Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something or is this THE FIRST TIME EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES THAT A BLACK MAN IS RUNNING FOR THE HIGHEST OFFICE IN THE LAND. And you wonder why McCain is only getting 3%???
C'mon, it's not rocket science.

That's not what she asked. Do you read people's post or just go directly to the insult?

The fact that the 15-year-old daughter took one look at the baby and then asked why they weren't told that he was Down's struck me as incredibly odd. When I relayed the story to my Mom, she commented that she thought it was extremely selfish not to prepare your children better, especially since they are older children.

Didn't they not tell the kids she was pregnant til late in the pregnancy too? Or am I confused :scratch: If I'm correct, that would seem odd as well. :shrug:

You're so wrong. That's precisely what may get them in the Whitehouse...AGAIN!!!:ohmy:

Will you stop with the "You're so wrong" bit, you sound like a child. She didn't say the "you're just like me" may not get her in the White House, she's saying it's no REASON to vote her in the White House. Please read people's posts.

Will you stop with the "You're so wrong" bit, you sound like a child. She didn't say the "you're just like me" may not get her in the White House, she's saying it's no REASON to vote her in the White House. Please read people's posts.
:up:

Didn't they not tell the kids she was pregnant til late in the pregnancy too? Or am I confused :scratch: If I'm correct, that would seem odd as well. :shrug:

They didn't tell them that the baby had Down syndrome.

When the 15 yr old daughter saw him at the hospital, she realized what the deal was.

"Will you stop with the "You're so wrong bit, you sound like a child."

Quit your whining. Whatever happened to free speech around here. I can say whatever I want within certain boundries and that's hardly breaking the rules. If I "sound like a child" so be it. Geez, this place is becoming weird.:huh:

Sure, you can say it, but it gives the impression that you couldn't care less about this forum being a social community as well as a place to broadcast one's opinions. Maybe you don't give a damn about that, but a lot of the regulars in here do.

How am I insulting???
It's obvious that the majority of blacks are voting for obama...and so they should. He'd be far better for the majority of them as the republicans would. Don't you think?

Racist a bit? The color of one's skin or their sexual orientation is not a deciding factor. Meaning, just cause someone is black, he must support Obama, or because someone is a woman, she must support Palin. This is the kind of stupidity we are dealing with :banghead:

Thank you :)

A feminist doesn't attempt to limit the reproductive choices of other women. Period.
This strikes me as exceptionally blinkered, a woman can't have a conviction that a foetus is a human life, or at least a potential human life and oppose abortion accordingly.

I feel that you made just made Diamonds point, right wing and conservative women, much like black conservatives get labelled as traitors to their group.

Racist a bit? The color of one's skin or their sexual orientation is not a deciding factor. Meaning, just cause someone is black, he must support Obama, or because someone is a woman, she must support Palin. This is the kind of stupidity we are dealing with :banghead:

Thank you :)

Did I ever say the word MUST???
And what the heck is so racist about pointing out something everyone has known since the primaries - that MOST blacks are voting for Obama. Why does that get anyone angry. Hopefully more whites will too.

C'mon, Obama is going to clean up on the black vote. Partly by default, because he's a Democrat. And yes, partly because he's a black man. It's not racist or stupid to conclude that.

Women Discuss The Palin Factor : NPR

In her acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention, Palin said, "We are expected to govern with integrity and goodwill and clear convictions and a servant's heart. And I pledge to all Americans that I will carry myself in this spirit as vice president of the United States."

The governor's actions, Libenson says, prove otherwise.

In that same speech, Palin told Americans she will be an advocate for children with special needs. "In fact," Libenson says, "just this summer she cut funding for Alaska's Special Olympics."

Libenson cites the governor's line-item veto trimming the Special Olympics budget by $275,000. Palin also slashed funding for statewide independent living centers and transition housing for homeless young adults, Libenson says.

Libenson points out that in a state with one of the highest substance abuse rates in the country, Palin squelched funding — some $325,000 — for a substance abuse education and prevention program aimed at young people. And that she also pared the state's financial support of a Fairbanks community food bank, a drop-out-prevention program and an addiction rehabilitation facility.

C'mon, Obama is going to clean up on the black vote. Partly by default, because he's a Democrat. And yes, partly because he's a black man. It's not racist or stupid to conclude that.

THANKS. Finally a sane voice. One that seems like he/she hasn't been politically corrected beyond reason.

This strikes me as exceptionally blinkered, a woman can't have a conviction that a foetus is a human life, or at least a potential human life and oppose abortion accordingly.

I feel that you made just made Diamonds point, right wing and conservative women, much like black conservatives get labelled as traitors to their group.

I never said that a woman can't. Many women do. I just don't believe that a feminist can.

I never said that a woman can't. Many women do. I just don't believe that a feminist can.

Ditto. And I don't think Palin is any sort of traitor. I just think she's a woman I don't care to see in the White House.

I can't stand the implication that because a woman is on the ticket, I should feel a strong pull to Vote Uterus, and that I'm some kind of traitor myself for not doing so.

I also can't stand the general sense coming from some right-wingers of "Neener neener, you liberals are all just jealous that we got a woman on the ticket and she's on our side, not yours! Where's your progressive god now, Commies? Nyah!"

I do think there's been too much mean-spiritedness about Palin coming from many camps, and it's a shame her family situation was such a strong focus, but heaven forbid someone comes to the decision that gosh, I don't think I like her as a politician and don't want to vote for her.

RFK Jr.:

Fascist writer Westbrook Pegler, an avowed racist who Sarah Palin approvingly quoted in her acceptance speech for the moral superiority of small town values, expressed his fervent hope about my father, Robert F. Kennedy, as he contemplated his own run for the presidency in 1965, that "some white patriot of the Southern tier will spatter his spoonful of brains in public premises before the snow flies."

It might be worth asking Governor Palin for a tally of the other favorites from her reading list.

I think that the concept of equal rights and universal suffrage are compatible with opposing abortion rights. I really don't see how feminist necessitates support for abortion rights.

And one only needs to google it to find that such a beast supposedly exists, Pro-life feminism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WHAT THE F#*K!!!

Could someone please confirm for me and others if this story is real???
I have no idea who this guy Mark Levin is but if this is true then ABC News really did a hatchet job on the Palin/Gibson interview. Which would be really weird. What the hell is going on here - maybe the left IS as nuts as the right in America.

The Mark Levin Show ? Gibson Interview

visit our injured soldiers in Germany.

So, technically, except the way between Ramstein (airport) and Landstuhl (hospital) she didn't even touch German soil.
It's like doing a stopover on a foreign airport and saying "I had the greatest time I've ever spent abroad."

It is for no more politics as usual and somebody’s big, fat resume maybe that shows decades and decades in that Washington establishment

Looks like she is running with the wrong candidate, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom