Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta hand it to the right-wing Christians. They're the best endorsements Obama can get. This is even better than when Stephen Baldwin said he'd leave the country if Obama wins. :drool:

Great posts Irvine :up:

I can't not post this link. Can you say hypocrisy?
Sarah Palin Gender Card | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

I thought yesterday was probably the best Daily Show since they had McCain on and grilled him on Iraq.

My problem is this: why isn't there anyone in the mainstream media calling people out on their hypocracy like this? Why are we only seeing this on a comedy show? Is the media so afraid of being labelled "biased" or "liberal" that they refuse to even report on basic inconsistencies now?

My problem is this: why isn't there anyone in the mainstream media calling people out on their hypocracy like this? Why are we only seeing this on a comedy show? Is the media so afraid of being labelled "biased" or "liberal" that they refuse to even report on basic inconsistencies now?

indeed, the cartoon network has turned into the news.

sorry.

i'll just show myself out.

I agree for the most part, it's unfortunate, but true. But then again I couldn't respect anyone if they started playing to that demographic, it's part of the reason I have lost some respect for so many because they feel like they have to...

Is there anyway around it? Do we just have to weight for the national IQ to rise in order to have smarter government? In order to get real change?

I'm sure someone will label me elitist soon.
No, but you should be labelled naive, smarter politicians means that they will steal more from you with impunity.

Getting ready for a Hillary vs. Palin 2012 election?
Sarah Palin found some unlikely allies Wednesday as leading academics and even former top aides to Hillary Rodham Clinton endorsed the Republican charge that John McCain’s running mate has been subject to a sexist double standard by the news media and Democrats.

Georgetown University professor Deborah Tannen, who has written best-selling books on gender differences, said she agrees with complaints that Palin skeptics — including prominent voices in the news media — have crossed a line by speculating about whether the Alaska governor is neglecting her family in pursuit of national office.

“What we’re dealing with now, there’s nothing subtle about it,” said Tannen. “We’re dealing with the assumption that child-rearing is the job of women and not men. Is it sexist? Yes.”

“There’s no way those questions would be asked of a male candidate,” said Howard Wolfson a former top strategist for Clinton’s presidential campaign.

The sexism charge was hurled with new intensity Wednesday afternoon by McCain surrogates, all women, at a news conference just hours before made her acceptance speech here - a speech in which she said this about the media and Washington elite: "I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion - I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country."

The tense encounter with reporters showed how McCain’s team has abandoned all pretense that this convention is about anything but Palin, her résumé and her wildly unexpected ascension to the GOP ticket.

A choice that was intended to shake up the race did so with more ferocity than McCain ever intended. The mother of five — with one pregnant teenage daughter and an infant son with Down syndrome — has joined a parade of personalities from Anita Hill to O.J. Simpson to Monica Lewinsky to become a cultural flash point.
Clinton aides: Palin treatment sexist - John F. Harris and Beth Frerking - Politico.com

Getting ready for a Hillary vs. Palin 2012 election?

Only if McCain wins..

and the PUMA's and bitter Appalachian, small town Democrats may want to see Hill have a shot in 2012

an Obama win rewards the sexism displayed against Hillary
they know she will not get a shot in 2016

I agree with that, for the most part. No one would ever ask if a male candidate with 5 children could be an effective VP, or even president, for that matter. On the other hand, she's (or the McCain team as a whole, rather) made her family the center of her campaign and appeal, unlike any other candidate that I can ever recall, so it seems a little disingenuous to criticize people for taking her family situation into account when considering how effective she can be, and how her time will be divided.

As well, even though Hillary aides have pointed this out and are called "allies," doesn't mean that they're allied with her politically. And to imply that all news outlets and all Democrats think that way is a vast overstatement.

I'll come back to page 14 later, but did anyone on the "right" side even watch the Daily Show clip? Funny how no one pro-McCain/Palin commented

:shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom