouldn't that look bad? I have not been following every bit of news on this controversy but I really don't think he is going to drop her.
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,255
Local Time: 07:16 PM
Won't happen. She's going to hit a home run tonight, and the story about her daughter (which if anything is helping, not hurting her) will soon disappear.
__________________
2861U2 is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #14
War Child
 
AnnRKeyintheUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: not coming down
Posts: 603
Local Time: 06:16 PM
Hey, I know, you can say she's not good for family values since her daughter got pregnant. Also you could say, she can't be a good mother of five and have such a high pressure job. That should turn the right wing against her!

I still think she was a weak and bad choice and it will hurt him.
__________________
AnnRKeyintheUSA is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Won't happen. She's going to hit a home run tonight, and the story about her daughter (which if anything is helping, not hurting her) will soon disappear.


i will be very, very curious to watch and see what happens tonight.

i think we can guarantee that some commentators are going to think she was amazing, and i have no doubt the crowd will love her, sort of akin to after the 2nd debate in 2004, just before it was over, when Karen Hughes ran down the hallway to high-5 Karl Rove to set the narrative as early as possible and try to spin the media as quickly as they could.

so we're going to see that equivalent tonight, no matter what actually happens.

basically, the Republican pundits are going to praise Palin as the second coming in exactly the same way they accuse some of fawning over every little thing Obama says.

there's something very interesting going on here.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com